Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: code P1426

1. 04-16-2006 12:04 PM #1
      Ok so I just had a new turbo installed on my car at the shop because the car was still under waranty and as I was driving home I got the CEL. So I got it home and checked every thing out there was NO coolint in it so that made be a little mad but I put some in and it driver great! I went to auto zone got the codes pulled and it through (P1426 EGI mini - MAF out of range) now I did this prior to putting coolint in it, so maybe that was the problem? I need to take it and erase the codes and see if it happends again but do you guys know anything about that code? I would appreciate any help thanks!!

-mike

2. 04-16-2006 08:19 PM #2
      well I put coolint in and that didn't solve the problem... =(

3. 04-16-2006 09:01 PM #3
      This code p1426 has neither anything to do with coolant or the MAF sensor. My book says P1426 is "Tank Vent. Valve Open"

It's possible the purge valve connector is improperly connected. The purge valve is a little cylindrical device with a wiring connector and two hoses sitting on top of the air filter housing. Seeing as how they're working in thie vicinity for the turbo replacement, it's a good chance that something is disconnected with regards to the purge valve. Or, they broke it. Or they didn't properly connect one of the hoses.

In this picture, it's the device labeled "A"

To test the device, connect an ohmmeter to the terminals on the purge valve and measure the resistance. It should be 22.0 to 30.0 Ω. Outside of this range, and it's failed.

By the way, what coolant did you use? Did you use the proper pink G12 coolant, or just some random coolant? If you've mixed coolant types, you should get a flush asap. You cannot mix the OE coolant with the green stuff.

Modified by ctobio at 9:07 PM 4-16-2006

4. 04-16-2006 11:05 PM #4
      Thanks so much man it was totally disconected =/ Thanks agian!!

5. 04-16-2006 11:10 PM #5
      Another satisfied customer...