Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sport Spindles Available - H2Sport Inc.

1. 06-13-2006 04:29 PM #71
      i'm not sure, but something is clunking when i park my car

the noise is coming from the front

2. 06-13-2006 04:35 PM #72
      please explain "park the car"

3. 06-13-2006 04:37 PM #73
      Quote, originally posted by Ahme »
      just a side question, do u find the mkV have the same problem with the mkIV? i spindle wise. (i mean do the mkV need spindle like these?)

all macphearson strut designed cars suffer this problem

some more than others.

and the problem is NOT IN THE SPINDLE

it is in the relationship of where the control arm attaches to the frame, and where it attaches to the spindle

since you very well cant change where the control arm attaches to the frame without lots of welding, the next best thing is to change the spindle.

4. 06-13-2006 04:40 PM #74
      Quote, originally posted by alomI wolleY iTG »
      i'm not sure, but something is clunking when i park my car

the noise is coming from the front

I'm confused...do you have these spindles already and am having issues with them?

5. 06-13-2006 05:43 PM #75
      Quote, originally posted by 7thGear »
      please explain "park the car"

This occurence happens on low speed turns such as reversing into a parking spot or pulling out of a parking spot.

As I'm steering the wheel, there is a clunk at a certain point.

Quote, originally posted by back2school »
      I'm confused...do you have these spindles already and am having issues with them?

I have the Koni Sport kit and H2Sport spindles.

Additional info:

The upper spring perch, strut bear, strut mount, securing nut for the strut assembly, strut top plate, and strut top nut are brand new.

I also had the ball-joint to spindle nut, tie rod to spindle nut, and spindle pinch bolt/nut replaced as well.

Everything torqued to spec. The only thing left out were the strut spacers.

Modified by alomI wolleY iTG at 5:45 PM 6-13-2006

6. 06-13-2006 06:03 PM #76
      This occurence happens on low speed turns such as reversing into a parking spot or pulling out of a parking spot.

I have the Koni Sport kit and H2Sport spindles.

Additional info:

The upper spring perch, strut bear, strut mount, securing nut for the strut assembly, strut top plate, and strut top nut are brand new.

I also had the ball-joint to spindle nut, tie rod to spindle nut, and spindle pinch bolt/nut replaced as well.

Everything torqued to spec. The only thing left out were the strut spacers.

Modified by alomI wolleY iTG at 5:45 PM 6-13-2006

Using a stock sway? Sounds like it may be a sway bar clearance issue.

7. 06-13-2006 06:05 PM #77
      Quote, originally posted by back2school »
      Using a stock sway? Sounds like it may be a sway bar clearance issue.

20th/337GTi / GLi have a different sway bar that provides extra clearance.

Plus the H2Sport spindles come with different swaybar endlinks.

8. 06-13-2006 06:16 PM #78
      20th/337GTi / GLi have a different sway bar that provides extra clearance.

Plus the H2Sport spindles come with different swaybar endlinks.

My bad...didn't see you had a 20th. After lowering, I had a clunking issue on my 1.8T before getting new links.

9. 06-13-2006 06:29 PM #79
      The H2Sport spindles were made for ppl with crazy drops.

My Koni Sports do not drop the car by much maybe slightly lower than the factory 20th height (if I used the strut assembly spacer).

I'm raking 25.5" in the front from ground to fender and 26+" in the rear. It's quite noticeable with the mk4 fender design.

10. 06-13-2006 10:08 PM #80
      Keep us updated on what the deal is ....I am interested in getting a set of these spindles coupled with a set of FSDs/Eibach Pros (1.2 max drop) - if you're getting clunking at your minimal drop, something is awry.

11. 06-15-2006 08:42 PM #81
      The H2Sport spindles were made for ppl with crazy drops.

Sport Spindle was developed for a 2" drop, However, it is effective even at just over 1" lower that stock.

As for your "clunk", verify everything is tight and torqued properly.

Sounds like it could be a strut bearing/mount binding if it happens when you turn the wheel.

12. 06-15-2006 10:05 PM #82
      Quote, originally posted by Jason@H2Sport »
      Sounds like it could be a strut bearing/mount binding if it happens when you turn the wheel.

Hmm, how does the bearing/mount bind?

If the bearing cracked during installation, would the clunk symptom occur? I can easily turn the steering wheel and whatnot. It's just a certain clunk on low speed turns such as parking lot maneuvers.

13. 06-20-2006 02:32 PM #83
      Where can i get vr6 rado spindles????

14. 06-22-2006 11:11 AM #84
      so how bad would the bumpsteer be if used at stock height?

is there any modification that could be done to the steering arms to negate that? such as longer connecting bolts?

15. 06-22-2006 07:29 PM #85
      Quote, originally posted by 7thGear »
      so how bad would the bumpsteer be if used at stock height?

is there any modification that could be done to the steering arms to negate that? such as longer connecting bolts?

Shoot Tom an e-mail...

Tom@H2Sport.com

16. 06-23-2006 05:15 PM #86
      I think they are busy lately, been shooting Jason some messages and no responses. Wonder what's happening.

Probably Canadian GP?

Modified by alomI wolleY iTG at 10:48 PM 6-28-2006

17. 06-28-2006 10:50 PM #87
      I'll check for torque specs this weekend or the next wknd.

I used the search and found out that this clunk issue could possibly be the outer tie rod need replacement or one of the wheels bearings provided by H2Sport were defective.

18. 06-29-2006 02:16 PM #88
      We've been very busy lately as we're in the process of moving to our new shop. (I didn't even get a chance to watch the Montreal GP yet!)

A bearing would cause a loud humming noise, likely not a clunk. IM your phone # and I will call you when I have a few minutes.

19. 06-29-2006 02:50 PM #89
      Thanks Jason!

I'll give you a ring later today.

20. 06-30-2006 01:33 AM #90
      Just had the spindles installed recently and what a difference! First of all, the local VW mechanic around here has never seen such a part yet and he was just really impressed with the OE quality and fit of the spindle. As for the feel on the road, I'm no professional driver or mechanic, but i experienced significantly less body roll and the bumps on the road doesn't hit as hard anymore with my stiff shocks! The steering is much more responsive. It is simply just awesome! I am still going easy with the car to get used to the new handling characteristics and i still need an alignment this weekend. Definitely a must upgrade if u plan on lowering and keeping your MK4 for a while. Good Job H2Sport, i was just tired of the way my ride's sloppy feel, this product brings new life and fun to the car!

21. 07-04-2006 01:08 AM #91
      so, about those mk3 one's, where do we stand on development?

Vehicles
      1990 JETTA VR6, 2003 JETTA 1.8T, 2010 TOUAREG TDI
      07-26-2006 10:55 PM #92
      I dont know did I talk to at waterfest but I will def. get this as soon as funds come avaible! good product, looks veery much OEM like in person.
      I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

Vehicles
      1997 Jetta
      07-27-2006 01:48 AM #93
      Quote, originally posted by all-starr-me »
      so, about those mk3 one's, where do we stand on development?

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2K VR6 Jetta
      07-29-2006 11:04 AM #94
      O.K. I'm another believer. About 6yrs. ago I lowered it appx 1in w/ H&R's (w/ Koni Yellow's at full soft.) I just had the H2Sport Spindles installed and while the strut tower was apart, replaced all that h/w (OEM bearings, mounts, stops and replaced and trimmed the bump stops one increment to let the Koni's do more of the work.) Also, had the TT CA bushing pressed in (w/ new OEM front.) 225x45x17's may make the changes more pronounced but, the the changes (mostly the spindles, I think) are noticable enought to be felt - and enjoyed! Spent a day in the Rocky Mtns and turn-in's are quicker / more pronounced and smoother, and steering effort is less. It's easier to control the tail-end when it comes out. On high speed straights (in to triple digits) it tracks much better / easier - especially on roads grooved for snow/ice! And, I can still feel some of those differences in town, at city speeds. There is a definate increase in my smile factor!

These spindles certainly aren't cheap (your call if they're affordable for you) but if your after market components are still in good shape and you don't want to start all over again building your suspension - these spindles really do work! Thank you H2Sport!

Modified by VR6_00Jetta at 9:23 AM 7-29-2006

Modified by VR6_00Jetta at 9:26 AM 7-29-2006

Vehicles
      1990 JETTA VR6, 2003 JETTA 1.8T, 2010 TOUAREG TDI
      12-17-2006 10:03 PM #95
      Quote, originally posted by ginster vr6 »
      Why are new sway bar endlinks included? Does it change the position of the sway bar mounting? or is it still on the control arms? Can I use an after-market sway bar?

yes you get new longer links, mounts the same way as stock. yes you can run aftermarket sway!
      I would also suggest ot include new nuts (axle, tie rod and ball joint) cause sometimes they can get striped or what not. I just installed mine today, took me some hour or so to get both sides done.

I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

Vehicles
      20th AE 3366
      08-30-2010 07:18 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by alomI wolleY iTG View Post
      H2Sport owner here.

Did anyone noticed that there are no provisions for the dustshield for the 20th GTi?

For the brakes??

I've been looking into these for a little bit now. Mainly I just want something to help fix the geometry of my lowered car.. I'm tired of going threw 6 speed axles. I'd like to know what alomI wolleY iTG was meaning by dust shields.

02-05-2011 05:05 PM #97
      order #128666435698

any news???????????

Vehicles
      1986 Mercedes 300E / 02 1.8T GTI / 12 Golf TDI / 12 Passat 2.5 SEL
      02-07-2011 11:12 AM #98
      you bumped an ancient thread for that? call them you nitwit.
      VW Vortex, the perfect place to get your daily dose of

02-07-2011 03:38 PM #99
      did you even read the op's opening words? this is an ad for said spindles, with no post as to said spindles being not in stock. good reason or not.
      YOU OR I can goto this site and buy spindles, but atlast, they are not there.
      SO NOW YOU KNOW. this is not a stocked item to buy from site.

i have every right to post on this thread i am a customer with a paid receipt.
      and its not like i havent had conversations with people at h2sport either/h2sport hasn't called me to give me any updates at all with my order, or otherwise, and i dont harrass them everyday(or every-week for that matter)
      i just know that for as long as i have had payment tendered, there have been NO product to receive, but yet continue to sell to people.

so when i simply ask about an order# on an ad thats not yours, put ur foot in ur mouth

nitwit

Vehicles
      MK4 VW JETTA GLI K04-02x, B5 A4 1.8TQ
      07-28-2011 05:45 AM #100
      You to huh... I ordered and paid for these back in November. So I can imagine your frustration. I hope they get some in stock soon I really want to install them and experience the greatness.
      Constant, State of Change!
      "Too close for Guns Switch to Missiles"... but, SIR!
      Robkwoods @IG

31. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta 1.8T Racecar, 2001 Jetta 2.slow daily beater
      08-10-2011 11:09 AM #101
      I wanted to order some control arms from them but they can't even respond to an email so I don't think I will be sending any money their way either.

32. 08-11-2011 01:16 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      I wanted to order some control arms from them but they can't even respond to an email so I don't think I will be sending any money their way either.
      There are other options to get solid bushings for the front control arm. SCCH, Ground Control, Powerflex and a few others.

33. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta 1.8T Racecar, 2001 Jetta 2.slow daily beater
      08-11-2011 10:57 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by rex_racer View Post
      There are other options to get solid bushings for the front control arm. SCCH, Ground Control, Powerflex and a few others.
      I have the solid bushings and they are torn in under 1 year. Too much low. Bearings are the only thing left for me.

I called them yesterday and they said it would be another month until the control arms are back in stock.

34. 08-12-2011 03:32 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      I have the solid bushings and they are torn in under 1 year. Too much low. Bearings are the only thing left for me.

I called them yesterday and they said it would be another month until the control arms are back in stock.
      Apologies, I should have been clearing, the companies I listed produce bearing kits.

Vehicles
      03 GTI 1.8T 100% STOCK
      04-07-2012 06:48 PM #105
      ALIVE?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast