Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official iPod FAQ and general questions thread - PLEASE KEEP GENERAL IPOD CHIT-CHAT IN THIS THREAD ***

1. 04-05-2007 11:39 AM #71
      yeah why?

2. 04-05-2007 11:40 AM #72
      well... when i did that no. but my ipod broke and i got a new one (warranty) so i just uploaded a vid on it. why whatup? it wasnt through itunes... i converted one.

Vehicles
      Mk2, Mk3, Mk4
      05-12-2007 03:49 PM #73
      So of course, as soon as I think I can clean up my hard drive on my laptop because all my songs are on the ipod... my 20G ipod breaks. I sent it to ipodmods to see what was up with it. They say I need a new main board and the cost is $100, and there is about a 70% chance that I will lose all the files on it. This is my third broken Ipod, and I don't want to buy another one... but more impotantly, I don't want to lose all my music.

So I guess I'm asking, is $100 reasonable for a new main board, or should I try elsewhere. Has anyone had to do this, and still been able to save all their files on the unit??

Thanks in advance for any input!

4. 05-16-2007 10:33 PM #74
      Can someone PLEASE instruct me on how to rip my encrypted DVD's to my 30gb video Ipod!?

5. 05-17-2007 01:52 AM #75
      So Im having a problem I never had before. I import a cd on itunes, so I can then put it on my ipod. Cept once its imported on itunes, the songs are out of order.

So I just made a new folder, and put the songs from the cd I just imported there, and put them in order. But soon as I transfer that to the ipod, they are out of order on the ipod just like when I imported the cd on itunes it finished out of order.

How do I fix this? Help!? Its very frustrating.

6. 06-04-2007 12:53 AM #76
      Quote, originally posted by vw valance »
      Can someone PLEASE instruct me on how to rip my encrypted DVD's to my 30gb video Ipod!?

you gotta convert the files to mpeg4. thats the only format the ipod takes.

Vehicles
      ArrestMeRed APR 2+ 12 .:R
      06-05-2007 11:30 AM #77
      Alright. Let me be first state 2 main things. First, i am a total newbie to iPods, secondly, let me appologize for how much of a newbie i am and if this topic has already been coverded in detail, which im sure it has. but i am VERY much limitited on time. I am deploying for iraq in 48 hours, and im trying to do about 15 things at once. so please, if you could lend me your help, it would be greatly appreciated.

my problem is 3 parts. but here is the back round. im going to iraq, all ready stated. i have a lot of music and dvds i would like to bring with me for my down time. cool. so i just bought an 80G ipod video. sweet. but i have thus far had 3 main problems with my ipod.

first off, when itunes took all my music out of my media player on my computer, it didnt take all of them. it left at least 20 songs that are just individual songs that i downloaded. hmm. cant figure out how to get them from there to itunes to my ipod. thats one.

2 is i have several videos on my computer that i have made myself, with my digital camra. things like me driving, medical videos, etc, etc, just simple videos. now these were taking from my videos on my computer and moved into itunes when i loaded it up, but itunes is telling me that they arnt in the right format for my ipod, though they are in quicktime format, and they play fine in itunes. WTF???

lastly, how do i go about taking my probably 30 or more DVDs from there pretty little DVD-ness and actually rip them onto my computer to itunes to my ipod. i got PodMaxx07 to do this, but its not doing it. at all. i have a lot of DVDs that i want to have on there that i dont want to bring to iraq. sooooo yea. i tried addign them to my computer and everything, but nothing, and i mean nothing worked. are there some simple programs i can download to do this. podmaxx is throwing some error when it tries to do it, i am trying to down load an update for podmaxx at this time to see if that works. dunno though.

im so clueless here guys. i have a couple computer savy people here, but they arnt much help because they dont know ipods. im sorry for such a long horrible drawn out post. and you dont even have to get back to me here. honestly it would be better if you emailed me directly at Cas420821-AT-yahoo.com or you can IM me on AIM at Sonicbullit21. im going to be in and out of my room most of the day packing various things and running to the PX as i need too. but please, if you have anything that could help me, i would SO appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

Ajay

Vehicles
      ArrestMeRed APR 2+ 12 .:R
      06-05-2007 05:05 PM #78
      ....and even showing up in my iTunes then why the hell won't it "work" on my brand friggen new 80G iPod that i bought yesterday??? i cannot for the life of me figure this out.

i have tried using Videroa AND Podmaxx07 to convert my movies that I recorded myself with MY digital camra then loaded to MY computer into the iPod format, but nothing is working. All of them show up on iTunes, but when they go to load up, itunes tells me that the format that they are played in is not supported by my iPod. So nice of apple to be so specific. what the hell do i need to do. I thought they were already in Mpeg4 format, yet they still wont work and they dont want to be converted. Podmaxx just isnt working and Videroa is telling me something about my video cannoot format due to bitrate, framerate or resolution settings. WTF?

guys i hate to be a pain in the ass here, but im leaving to go to Iraq in less than 18 hours, i would like to get this figured out so i can load my DVDs and videos onto my iPod on the way over there and just know how to do it. Can someone who knows this stuff please contact me and help me out. it would be SO greatly appreciated. thanks

9. 06-10-2007 01:46 AM #79
      I hope he figured this out before he left.

If anyone else has this problem, this forum usually has the answers.

http://www.ilounge.com/

Vehicles
      '13 Camry Hybrid, '11 Routan, , 2004 Triumph Sprint ST
      06-10-2007 10:02 AM #80
      Go to Movies under Library. Right click the movie that's not transferring and choose, "Convert Selection for iPod". Not sure why it won't transfer as I had the exact same problem...

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      06-14-2007 12:21 PM #81
      I'm talking beyond bad battery repair. Mine smoked its mainboard. I want a new one to replace it with, however I'm strapped for cash at the moment, plus I don't care about the condition (mine is scratched to hell), and the hard drive has a LOT of music on it that I don't have backed up anywhere.

I've worked on ipods in the past, is there anything I should know about the current (well 5, not 5.5) gen mainboards before I get one online?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

06-14-2007 07:34 PM #82
      Quote, originally posted by Domokun »
      I'm talking beyond bad battery repair. Mine smoked its mainboard. I want a new one to replace it with, however I'm strapped for cash at the moment, plus I don't care about the condition (mine is scratched to hell), and the hard drive has a LOT of music on it that I don't have backed up anywhere.

I've worked on ipods in the past, is there anything I should know about the current (well 5, not 5.5) gen mainboards before I get one online?

Just make sure you get the mainboard from the same GB model as you did before. I know that it's possible to get a different one and get it to work on the earlier models, but the newer (gen 5+) are more tricky or impossible to do from what i've heard.

06-20-2007 09:24 PM #83
      ipod said curpted on itunes & is stuck on do not dissconcet screen.... did my ipod just sh*t the bed?

06-21-2007 02:08 PM #84
      Quote, originally posted by deathb4dishonor »
      ipod said curpted on itunes & is stuck on do not dissconcet screen.... did my ipod just sh*t the bed?

Restore it and then try reloading your music onto it.

Look online for methods of resetting it if it is locked up.

Vehicles
      '02 Cooper S
      06-21-2007 03:51 PM #85
      I just got the corrupt ipod notice too. My pod was getting stiction (drive reader arm sticking...therefore songs skipping and pod freezing)really bad for about 6 months. Then just the other day I plugged it in to update and I got the corrupt notice...so warily I restored it and plugged it back in...got the same notice. Now I'm stuck with an empty ipod that won't update I've tried everything I could find and nothing worked...lame!
      Don't like something? Report it. We can't be everywhere at all times.

06-21-2007 04:52 PM #86
      Quote, originally posted by Basscase »
      I just got the corrupt ipod notice too. My pod was getting stiction (drive reader arm sticking...therefore songs skipping and pod freezing)really bad for about 6 months. Then just the other day I plugged it in to update and I got the corrupt notice...so warily I restored it and plugged it back in...got the same notice. Now I'm stuck with an empty ipod that won't update I've tried everything I could find and nothing worked...lame!
      i woke up this morning & the i pod bat drained it self.. i pluged it into the computer & it works fine & all my songs&movies are there

17. 06-22-2007 12:24 PM #87
      Hey i have had my mini for about 2 years now and it doesnt seem to hlod a charge at all now... im guessing my battery is done, question is can i get a replacement battery for it or do i have 2 buy a new one?

06-22-2007 04:50 PM #88
      http://www.ipodbatterydepot.com

Never used them, but it's what came up on Google.

19. 06-22-2007 09:00 PM #89
      hmm seems complicated

Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      06-24-2007 02:20 PM #90
      Replacing my mainboard in my 5.5gen ipod. Will the hard drive need to be reformatted once I put the unit together?
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

06-27-2007 11:40 AM #91
      Quote, originally posted by Domokun »
      Replacing my mainboard in my 5.5gen ipod. Will the hard drive need to be reformatted once I put the unit together?

It shouldn't but it's hard to say. At the very least you'll probably have to do a restore, but you might get lucky. It's hit or miss.

22. 07-31-2007 04:14 PM #92
      I'm trying to put songs onto my dads ipod and it won't let me sync more than 54 songs in total onto the ipod.

His computer is a new dell duel core running vista. The itunes is the latest version and this is a 5.5 video ipod, 30 gig.

Any idea what's up? I can't manually import them either. I have a mac and when I drag 120 songs into my ipod, 120 songs go into my ipod. If I drag 120 songs onto his on his pc, 54 go onto his ipod.

they are all acc format songs. I'm lost. I tried resetting the ipod to the factory settings and it didn't help.

Vehicles
      '73 Schwinn Continental
      07-31-2007 04:26 PM #93
      The only thing I can think of is if they are copy protected tracks that have exceded the 5 computer/ipod limit...

24. 07-31-2007 04:29 PM #94
      nope. But I got them onto the ipod. They would only load by making a playlist on itunes and automatically syncing the playlist. I can't get more than 54 songs onto the "music" part of the ipod.

Vehicles
      Corrado, 964, TDi
      08-01-2007 12:11 PM #95
      Check your 55th song, there may be an error on it?
      Mercedes-Benz. The Cadillac of automobiles.
      djk

26. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-01-2007 02:15 PM #96
      Get Winamp and the Ipod PC plugin for Winamp.

iTunes on the PC is pretty buggy at times, even I had my own issues that requires reinstalling multiple times to fix it.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI
      08-03-2007 10:42 AM #97
      Uhh..this is *WIERD*

Long ago, I bought Ben Harpers "Picture in a Frame" from "Both Sides of the Gun". I went back through the iTunes story account history and verified it was one of the two I bought off of that album.

Fast forward to today. I go to play the song on my iPod (it says "Picture in a Frame"), and it's not even remotely the same song. I click on the arrow link, which takes me to the iTunes store, and I'm taken to "Engraved Invitation" from the same album!

Double checked again, and I never bought Engraved Invitation! I know this, not only because it's not in my account history, but because I had never heard it before!

I'd be happy for the free music, but I lost a good song

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      08-14-2007 10:20 AM #98
      My iPod is formatted for Macintosh. I lost the use of the Mac that had all my playlists on it. Is there PC software I can obtain that will let me upload the contents of my iPod to a WinDoze machine so I can reformat the iPod drive to WinDoze format and then push everything back down?

29. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV DBP R32
      09-11-2007 01:04 AM #100
      anybody use those programs that let you take songs off your ipod and put them on your computer?

anyone recommend a good one? preferably a free one

30. 09-14-2007 10:47 AM #101
      I know that i can hook my iPod into any home theater and play it that way. I'm open to that solution but I'm trying to get some thing on a budget.

Looking at spend in the 300$ range.

Needs:
      Wireless Speakers
      High Quality Sound (Duhh! )

There are just quite a few out there that play the iPod but I can't find to many wireless ones. So I'm looking to see what you guys have and use to rock that iPod in and around the house. ..

I know it can be hooked up at any home stereo, so please don't suggest home stereo equipment.

I Would be willing to hook it up to wireless computer stereo system too. .

. .. Paul

Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI, 2004 Honda S2000
      09-16-2007 02:48 PM #102
      Here is the issue:
      I have an iBook G4, and an iPod I got in the Summer of 2004. 20 GB iPod, click wheel, no color screen. I think it might be 4th or 5th generation.

This is what happens.

The battery was completely dead, so I hooked it up via usb to charge + update. Now when i plug it in, the battery charge icon pops up, and stays frozen. Can't reset it or anything. After a few minutes, my iPod makes these beeping noises, it is finally detected by my computer, starts to update, says DO not disconnect, but then my iPod somehow disconnects itself and I get the warning saying I disconnected the device improperly when in fact I never touched it.

What is going on?

09-24-2007 04:25 PM #103
      Is screen burn in an issue with the ipod?

I recently got a new 3rd gen Nano. When I plug it into my car's ipod adapter, the screen stays lit With my old first gen Nano, the screen dims itself after a few seconds.

Vehicles
      09-24-2007 09:19 PM #104
      I got my new classic today, I put in int my dock from my 5th gen. It works as far as computer connectivity goes (USB) & the line out works as well, but I'm wondering if the S-video output still works.

iLounge

^^ Thats the ilounge review of the new classic, specifically the part talking about accessories. It said you need to buy a new adapter to output video to your tv. It doesn't mention if its thru the headphone jack (which works in the 5th gen) or thru the dock connector.

Also, can you buy those little adapter pieces that fit in the dock so your ipod stays steady. My classic it thinner then the older one, and there is some play in the connector.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

Vehicles
      2007 Stark Industries Runabout 1500
      09-27-2007 01:53 PM #105
      Quote, originally posted by deathb4dishonor »
      i woke up this morning & the i pod bat drained it self.. i pluged it into the computer & it works fine & all my songs&movies are there

Well, yeah. They are stored on flash memory or on a hard drive, not in volatile RAM.

Nowdays us made cars what you're proud of

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast