Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official iPod FAQ and general questions thread - PLEASE KEEP GENERAL IPOD CHIT-CHAT IN THIS THREAD ***

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      09-17-2008 11:36 AM #376
      Quote, originally posted by dub-Nation »
      Thanks! Since I am getting a 16gb Nano, do you think I will notice a difference from 320 to 128? I know there is significant size difference and just want to make the most of my Nano.

Yes, definitely. 128k is horrible in my opinion. If you really want to make the most of your nano, then encode in 192k. It's kind of a "happy medium" between the two. 192k isn't exactly CD quality, but I feel that it's leaps and bounds ahead of 128k. You'll notice a significant space difference between 192k and 320k so I would just go with that.
      In all honesty though, I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate the best quality I can get with what I can work with. I'd prefer to have all my stuff in FLAC (lossless) but it really doesn't work with anything besides my computer. If you don't notice a difference between 320k and 192k, then just do 192k. As long as you're happy, it doesn't matter. Try out one CD. Encode it in 192k and 320k and test them out on the nano. See what's better. Do a blind test and see if you can tell the difference. If not, then go with 192k [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

2. Banned
      09-17-2008 11:53 AM #377
      The worst thing I ever did was start downloading a few albums in FLAC or 320k I can't go back to 128k ever again.

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      09-17-2008 12:27 PM #378
      Quote, originally posted by Nitro! »
      The worst thing I ever did was start downloading a few albums in FLAC or 320k I can't go back to 128k ever again.

I agree. It's horrible. I remember way back when, when Napster and Kazaa weren't considered "illegal" and we used to download music in 128k and we were blown away with the quality
      128k sounds like an 8-track to me

4. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      09-17-2008 01:00 PM #379
      I have all my songs in 320kb mp3s but I also converted songs on my playlist to 192kb AAC files to take with me on my iPhone/iPod.
      I don't really hear that much difference between 192kb and 320kb MP3 on headphones, unless I have a reference quality set.
      320kb MP3 playback really eats battery, I was able to gain an extra hour of battery life and more storage on my iPhone with 192kb AAC music over 320kb MP3s.

Modified by Vision33r at 1:03 PM 9-17-2008

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit ABA, MK4 JTi 1.8T, T4 Eurovan V6, MK6 Golf TDI (Owned MK1 Caddy, MK2 Jetta & B5.5 Passat)
      09-17-2008 02:11 PM #380
      Quote, originally posted by Chacolla »
      Yes, definitely. 128k is horrible in my opinion. If you really want to make the most of your nano, then encode in 192k. It's kind of a "happy medium" between the two. 192k isn't exactly CD quality, but I feel that it's leaps and bounds ahead of 128k. You'll notice a significant space difference between 192k and 320k so I would just go with that.
      In all honesty though, I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate the best quality I can get with what I can work with. I'd prefer to have all my stuff in FLAC (lossless) but it really doesn't work with anything besides my computer. If you don't notice a difference between 320k and 192k, then just do 192k. As long as you're happy, it doesn't matter. Try out one CD. Encode it in 192k and 320k and test them out on the nano. See what's better. Do a blind test and see if you can tell the difference. If not, then go with 192k [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Thanks for the info, after posting my question about the bit rates, I starting searching online and found some information that was very useful. (Choosing the Best Bit Rate for Great Sound Quality article), it explains the differences with bit rates, files sizes, etc... One thing did not know about is MP3 VBR (Variable Bit Rate), in iTunes you can set it to VBR and opt for a minimum bit rate. It actually came out pretty good.
      Setting it to VBR and a minumum rate of 128k, made some files 2MB to 5MB, depending on how many instruments or sounds that happen at the same time will cause the file size to change. Read the article above, useful stuff I thought.
      Thanks again!
      Bernie
      Bernie M Chacon III
      dub-Nation.com ~ for the love of the veedub.

For sale/want to trade parts?Follow Me on FacebookOktoberfest Event & #OccupyBigBear - October 3-5 ‖ #ProjektMK6 ‖ #ProjektT4 ‖ #ProjektMK1

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris
      09-18-2008 02:14 AM #381
      I asked before with no help. I really want to do this:
      How do I convert a podcast into a regular mp3?
      Reason is I listen to MUSIC podcasts, normal 3-4 min songs, that are podcasts... Well as you know, you cant listen to them in a row. you need to manually select the podcast and play it, fine for lengthy talk type podcasts, sh!te for songs.
      Is there anyway to do it in itunes 8? I'm willing to go to great lengths to pull this off. (copy to another machine...ect)
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (⦿ ⩊ ⦿) ☕︎ Coffee time!!
      (◉ ⩊ ◉) ☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎Lots of Coffee time!!!!!!!...

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit ABA, MK4 JTi 1.8T, T4 Eurovan V6, MK6 Golf TDI (Owned MK1 Caddy, MK2 Jetta & B5.5 Passat)
      09-18-2008 01:16 PM #382
      Quote, originally posted by JDMpire &raquo;
      I asked before with no help. I really want to do this:
      How do I convert a podcast into a regular mp3?
      Reason is I listen to MUSIC podcasts, normal 3-4 min songs, that are podcasts... Well as you know, you cant listen to them in a row. you need to manually select the podcast and play it, fine for lengthy talk type podcasts, sh!te for songs.
      Is there anyway to do it in itunes 8? I'm willing to go to great lengths to pull this off. (copy to another machine...ect)

I did a search on Google (convert a podcast to mp3) and found this.
      http://www.ehow.com/how_200691....html
      I hope this helps. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Bernie M Chacon III

For sale/want to trade parts?Follow Me on FacebookOktoberfest Event & #OccupyBigBear - October 3-5 ‖ #ProjektMK6 ‖ #ProjektT4 ‖ #ProjektMK1

Vehicles
      09-18-2008 01:18 PM #383
      Speaking of converting. Have you guys every hear of "PlaysForSure"?
      I just bought the new SpeedRacer DVD and they offer a free digital copy of the DVD. I was wondering how I can add the copy to my iPod? I doubt I would watch it on my computer, but I think it would be awesome to have it on the iPod for when I get bored.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      09-18-2008 08:29 PM #384
      Apparently the 4G nano's were only supposed to come in 4 and 8GB. Really? I mean this day in and age all the video, 4 seems like a waste. Haha remember the first iPhone 4 and 8GB.
      http://www.appleinsider.com/ar....html
      Also looks like they ended up in Europe
      http://www.appleinsider.com/ar....html

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      09-19-2008 06:30 AM #385
      Quote, originally posted by dub-Nation &raquo;
      Speaking of converting. Have you guys every hear of "PlaysForSure"?
      I just bought the new SpeedRacer DVD and they offer a free digital copy of the DVD. I was wondering how I can add the copy to my iPod? I doubt I would watch it on my computer, but I think it would be awesome to have it on the iPod for when I get bored.

Sorry for the late reply:
      PlayForSure content doesn't work with iPods. I'm actually not sure if there is a way to convert it to iTunes because of the DRM on those discs. PFS content, I believe, only plays on Windows Media video players that have the PFS logo on them.
      Does the disc only contain a PFS video? I bought Rambo on bluray and it came with a second disc. When the disc is inserted into the computer, it asks for a serial number. After that number is entered, it unlocks the videos and allows me to download one of two versions. There is a PFS video, and also an .mp4 video that works flawlessly in iTunes. Rambo actually looks awesome on my iPod touch, and sounds insane for a portable movie. The only downside is that the movie takes up about 1.2gb...kind of a lot of a 2 hour movie. I've encoded a bunch of 2 hour movies for my iPod that weigh in about 500-600mb that look just as good on my iPod.
      Hope this helps [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris
      09-19-2008 06:52 AM #386
      Quote, originally posted by Chacolla &raquo;
      Yup. You still don't know how pissed I am that if I can't use my old headphone adapter->composite video cables because apple locked out the feature so that only THEIR cables, which are [SIZE=+2]50 dollars[/SIZE] will work. We have a tv in our breakroom with rabbit ears at work. Come Feb, it ain't gonna work anymore. I'd love to be able to watch an episode of the office or something on my break...but 50 bucks?! Are they insane? I already spent $300 on the damned iPod touch which is insane as it is...then, Apple loves to make all their devices extremely easy to scratch so I had to get the good screen protector for 30 dollars. Also, Apple is gay and doesn't include the POWER ADAPTER with any of their products anymore. Seriously, what the hell is up with that. Do they think that everyone can just magically leave their iPod at their computer for 4 hours while it charges? Or people who travel often will have a laptop that they can drain so they can charge the iPod? I realize that their a business and cutting costs is a great way to help them out...but they've cut so many corners.
      When I first bought my 20gb iPod (HP), I believe it was the 4th gen...it came with the power adapter, one cable for firewire, one for USB, a screen wipe and everything. The universal dock cost me 19 dollars...now they are 49...............

Modified by Chacolla at 9:57 AM 9-15-2008

Welcome to the "walled garden" that is apple computer
      sorry: Apple Inc.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (⦿ ⩊ ⦿) ☕︎ Coffee time!!
      (◉ ⩊ ◉) ☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎☕︎Lots of Coffee time!!!!!!!...

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      09-23-2008 02:18 PM #387
      I ordered my 16GB nano the other day. Fed Ex tracking says its shipping directly from China? Weird.

13. 09-25-2008 10:46 PM #388
      I jailbroke my iPod touch and my brother uninstalled the installer that installs all my apps!!! My installer will no longer allow me to install any apps... How do I fix this??? I have already restored my ipod to factory condition by using iTunes and it didn't help... I think he uninstalled something from the iPod system itself... Please help me fix this because i do not know enough about my iPod to do this on my own... Please HELP!!!!!!

Vehicles
      15 Wrangler Unlimited
      09-26-2008 08:50 AM #389
      your brother probably updated the ipod. and you restored it to the latest update.
      so my guess is you'll have to downgrade the firmware and rejailbreak it.
      google how to downgrade firmware and the jailbreak process.
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      Somebody please buy Bieber a Carrera GT. Please.

15. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      10-04-2008 09:32 PM #390
      Just done some extensive testing at the Apple store for over an hour comparing the new iPods.
      I have a 3G iPhone 16GB, 5.5G iPod 80GB, and 3rd Gen Nano 8GB.
      Here's my ranking from best to worse, sound quality.
      - iPod Classic
      - iPod Touch/iPhone 3G
      - IPod Nano 4G
      - iPhone 1st Gen
      I compared the same tracks over and over using my Ultimate Ears Fi3 Earphones, EQ set to Electronics/Deep/Jazz to compare various signal ranges.
      The new iPod Classic beats the other iPods in audio quality hands down. The reproduction quality is near flawless.
      The new Touch/iPhone 3G has a bit of hallowness, it's hard to spot but with Alicia Key's "Fallin" the background percussion sounded more hallow and less natural than the Classic.
      I was a bit amazed by the new Nano, it was nearly spot on with the Touch/iPhone but I noticed that it wasn't as loud as the Touch and listening to live recordings suffered a bit. The new shake and shuffle feature is pretty cool.
      The new Classic really surprised me, the navigation/touch sensitivity is much better than my 5.5G iPod and it is perfect for people on the go like me. Unfortunately I already have the iPhone 3G :-( I really liked how the Classic feels and controls.
      The screen is really nice and clear, the semi Cover-Flow look is a nice touch and it didn't feel as jerky or stutter as bad as the previous gen iPod Classic.
      The new Touch was as expected, amazingly thin and very high quality looking with the metal back. I am so envious of how thin it is next to the 3G and didn't feature any Fisher Price plastic.
      These are my personal experience.. you can't really go wrong with any of the new iPods. The Nano is the most improved player from last gen, the new shape is perfect compared to the fatty nanos.

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      10-04-2008 11:54 PM #391
      Quote, originally posted by Vision33r &raquo;
      These are my personal experience.. you can't really go wrong with any of the new iPods. The Nano is the most improved player from last gen, the new shape is perfect compared to the fatty nanos.

I got a 16gb orange (copper) nano to replace my old 5G video. I love it. I am very happy with it.

17. 10-09-2008 08:52 PM #392
      I have an older nano and wanted to know if this Nike+ running thing will work with it? It is the ipod 3versions ago. It said nano but are there any requirements for it ?
      thanks

Modified by -TT- at 6:57 PM 10-9-2008
      2001 TT 225q | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Flik Justice 18" | 3" Downpipe | 19mm rsb | BlackForest Dogbone mounts | Turbo Inlet Pipe | Boost Gauge | Cone Air Intake | Dahlback DV |

10-09-2008 10:30 PM #393
      If it's a nano, it'll work.

19. 10-10-2008 07:52 AM #394

I Love Apple ipods, because they are the best. I don' t know what I can do without
      ipod. It goes everywhere where I go. Rencently I found 10 cool iPod video tools, I want to share them with you now.
      Top. 1 | Cucusoft iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Suite
      I think this all-in-one iPod video Conversion solution is best, because I can convert both DVD media and video file media
      to iPod video/iP and it' s speed is far faster than others.
      Top 10 Most Popular iPod Video Tools | Posted 10/8/2008
      UI skin: 8 | Speed: 8. 5 | Easy to Use: 8. 5
      User Rating: 8 | Popularity: 8 | Feature: 8. 5
      Download Now

Top. 2 | Avex DVD to iPod Video Suite
      This One-click, All-in-One solution is my favourite, because this software features superb video/audio quality, the
      fastest conversion speed (Up to 3x faster). And it' s easy to use! A great software for iPod users.
      UI skin: 7. 5 | Speed: 8 | Easy to Use: 8
      User Rating: 7. 5 | Popularity: 7. 5 | Feature: 8
      Download Now

Top. 3 | Aimersoft iPod Converter Suite
      I love this all-in-one easy-to-use iPod MP4 video conversion tool, because it can help me rip DVD and also perfectly
      convert almost all popular video and audio formats such as AVI, Divx, FLV, DAT, XviD, WMV, MPEG, MPG, RM, RMVB, MOV, ASF,
      FLV, etc. to iPod MP4 (MPEG-4) H.264.
      UI skin: 7 | Speed: 7. 5 | Easy to Use: 7. 5
      User Rating: 7 | Popularity: 7 | Feature: 7. 5
      Download Now

Top. 4 | Cucusoft iPhone / iTouch / iPod to Computer Transfer
      I am fond of this application because it is an easy to use iPod / iPhone utility designed to help me backup all my files
      from my iPod / iPhone / iTouch.
      UI skin: 6. 5 | Speed: 7 | Easy to Use: 7
      User Rating: 6. 5 | Popularity: 6. 5 | Feature: 7
      Download Now

Top. 5 | Wondershare iPod Video Suite
      I am keen on this useful and powerful all-in-one iPod video conversion solution, because I can convert both DVD media and
      video file media to iPod video/iPod movie.
      UI skin: 6 | Speed: 6. 5 | Easy to Use: 6. 5
      User Rating: 6 | Popularity: 6 | Feature: 6. 5
      Download Now

Top. 6 | dvdXsoft DVD to iPod Converter
      I fancy for this software because it features the highest DVD converting speed, the best output video quality, and fully
      tested on hundreds of different DVD-ROMs and DVD Movie discs that makes it qualified for strict compatibility standards. It
      enables me to different video options including MP4 video codec Xvid and H264, a rich list of different resolutions, video
      bitrates, video frame rates, audio bitrates, audio frequency, etc.
      UI skin: 6 | Speed: 6 | Easy to Use: 6
      User Rating: 6 | Popularity: 6. | Feature: 6
      Download Now

Top. 7 | Tansee iPod Transfer
      I care for this ultimate application because I can transfer song from iPod to computer easily.
      UI skin: 5. 5 | Speed: 6 | Easy to Use: 6
      User Rating: 5. 5 | Popularity: 6 | Feature: 6
      Download Now

Top. 8 | PQ DVD to iPod Video Suite
      I like this One-Click, All-In-One solution because it' s super fast (up to 400% faster than other solutions) DVD
      conversion speed.
      UI skin: 5. 5 | Speed: 6 | Easy to Use: 6
      User Rating: 5. 5 | Popularity: 5. 5 | Feature: 6
      Download Now

Top. 9 | Movkit iPod Video Converter
      I prefer this helpful converter because it supports almost all video formats, including AVI,MPEG,ASF/WMV,RMVB,RM and DivX.
      With it,you can easily convert AVI to MP4 / M4V / MOV, ASF / WMV to MP4 / M4V / MOV, AVI / MPEG / ASF / WMV / VOB / MOV /
      DIVX / XVID / RMVB / RM to MP4.
      UI skin: 5. 5 | Speed: 5. 5 | Easy to Use: 6
      User Rating: 5. 5 | Popularity: 5. 5 | Feature: 6
      Download Now

Top. 10 | Aniosoft iPod to Computer
      I go for this software because I can easily backup my songs, videos from my iPod back to my PC. It is so easy to use. It
      offers very fast searching and a browse mode which makes finding songs/videos on the iPod.
      UI skin: 5 | Speed: 5. 5 | Easy to Use: 5. 5
      User Rating: 5 | Popularity: 5 | Feature: 5. 5
      Download Now
      source :http://articles.allmyhealth.ne....html

20. 10-12-2008 11:04 PM #395

21. 10-22-2008 09:10 AM #396
      i have a 4g first gen nano that only turns on if you lock it, then unlock. then 95% of the time none of the buttons or scrolling features work.
      i've tried the reset holding down menu and the center button and this doesn't fix it. am i out of luck?

22. 10-22-2008 12:32 PM #397
      I had a smiliar problem with mine. I reset the nano through itunes which causes the nano to erase all music stored so you would have to upload again.

10-22-2008 12:36 PM #398
      Sounds like the clickwheel is failing. You could try replacing it: http://www.rapidrepair.com/sho....html (via ipodmods.com)
      But try the software route first. It's cheaper and easier.
      1991 VW Jetta Carat Calypso then 2001 VW Wolfsburg Galactic Blue then 2013 VW GLI Autobahn Tornado Red

24. 10-22-2008 12:47 PM #399
      Quote, originally posted by monster20v &raquo;
      I had a smiliar problem with mine. I reset the nano through itunes which causes the nano to erase all music stored so you would have to upload again.

cool thanks... i'll check it out.

25. 10-24-2008 04:24 PM #400
      tried it and it didnt work... Also he did it ON MY IPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i use a different way to jailbreak my ipod will it work???

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast