VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Regional BioDiesel Availability

175K views 153 replies 121 participants last post by  Treenamz 
#1 ·
Help another soothead out in your area and post up where you've found BioDiesel in your area.

See less See more
#87 ·
Re: (Biod RC)

Quote, originally posted by Biod RC »
Berlin Maryland.
Cropper Oil Rt.50 six miles west of Ocean City.
Open to the public Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 5 pm.
Card lock 24/7
B20, B50, B99 pumps.

Just to add...
Now B10, B20, B50, B99
And now accepts any credit card 24/7

#90 ·
Re: Regional BioDiesel Availability (lemonjuice)

Quote, originally posted by lemonjuice »
does anyone here now of any pumps in the chicago land area??

i havent seen many - its sad since we are surrounded by corn
i know there is a struggle in rockford to build an ethanol plant

i know in rockford and schaumburg areas there are no biodiesel spots
however heading west into the quad cities there are a few truck stops with various blends the highest being B20 though

#95 ·
I ended up taking a small road trip to find some b20 today, at Dennis K Burke Inc 410 Beacham Street Chelsea, MA 02150. B20, for $4.36, Premium DinoDiesel for $4.38I was also playing around on mapquest and you can select the gas button to get gas prices in different areas. They also do biodiesel and E85.

#99 ·
Re: Regional BioDiesel Availability (Nighttrain005)

Quote, originally posted by Nighttrain005 »
Why in the Hell would you want to use Bio-Diesel when it is over $5.00 a gal and is worse for the Envirement then Reg Diesel , think about that

Wrong. Now as far as food prices and the cultivation of the materials... You must remember, that unlike E85, Biodiesel can be made from recycled materials. Thank you, come again.

Modified by veedub11 at 11:12 AM 6-3-2008

#101 ·
Re: Regional BioDiesel Availability (veedub11)

Biodiesel's only drawback is more NOX emissions. Everything else is lowered considerably......
Algae and Jatropha are 2 alternatives to the food vs. fuel debate. Jatropha can be grown on arid land, negating the use of fertile soils used for food. And over time, Jatropha can fill that land with nutrients as well.
Algae can be cultivated in many places, but I'm told it is still in it's infancy regarding oil conversion. If I am incorrect, share the wealth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.