Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help with: 17511 / P1103

1. 11-02-2005 06:07 PM #1
      17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S1: Performance too Low
      P1103 - 35-00 - -

I pulled this code off with Vag-com this morning. The dealer flashed my computer yesterday and it is still hesitating and power surging at half and WOT through all gears, but most notable in 2nd.

• Does this indicate that the O2 sensor is failing / has failed?
      • Or could there be a different reason for this code?
      • Is there any way I can prove that the O2 has failed (besides pulling codes)?

I have a service appointment tomorrow and would like to give them a starting point so it may take less time to resolve.

2000 Jetta VR6 - for reference.

Thanks

2. 11-02-2005 06:09 PM #2
      Quote, originally posted by modena »

I have a service appointment tomorrow and would like to give them a starting point so it may take less time to resolve.

Thanks

They are service technicians. They are professionals. They know how to fix things.

3. Banned
      11-02-2005 06:10 PM #3
      it does sound like the 02 sensor is on its way out (2nd)....Ross Tech ahs some great info on their site in diagnosing/using the VAGCOM to it's potential...

I forgot the blocks to use, but go to the FAQ/DIY threads....there is info there that can help you...

4. 11-02-2005 06:26 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by 24psigti »
      They are service technicians. They are professionals. They know how to fix things.

That's why they flashed the computer rather than properly diagnosing it, right? That's like telling people to format their hard drive when they get spam in their email. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but when I'm told that all it needed was a reprogram, I see a big red flag. I'm only looking for a 2nd opinion.

I will check the FAQ, thanks.

Vehicles
      12 R
      11-02-2005 06:35 PM #5