VWVortex

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Mkippen schimmel vr6 turbo gt35R custom bliss

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-19-2006 02:53 PM #141
      Quote, originally posted by vr6freak »

mikes too lazy. lets stone him!

i hate you andy.... Rob was busy monday and yesterday, i will try make it over tonight for some photos.
      still hanging on for 034, standalone should be sent out by friday

2. Banned
      04-19-2006 02:59 PM #142
      don't forget rad setup pics(if it's done)....extremely interested in seeing that

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-19-2006 03:01 PM #143
      Quote, originally posted by Negrodamus »
      don't forget rad setup pics(if it's done)....extremely interested in seeing that

most definitely, i appologize its been so long since an update.

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-20-2006 02:12 AM #144
      so, i'm sorry, but the radiator IS done, but it was not mounted, so i dont have photos for you, but i do have a good update for you guys.

the intercooler is 85% done, it just needs a couple more things, and final welding... Rob is also going to finish up the pie cuts on the intake manifold and do the final welding on that this week, it should look awesome.

i'll let the photos do the rest of the talking!

the right side of the car (drivers side) piping will be coming down a little bit for lower look, and the throttle body should be done this next week... i am going to be getting the hotside and the exhaust mani jet coated, and also the valve cover and a few other parts powdercoated white in a few weeks... but thats the latest!!

Modified by theflygtiguy at 11:36 PM 4-19-2006

Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      04-20-2006 07:02 PM #145
      I just want a ride in it, thats all i ask.........
      -=MyMK3=-

IG: @Kellen_

6. 04-20-2006 07:09 PM #146
      can't wait for this thing to be running....

Vehicles
      98 Jetta VRT, 05 CBR 600RR
      04-20-2006 07:29 PM #147
      Nice set up man

04-21-2006 04:51 PM #148
      looking good mike

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-21-2006 05:57 PM #149
      Quote, originally posted by keychain12 »
      looking good mike

Thanks Ryan!
      You will be missed this summer homey.
      I hope you were able to get that problem with your Jetta sorted out!

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-24-2006 12:26 PM #151
      Quote, originally posted by 98DUB »
      I just want a ride in it, thats all i ask.........

You Got it Kellen

We did the blow off valve placement last night.... i wanted to start a little dicussion about it. I spoke to a friend of mine who races vws, or at least used to, he mentioned that the BOV, should be as close th the TB as possible...

I also discussed this with Rob, and he said that there is a downside to doing it after the Intercooler, as your blowing off cold air... which i see as being a slight disadvantage too. We decided to do it on the Drivers side, right before the intercooler, this way we are blowing off hot air, and we still have a good amount of boost piping before the turbo. I will get some shots later this week, but i think it will look nice and should perform well... btw its a Tial 50mm

11. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '67 rolls royce, '67 mgb gt, '13 tdi, '14 glk350
      04-24-2006 01:45 PM #152
      i would have put it between the cooler and the throttle body. itll probably work fine where you guys have it, but the pressure wave wouldnt have as far to go with it before the cooler, and itll probably create some kind of weird waves having pressurized air going back through the intercooler to be released.

keep up the good work though, and bring that thing to bellingham when youre done

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-24-2006 01:54 PM #153
      Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
      i would have put it between the cooler and the throttle body. itll probably work fine where you guys have it, but the pressure wave wouldnt have as far to go with it before the cooler, and itll probably create some kind of weird waves having pressurized air going back through the intercooler to be released.

i have seen it done many ways, and we considered it, but from another perspective, i wanted to be able to see the BOV too... do you think that having it there would cause it to work any less? we can always move it in the future, but i'm just curious of the fact.

how is your car doing man?

13. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Vehicles
      04-24-2006 02:09 PM #154
      i think itll work fine where its at, but maybe not as well as it might have otherwise.
      as you said you can always move it, see what happens there.
      really all it has to do is keep pressure from getting back to the turbo, the only thing i was worried about is creating some sort of turbulence in the intercooler if you get back on the gas (say during a shift) but i think youd be able to quickly tell that something wasnt right, so if you have problems, you can always move it

actually just putting the suspension, front brakes and lights from joe's jetta onto the turbo this week. its doin good though, still scares me everytime i drive it haha so mission accomplished
      ill trade you for a ride when you get yours runnin

Modified by ValveCoverGasket at 11:10 AM 4-24-2006

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-24-2006 02:17 PM #155
      Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
      i think itll work fine where its at, but maybe not as well as it might have otherwise.
      as you said you can always move it, see what happens there.
      really all it has to do is keep pressure from getting back to the turbo, the only thing i was worried about is creating some sort of turbulence in the intercooler if you get back on the gas (say during a shift) but i think youd be able to quickly tell that something wasnt right, so if you have problems, you can always move it

actually just putting the suspension, front brakes and lights from joe's jetta onto the turbo this week. its doin good though, still scares me everytime i drive it haha so mission accomplished
      ill trade you for a ride when you get yours runnin

Modified by ValveCoverGasket at 11:10 AM 4-24-2006

right on, thanks for you opions man, its definitely interesting to hear your thoughts. You mean Justin's Jetta.... Joe just bought that MK1, i'm excited to see what he is going to be doing with that bad boy.
      I am going to try and have the car running well by waterwagens, so maybe join me for a ride then have fun bro, catch you later.

15. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Vehicles
      04-24-2006 02:20 PM #156
      haha yeah, justins jetta, its too early in the morning

im excited to see the rabbit as well...no one does a 4dr

definetly plan on getting the turbo down to waterwagens, so well have to meet up then

16. Banned
      04-24-2006 02:25 PM #157
      [img]
      Quote, originally posted by theflygtiguy »
      right on, thanks for you opions man, its definitely interesting to hear your thoughts. You mean Justin's Jetta.... Joe just bought that MK1, i'm excited to see what he is going to be doing with that bad boy.
      I am going to try and have the car running well by waterwagens, so maybe join me for a ride then have fun bro, catch you later.

Dude this looks great! But let me tell you right up front that having one long metal pipe like that is going to be a pain in the butt to work on. You might want to consider having silicone flex sections at the bends. Makes it so much easier to take things apart later. Are you putting yoru battery in the trunk? Get a Braille and you'll have no mounting problems.

I think I probably missed this earlier in the thread.. what are the specs on the throttle body? Is it R32 spec for flow or something like that?

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-24-2006 02:34 PM #158
      Quote, originally posted by phatvw »

Dude this looks great! But let me tell you right up front that having one long metal pipe like that is going to be a pain in the butt to work on. You might want to consider having silicone flex sections at the bends. Makes it so much easier to take things apart later. Are you putting yoru battery in the trunk? Get a Braille and you'll have no mounting problems.

I think I probably missed this earlier in the thread.. what are the specs on the throttle body? Is it R32 spec for flow or something like that?

thanks for checking in... the Battery is already in the trunk, and there will be no other wiring or any accessories in the engine bay other than what is needed. My roomate had the same piping desing on his turbo VR, and it worked and looked great! The pipe is not difficult to take out at all, and there is quite a lot of room between it and the headlight, so working on it shouldn't be too hard.

The throttle body is a BBK mustang 70mm throttle body, mainly purchsed for reason of using the TPS and throttle idle valve iwth 034efi can make life a lot easier... so that is why we decided to go with that one.

18. Banned
      04-24-2006 04:03 PM #159
      thanks for checking in... the Battery is already in the trunk, and there will be no other wiring or any accessories in the engine bay other than what is needed. My roomate had the same piping desing on his turbo VR, and it worked and looked great! The pipe is not difficult to take out at all, and there is quite a lot of room between it and the headlight, so working on it shouldn't be too hard.

The throttle body is a BBK mustang 70mm throttle body, mainly purchsed for reason of using the TPS and throttle idle valve iwth 034efi can make life a lot easier... so that is why we decided to go with that one.

Ok nice going. If you're not having any other accesories or the battery in there it will make it a LOT easier. My engine bay is sooooo cramped

Vehicles
      06 Sienna XLE Limited
      04-24-2006 04:10 PM #160
      Mike the BOV will be just fine where its at. That hot side pipe will be a snap to take in and out as well. Well done.

20. 04-24-2006 04:29 PM #161
      BOV should work fine where it is, should be as close to the tb as said be4 but really doesnt make a HUGE difference, keeps the flow in the pipes going one direction when that tb closes. Wont notice that much though.

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-24-2006 04:59 PM #162
      Quote, originally posted by EternalXresT »
      BOV should work fine where it is, should be as close to the tb as said be4 but really doesnt make a HUGE difference, keeps the flow in the pipes going one direction when that tb closes. Wont notice that much though.

Right on, thanks guys, i just wanted to be sure, thanks to you too Kelly!!
      I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks bro

22. 04-25-2006 02:23 AM #163
      lookin good kippen cant wait to go for a ride in it.

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-25-2006 01:50 PM #164
      Quote, originally posted by MKII16v »
      Mike the BOV will be just fine where its at. That hot side pipe will be a snap to take in and out as well. Well done.

I think this guy "MkII16v" - Mr Kelly Campbell has convinced me to do water injection while we are at it too, so it looks like were going to be adding a few extra parts to the intake and engine bay... and from the sounds of it, it seems like there is no downside to it at all, unless you consider running more boost a downside water is cheaper than c16 anyways

so, Mucho thanks to Kelly for his ideas through this, i think this will be a "cool" addition to the mix he is going to piece together his custom kit and it should be badarse.
      i look to getting another photo update later this week... the 60# injectors just got shipped out yesterday, so the important stuff is starting to come in
      Catch ya later.

Modified by theflygtiguy at 10:51 AM 4-25-2006

Vehicles
      More than a man should.
      04-25-2006 03:06 PM #165
      As long as i get to drive it.. everyone pay close attention to my sig....

Vehicles
      Purple. RWD. Boosted
      04-25-2006 03:13 PM #166
      I think this guy "MkII16v" - Mr Kelly Campbell has convinced me to do water injection while we are at it too, so it looks like were going to be adding a few extra parts to the intake and engine bay... and from the sounds of it, it seems like there is no downside to it at all, unless you consider running more boost a downside water is cheaper than c16 anyways

Modified by theflygtiguy at 10:51 AM 4-25-2006

haha. looks like he got you too!
      yep. i have a devils own kit on the way to my house because of this mr. kelly fellow as well
      were gonna do the install of s/c. take it for a rip, and then do the wi and check the dif's. to bad youll be in austria(notice my jealousy! )

Modified by vr6freak at 12:15 PM 4-25-2006
      PM me with your Garrett Turbo and TiAL needs
      www.wideopentuning.com

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-25-2006 03:39 PM #167

haha. looks like he got you too!
      yep. i have a devils own kit on the way to my house because of this mr. kelly fellow as well
      were gonna do the install of s/c. take it for a rip, and then do the wi and check the dif's. to bad youll be in austria(notice my jealousy! )

yeah, Kelly throws up quite the sales pitch
      I wish i could be here when he was doing the install on your car, but i will have to get a ride when i get back... i'm stoked to see what it does on your car though, evne the guys in Germany with the Renner cars are running WI, and they stand by it all the way... my friend Gordian in Germany told me it was originally invented by the british in world war 2 for their fighter planes, and it added almost 50% more hp to their plans than before.... so its not a new idea, but i guess we will see

Modified by theflygtiguy at 12:41 PM 4-25-2006

27. 04-25-2006 03:50 PM #168
      just make sure all your fail safes are working with that water alky setup. clogged injectors, crimped line, low level, pump failure. Anything like that go wrong while your rippin around, goodbye motor.

with the fail safes it will automotically cut down the boost ect ect

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-25-2006 03:58 PM #169
      Quote, originally posted by EternalXresT »
      just make sure all your fail safes are working with that water alky setup. clogged injectors, crimped line, low level, pump failure. Anything like that go wrong while your rippin around, goodbye motor.

with the fail safes it will automotically cut down the boost ect ect

Kelly is working on a good system for me, and i'm sure we will take every precautious measure to make sure nothing goes wrong when stuff goes wrong

29. 04-25-2006 09:57 PM #170
      Yeah im sure he wotn steer you wrong. Simple easy kits are offered through USRT. good kids been proven on alot of different kinds of cars. i'd get the stage II w/ the safeinjection upgrade with the variable controller upgrade.

http://www.usrallyteam.com/wainj.html

Modified by EternalXresT at 9:59 PM 4-25-2006

Vehicles
      Purple. RWD. Boosted
      04-28-2006 03:00 PM #171
      stand alone show up yet? damn kippen i cant be boostin before you!
      www.wideopentuning.com

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      04-28-2006 03:44 PM #172
      stand alone show up yet? damn kippen i cant be boostin before you!

The injectors showed up yesterday... i am still waiting on the 034, but we dont need it at the moment anyways.

Vehicles
      More than a man should.
      04-28-2006 05:56 PM #173
      slacker

Vehicles
      2010 CC
      05-04-2006 11:08 AM #174
      bump... update coming this weekend.

Vehicles
      Purple. RWD. Boosted
      05-08-2006 01:53 AM #175
      bump... update coming this weekend.

whats this update? its almost monday and i see no updates.
      im very dissapointed in you mr kippen.
      www.wideopentuning.com

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast