Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Negotiate Discounted Lease Buyout at VW Credit? Before end of lease?

1. 02-04-2006 01:58 AM #1
      Anyone have experience getting Volkswagen Credit (Audi/Porsche Financial) to accept a write-down buy-out BEFORE end of lease term?

I hear of a Phaeton lease that has crazy residual high value (and 11 to 24 months to go) such that it would be a stupid lease trade ... but if VW-credit wanted to cash-out it would be the car for me....

Thanks for the help and insights.

D

2. 02-04-2006 07:18 PM #2
      I worked for FMCC and BMWFS and have negotiated a couple of buyouts in the past.

The lease company has fairly little incentive to cut your payoff prior to the end of the lease. They are certain to either receive another 11 (to 24? huh?) payments from you, at which point the car could perhaps "bounce back" residual-wise.

The only negotiating tack I can think of would be to call them up and negotiate your future payout. Then, once they've agreed to that, add eleven (or however many) payments to your payoff and suggest that you pay them that much now.

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8T
      02-05-2006 11:17 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by dthomas »
      Anyone have experience getting Volkswagen Credit ..
      D

I tried to negotiate at the end of my three year lease and VW Credit wouldn't budge an inch on the price or terms.

4. 02-06-2006 09:25 PM #4
      They are just as short sighted as VW.

Vehicles
      2004 W12
      02-06-2006 10:53 PM #5
      Quote, originally posted by dthomas »
      Anyone have experience getting Volkswagen Credit (Audi/Porsche Financial) to accept a write-down buy-out BEFORE end of lease term?

I have never attempted to do this prior to the end of a lease, although I have heard from others that VW Credit will sometimes work with clients to let them out of a lease early if the the client is purchasing or leasing another (new) VW.

In Canada, I believe that the VW dealers are given the opportunity to purchase vehicles coming back at the scheduled end of the lease from VW Credit for fair market value, regardless of whether that is higher or lower than book value at the end of the lease. I think the idea here is that dealers can then buy high quality cars that they know and have cared for themselves through the term of the lease to stock their used car inventory.

Beyond that - there's not much I can add.

Michael