VWVortex

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: DA BEARS!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 BIG TINGS TIGUAN
      11-01-2005 09:34 PM #141
      Quote, originally posted by g60rabbit »

All I want either QB to do at this point is get us to the playoffs. I don't care how bad the division is. It will be great for the young guys to get a taste of the postseason. It will be even better for we the fans

you're one of my fav vortex yankee fans right? at least we both like the bears!

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 R32-1997 D90- 05 1500 Hemi
      11-02-2005 10:52 AM #142
      Quote, originally posted by dtmprojk »

you're one of my fav vortex yankee fans right? at least we both like the bears!

If you look hard enough you can find the good in everyone.. DABEARS

Vehicles
      '11 VW GTI (Miss Chelsea Dagger)
      11-02-2005 12:51 PM #143
      If this is where a Chicagoan can dissect the Bears, I'm IN!!! Not a fan, per se, but Kyle Orton is my boy (Boiler UP!!!) and they've been my defense in Fantasy for the last couple of years.

Here's to the NON-Schoop Bears. Was he just the most bloody awful Offense Coordinator or do you think it was a personnel issue??

A little of both IMO. Where is Cade McNown & Kordell Stewart these days??? I think Curtis Enis pumped my gas last week. Same gas station as Axl Rose!!!

for the Bears. #1 in the worst division of the NFL!!!

**The Pelvic Exam Ninja** (It is also a coincidence I am going to be a REAL doctor. Dr Hank McCoy is Beast from X-men. Who is Nog Blue, like my old S4 )

4. Member
      Vehicles
      11-02-2005 01:33 PM #144
      Quote, originally posted by gtfli1 »
      Where is Cade McNown

I don't know but I have a closet full of upcoming Bear "stars" jerseys including Salam and McNown

Vehicles
      11-02-2005 01:42 PM #145
      Quote, originally posted by g60rabbit »

I don't know but I have a closet full of upcoming Bear "stars" jerseys including Salam and McNown

Those TOTALLY appreciated in value. Saw 'em on eBay for $.06 as opposed to $.03. That 2x the value!!!

Forgot about Salam. What about a Benson jersey?????

W/ Benson, I call it the "Brees" (again, BOILER UP!!!) effect. They use a 1st round draft pick to fill that position, and then the guy they wanted to replace takes it to a whole new level.

Philip Rivers hands off to Benson!!!

**The Pelvic Exam Ninja** (It is also a coincidence I am going to be a REAL doctor. Dr Hank McCoy is Beast from X-men. Who is Nog Blue, like my old S4 )

6. 11-03-2005 03:45 AM #146
      I think Curtis Enis pumped my gas last week.

There was an article in the Chicago Tribune before the season started that said Enis is working 3rd shift at a garage door factory in Pennsylvania.

7. Member
      11-03-2005 08:41 AM #147
      if thats true, its really sad to see how far guys can fall..

8. 11-03-2005 02:45 PM #148
      Quote, originally posted by CheddaJetta »
      That Orton kid is a pile of dog poo....

Of all the rookie quarterbacks, is there one better than Orton...I don't think so...

9. 11-03-2005 02:47 PM #149
      Quote, originally posted by dubfanatic »
      if thats true, its really sad to see how far guys can fall..

I think I remember seeing a similar story to that in a magazine somewhere.

Vehicles
      11-03-2005 04:38 PM #150
      Quote, originally posted by JediGTI »

Of all the rookie quarterbacks, is there one better than Orton...I don't think so...

As a Purdue alum, I'll be WAAAAAAAY biased. However it DOES beg the question.

Are all of the Bear's O-whoa's going to be solved if they keep trying to plug in rookie QB's???

I mean, if they had a "philosophy" they might be able to get a better fit. Are they West Coast? Are they trying to get back to a slightly more "historical" T-formation'd run team w/ some passes?

As a "casual observer" to the Bears, I wanna say that Shoop was BRUTAL, and that left a void for as long as he was O coordinator.

Orton has been quite adept and learning his position. @ very least, I think the Bears Offensive Philosophy is: "Don't screw it up!" But let's say he doesn't? What then??? Another rookie QB??? Some FRAGILE short schmoe like Grossman???

I would like to be a Bears fan, like I was back til 1987. But they're so aggravating offensively, I found it easier to adopt a different team. It's like Bears fans are hoping for a Baltimore Ravens year, in which a SUPER-defense can get a ring.

Whoops, dropped two pennies!

11. Member
      11-03-2005 04:50 PM #151
      so, is this thing going to be 20+ pages long by seasons end and tower over the sports forum as the resident everlasting thread?

i like Orton, I like Grossman. Think of the last time you could say you liked two QB's on the Bears roster at any given time... I really think we will be in good shape going into next seasons camp coming off a playoff appearance and with open competition between those two and whatever cagey vet we can bring in. we are deep at RB with jones and cedric the entertainer. More depth at LB and a few more big fast recievers and we will be set.

12. 11-04-2005 12:11 AM #152
      the Bears need Vince Young and trade Grossman and keep Orton as a back up

Lets face it - the Lions are a defense and two healthy recievers away from dominating the North and the Bears even though they stand a very good chance at making the playoffs are still pretending to be good.

Say what you want but Atlanta, Philly, Dallas, NY, Carolina, and Seattle will whip the Bears. And the NFC is far inferior to the AFC and gap seems to grow every year.

Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

13. Member
      11-04-2005 08:46 AM #153
      Quote, originally posted by Juiced6 »
      Lets face it - the Lions are a defense and two healthy recievers away from dominating the North...

Oh gee, thats all?

Say what you want but Atlanta, Philly, Dallas, NY, Carolina, and Seattle will whip the Bears. And the NFC is far inferior to the AFC and gap seems to grow every year.

Whip? I dont know about that.... you dont whip a team featuring the #2 defense in the NFL....

14. 11-04-2005 10:03 AM #154
      Oh gee, thats all?

x2

that would apply to a lot of teams (or some variation of it)

15. Member
      Vehicles
      11-04-2005 10:24 AM #155
      Lets face it - the Lions are a defense and two healthy recievers away from dominating the North .

Vehicles
      11-04-2005 11:38 AM #156
      so, is this thing going to be 20+ pages long by seasons end and tower over the sports forum as the resident everlasting thread?

I HOPE SO!!!

It'll probably be more "accepted" than anything resembling a White Sox thread since all of us are just bandwagoner's and you're not a true fan UNLESS you've been posting in the Sports Forum of a car-enthusiasts website, months BEFORE a team's success. (People really pizz me off sometimes, sorry).

Personally, I'm not that much "car" anymore these days, and the Corporate Firewall, locks out my Fantasy sports, but I can use some good Sports chat on some days, so I HOPE, this will be a continuous discussion thread!!! Again, I'm not a fan of the Bears, but I LUV football more than anything else. Since I live in Chicago, I get mostly Bears stuff, but am still an "outside observer" w/ too much information.

Even if there IS the argument that Mariucci's boys may one day "dominate" the NFC North, the Bears are NO different. DET is still trying to make the pieces fit, but the Bears are as well! And you can bet once Favre hangs up his cleats, it'll be awhile til GB gets anywhere. So during this apparent / IMPENDING weakness of this division, the Bears should be making every attempt to be ahead.

That DOES say nothing in the larger pic because of the AFC, but still, alot of things start out on a smaller scale. Superbowl Bears??? Probably not for another 5 years if we're lucky.

17. 11-04-2005 11:48 AM #157

wrong, see college hoops

18. 11-04-2005 11:10 PM #158
      ugh #2 D but playing against who?
      Cincy is the best team they played and they made the Bears look real bad.
      As for the #2 D - they lined up against these stellar Offenses
      Minnesota - #24
      Baltimore - #25
      Cleveland - #26
      Detroit (x2) - #29

Cmon - if the D is that good they would have beat Cleveland.

Those teams listed(in prior post) would whip the bears.

I still stick by and say the Lions have probably the best offensive units in the NFC if they can get heatlthy and actually gel - the Recieving unit by itself is enough to take apart any secondary - but sadly that team has other issues.

Boiler Up!

19. Member
      11-05-2005 09:02 AM #159
      cant blame a team for playing who is on thier schedule....

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      11-05-2005 11:42 AM #160
      Cincy made the Bears look real bad? No, Orton had 5 ints, the score didn't reflect that. Tillman had two bad plays, play Cincy again and they don't get anywhere. Cleveland again, that was a very bad game. I think the secondary is much improved since those games, those were the only reasons for a loss.

We'll see again vs NO. The Lions are a farce and anomoly atop the NFC North.

Misanthrope extraordinaire

Vehicles
      2004 Lancer Ralliart Sedan (not quite stock)
      11-05-2005 01:08 PM #161
      Quote, originally posted by GSTGuy »
      We'll see again vs NO.

I'm not sure what to think of this game. Saints D is pretty decent and they know how to play against Muhammad and with the right LB trio can stop the run, but the Saints O is nowhere to be found this year because the line is so bad that a three-man rush (!!!!) beat them and got a safety last week.

XBL--lJesse Custerl|PSN-lJesseCusterl
      EBC brakes, Injen SRI, ridiculous stereo, etc.

22. 11-06-2005 05:00 PM #162
      The Saints offensive line looked pretty good on that TD drive.

Vehicles
      Civic
      11-06-2005 05:27 PM #163
      I wish I could see the game but all I get is Pitt/GB. I think the Bears have a good shot today, They just need the right team to show up.

24. 11-06-2005 07:13 PM #164
      Quote, originally posted by iamnotemo »
      I wish I could see the game but all I get is Pitt/GB. I think the Bears have a good shot today, They just need the right team to show up.

In Chicago they showed Pitt/GB on Channel 2 and the Bears game on Fox.

Glad the Bears were able to pull that one out. 5-3 with SF at home next.

I dunno what Orton is thinking with that beard though...he has more hair on his neck than on his face.

Vehicles
      Civic
      11-06-2005 07:44 PM #165
      I've been reading the stats on ESPN and RB wise all three guys turned in good performances. Orton didn't light the world on fire but a win is a win. Hopefully SF shouldn't be much of a challenge because 5 wins in a row would be great.

Vehicles
      2004 Lancer Ralliart Sedan (not quite stock)
      11-06-2005 07:55 PM #166
      Good game. Hate to see games end like that, but it's the nature of the game when you're a Saints fan.
      XBL--lJesse Custerl|PSN-lJesseCusterl
      EBC brakes, Injen SRI, ridiculous stereo, etc.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      11-06-2005 09:35 PM #167
      5-3 baby

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      11-07-2005 12:45 AM #168
      Just as Orton starts to look decent and progressing, he has a game like this. The defense didn't look great today either, IMO, lacking the explosiveness they've had in games past. Hopefully we'll bounce back against a weak SF and light it up.

5-3 feels nice after a few years of losing.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      11-07-2005 10:46 AM #169
      I must again extend my thanks to the Bears for covering the spread and helping me in the pool.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      11-07-2005 09:24 PM #170
      I recall you picking Detroit in their first game against them, you have lost all privledges to take the Bears to cover.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      11-08-2005 11:10 AM #171
      I recall you picking Detroit in their first game against them, you have lost all privledges to take the Bears to cover.

Cant a man learn from his mistakes??

1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

Vehicles
      11-08-2005 01:01 PM #172
      Just as Orton starts to look decent and progressing, he has a game like this. The defense didn't look great today either, IMO, lacking the explosiveness they've had in games past. Hopefully we'll bounce back against a weak SF and light it up.

5-3 feels nice after a few years of losing.

Nothing wrong w/ the defense really, but taken into consideration a game as a whole, there IS, since the Offense has such a hard time staying on the field. If you watch the D, they just get tired (ie - "lacking the explosiveness"). They're aren't too many defense who are just SOOOO good, they can stay on the field the whole game, ya know??

SF looks to be having their own O problems, so maybe next week, the D will get a little "break".

33. 11-08-2005 06:35 PM #173
      SF doesnt have an offense but their D is good enough to keep them in for atleast a half to 3 quarters of a game.

They are a very bad team - but the Bears O i dont think can light them up

who knows

upset special

Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      11-09-2005 12:53 AM #174
      If you watch the D, they just get tired (ie - "lacking the explosiveness").

I'm thinking more along the lines of letting Antowain Smith get off to a big start with Tillman barely saving a TD. Just stuck in my mind. The TDs they had looked pretty easy as well.

to destroying the 49ers going into a huge game against Carolina.

35. Member
      11-09-2005 09:05 AM #175
      Ive been talked out of the thinking that Orton should stay in all the way. I retract all my previous statements about not changing QB's when Grossman is ready, I think that he should be handed the reigns upon his return.

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast