Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: USRT Fueling Solutions

Vehicles
      MK4 Jetta 2.0T, Mk1 Scirocco 16v, 323 GTX
      09-13-2005 06:22 PM #26
      The next size up are the big ol' 630cc which will comfortably support around 450whp (running at 3bar). You're going to have to run a strong pump to support them. A Walbro 255lph is up to the task, and then there is also a Bosch Motorsports option that we can provide if you're willing to invest a bit more hard-earned cash. The Bosch pumps are quieter and probably more durable.
      Scott F. Williams, Team Director
      US Rally Team
      www.facebook.com/usrallyteam

2. 09-15-2005 08:42 PM #27
      all sounds good im looking to be doin a winter project do i just call you directly could you give me an estimate for the 630s and the pump ill go bosch

Vehicles
      09-16-2005 10:03 AM #28
      Sure, you're welcome to give me a ring at the office: 856.456.3335. Or, shoot me an IM or email, etc. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      US Rally Team

4. 09-17-2005 04:47 PM #29
      Scott you are the man.
      I ordered my injectors on Friday and they showed up Saturday (today) instead of Monday like you said [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Thanks again man!

5. 09-20-2005 05:22 PM #30
      sent you im

Vehicles
      09-20-2005 06:18 PM #31
      hit ya back. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      US Rally Team

7. 09-20-2005 07:27 PM #32
      back at ya..thanks..

8. 09-28-2005 06:00 AM #33
      Great customer support [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

/World fastest VR5 Jetta MK4

9. 10-12-2005 07:24 PM #34
      im sent

10. 10-16-2005 11:30 AM #35
      Scott im wondering if you can help me out with something. Im not exactly turbo inclined but there are a few things i dont know.
      Im going to be running a turbonetics t04e in the spring, ive been slowly purchasing pieces for the past little while. I have everything except my fueling situation figured out. I have a cartec FMU, bosch in line fuel pump, and eip tuning base map chip. Also will be running je 8.5:1 forged pistons.
      My question for you is, what should i be looking into for my fuel situation. I dont know if that inline pump is big enough.. i dont know what size of injectors to get and i dont know what to do about a maf.
      I would like to be pushing 350whp but i am on a budget and would settle for 300+whp for this upcoming summer!
      Any help would be appreciated!
      thanks
      joel

Vehicles
      10-17-2005 01:35 PM #36
      Okay, I'll assume that you're tuning a Mk3 VR6. If you want to make 350whp with that on pump gas I'd use 440cc injectors running at 3bar. Manage them with some software from C2 Motorsports (or something more refined from EIP) and you'll be good to go. Sell the FMU off to somebody who wants to abuse their injectors. As for your fuel pump, I'm not sure which one you have. What's the part number?
      P.S. USRT's crew chief graduated from Wyotech out there in Laramie, WY. -great school! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      US Rally Team

12. 10-17-2005 07:10 PM #37
      its the top of the line bosch pump that is included in the stage 2 eip tuning turbo system!
      Yeah ive only been here at wyotech for 3 weeks but its rather prestigious

Vehicles
      10-17-2005 07:13 PM #38
      That pump will be more than sufficient for your needs. Now, go do your homework. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      US Rally Team

14. 10-21-2005 10:55 PM #39
      Hey There, I need a pump set up that will support 550WHP in my scirocco. We are making now in excess of 420whp@26psi with 720cc injectors with 2.5bar. on stock CIS pump with transfer pump. Any idea to get the fueling I need for our new set up wich will see 550whp next summer. Thanks I trust your opinion!

15. 10-22-2005 11:12 AM #40
      Bump for a good seller, thanks for all your help man

Vehicles
      10-24-2005 09:33 AM #41
      Quote, originally posted by euroroccoT »
      Hey There, I need a pump set up that will support 550WHP in my scirocco. We are making now in excess of 420whp@26psi with 720cc injectors with 2.5bar. on stock CIS pump with transfer pump. Any idea to get the fueling I need for our new set up wich will see 550whp next summer. Thanks I trust your opinion!

Marc, I'm assuming that you're running either race gas or water/alcohol injection with your current system. If not, please let me know! Also, if you have any idea what your current duty cycles are I'd appreciate that info, too. Now... with certain assumptions made I figure that you'd be best off with 870cc injectors running at 3.5bar to safely make that 550whp. I'd use the Aeromotive A1000 pump with -10AN line between the pump and the tank. Go with -8AN between the fuel rail and the pump and then -6AN return line between the rail and the tank.

It may be very convenient to place a surge tank up front and have the big A1000 draw from that instead of from the stock tank directly. That way you don't have to sump your tank or add a fuel cell. You'll never ever have any cavitation problems or run lean due to fuel sloshing away from the pick up in the main tank, either.
      US Rally Team

17. 10-24-2005 12:08 PM #42
      Im worried that the in tank pump will not supply enough fuel, even with sump. Im running c16 last I check I was at around 78% duty but some changes were made since.

Vehicles
      10-24-2005 12:19 PM #43
      Mark, that's what the surge tank is for. You'll empty it with the A1000 faster than the stock pump can fill it. However, if you make that surge tank large to last for as long as a full throttle run (usually just several seconds) you'll never run out of fuel. Otherwise, I'd just run the A1000 directly to a sumped tank and forget about the transfer pump.
      US Rally Team

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      11-09-2005 11:32 PM #44
      Scott rules.

20. 11-20-2005 05:08 PM #45
      hi i need a little help in regards to my feul setup as well. i am currently using an IHI vf22 turbo with stock feul system. the only thin im using to fool the ecu is a piggyback. my current a/f is 12.5. its an mk4 gti. i plan on putting on a 3in dp cause the exhaust place fu**ed up and put a 2.25in which they are going to fix. will the extra flow of the 3in make me run more lean? and i am currently boosting about 16psi. i am planning on going up to 300-320hp. what feul system should i run? as in injectors, pump, regulator, standalone or chip? i need all the help i can get please see my thread in the forced induction forum under http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2305383 thanks and any heald would be appreciated.
      -joseph

11-25-2005 12:07 AM #46
      Couple of questions and looking for any updates.

First, if you are planning on making a fuel rail for a VR will it work with a stock manifold? What size feed/return will it incorporate? Will it still utilize a stock FPR on the rail?
      And how far along are you guys with making these?
      '94 Golf VR6T GT4088 R.I.P///'06 Evo SE FP Green full bolt on///'06 Evo RS FP Red Meth///'12 Audi Q5///'12 Golf :.R

22. 11-28-2005 05:46 PM #47
      So i just purcahsed a complete fuel system from USRT.
      I could never thank scott more for the service he provided. I was kind of turned off to pieceing together a fueling system for my BT project but then i emailed USRT. the day(thats right one day) went something like this.
      i woke up around 1:30PM. i was looking around on the tex as usual then i went to USRT's site and emailed them at 2:48PM. within the time i clicked "send" and closed the window got up and went to get dressed scott was already calling me at 2:52PM. there was a time frame of 4 minutes between me sending the email to him replying IN PERSON on the phone i didnt even plan on purchasing anything today but his service just made me want to give him all my money.
      scott was beyond helpful and deserves *238472839
      we played phone tag for a couple hours so he could find everything that i needed. he got me my 440cc injectors, in-tank fuel pump, injector spacers, and my adjustable fpr with gauge. he had everything in stock and even went the extra mile to find the other stuff for my BT project.
      scott you are a great man and i wish i could shake your hand, or probably hug you, in person. thanks again! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      can't wait for my [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emgift.gif[/IMG]'s to come in the mail [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      11-30-2005 01:42 PM #48
      Quote, originally posted by jsocar1986 »
      i plan on putting on a 3in dp cause the exhaust place fu**ed up and put a 2.25in which they are going to fix. will the extra flow of the 3in make me run more lean?

Joseph, the bigger exhaust won't make your run lean directly. However, the reduction in back pressure will definitely speed up the spool time of your turbo and will potentially increase the amount of boost that you can run. Those two factors may require adjustments to your fuel curve (which should be dialed in with proper software). You'll certainly need new software to control injectors large enough to support your power goals.
      Quote »
      I am currently boosting about 16psi. i am planning on going up to 300-320hp. what feul system should i run? as in injectors, pump, regulator, standalone or chip?

Okay, I'll assume that you're looking for that much power at the wheels rather than the crank. To feed that hungry engine on pump fuel I would use 440cc injectors. Combine that with a strong inline pump, a stock 4bar fpr (or adjustable), and some quality software and you'll be good to go. Standalone management will offer the best power and reliability, but you'll give up your OBD-II which means that your car will not pass inspection in many areas. I can take care of you with all of these bits.
      Btw, USRT is very close to providing an entirely new generation of injectors for the VW engines that will blow away current options. Idle stability, cold start, and emissions will be improved significantly. Low-rpm torque will probably be boosted, too. Full details and specs will follow shortly.
      US Rally Team

Vehicles
      11-30-2005 01:48 PM #49
      Quote, originally posted by evilgti2000 »
      First, if you are planning on making a fuel rail for a VR will it work with a stock manifold? What size feed/return will it incorporate? Will it still utilize a stock FPR on the rail?
      And how far along are you guys with making these?

Yep, we've got several fuel rails under development or finished already. The Mk2/3 VR6s are done and feature -8AN feed and -6AN return ports. These parts aren't difficult for us to physically produce. However, I'm slammed at the moment juggling other projects. We can do the Mk4 VR6 stuff, too, but I need a car in front of me to measure, etc. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      US Rally Team

Vehicles
      11-30-2005 01:54 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by kevinGTI02 »
      I could never thank scott more for the service he provided.

Thanks for such positive comments, Kevin. I'm here to help! I'll back to you later today with more information, too.
      US Rally Team

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast