Figured I would post this up, so others would not have to go through everything I did to get this done.
Since the leg work is done, I figured I'd take pictures.
With the help of the nice guys at ross-tech, they gave me the schematics I needed.
A short trip to the local yard with a pair of wire cutters, and I cut an OBD2 port from a Dodge durango. I also got an extra as well, both plugs were $5.
Since the weather has been warm, I first recommend getting some shade to work in. Here is my shade.
Other than the OBD2 plug, you will need a few other things.
I collected 3 zip ties (a fovorite amoung us MK2'ers) , a rag, shrink tubbing, wire cutters, solder, soldering iron, pin out diagrams, lighter, and wire stripers.
First I twisted the wires together and then soldered them in place. Once it cooled a little, I heated the shrink tubbing.
Then I used the zip ties to neaten up a little.
It helps to have one of these.
Then I tested. The light went from yellow to green. A good sign! No comments on the aladin CD, when you have kids you'll understand.
And voila!!!!!!! After a month of trying to figure out my bucking issues, some help is here!
Then go relax and drink a !
Hopefully this will help someone else as well.
Close-ups of the pinout for the plugs can be found here.
"K"-line is listed as blue, on my car (90 GLI) it was grey w/white stripe.
Now off to fix my problems!
Modified by vwgtipowr at 11:47 PM 8-27-2005