Alrigth guys, I ordered the cup holder from Dan at Hillside imports and installed it today. Dan posted some removal instructions here the other day for the center console. I used those instructions and there were a few other things that had to be disassembled. So here are some pictures and some info for you guys. I hope you enjoy. By the way I started the install at 3:00pm Pacific and finished about 5:45pm. So it does take awhile, but then again I have never removed the center console before. Also it started to get dark out so the finished pictures are kind of dark. This cup holder is way better, it is worth the time and money. The instructions said to remove the seats, but I was not about to remove the seats too, I just worked around them.
As posted below, this is from memory
The photos are in the order I took the car apart in. But here it goes.
1) Remove footwell bolts and black trim pieces
2) Unscrew (2) hex bolts that are behind the black trim pieces right below the cup holder on either side
3) Move seat forward and up then remove (2) hex screws behind plastic covers
4) Remove rear ash tray and pry a screw driver in between the black and grey plastic piece and pull up to remove large black vent piece
5) Unscrew the two nuts below the rear vents once black piece is removed
6) Adjust seats back to normal position
7) Take a screwdriver and pry the plastic trim piece around the radio off
8) Once trim piece is free then remove plastic trim piece around vent controls
9) Unscrew the (9+) hex screws from vent controls
10) Remove vent controls and unclip the wiring harnesses behind the controls
11) Remove front ash/coin tray
12) Unscrew (2) hex screws underneath ash tray (Leave in place)
13) Pry plastic chrome piece around the shifter
14) Pry/Pull up on the trim piece with ESP, Auto Hold and remove
15) Unplug the (3) wiring harnesses below the trim pieces
16) Once the trim piece surrounding the shifter is removed then you can remove ash tray
17) Reach behing vent controls and unplug spring mechanism
18) Once center console if free, lift up and them remove the (4) hex screws holding the rear storage bin
19) Once storage bin is removed, then remove air tubs under center console (there are (2) hex screws toward the front of the center console
20) Unscrew the (6) hex screws holding the U.S. cup holder in place
21) Place the new cup holder in place and replace all the screws
This is a step by step of what I remember. I hope this can help you guys.
Remove (2) hex 30 bolts behind plastic caps in rear seats
Remove ash tray and pry/pull up on rear black vents. Then unscrew 10mm nutst
Remove footwell hex screws on either side
Remove hex screws on either side underneath black trim piece
Pry Radio piece off and remove vent control trim piece. Unscrew (10) hex 15 screws around vent controls
Pull out vent controls
Unplug wiring harnesses behind vent controls. Remove Plastic trim ring around shiffter. Then remove ash tray.
Lift center console and remove storage box. (4) hex screws holding box in from underneath.
Remove air vent from undearneath center console
Remove vent and unscrew (6) hex screws holding in U.S. cup holder
The other (2 of 6) hex screws holding in cup holder
The Finished Product
Modified by B6 Boost at 9:21 PM 2-6-2006
Modified by B6 Boost at 9:13 AM 2-7-2006