VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Volkswagen iPod Guide

331K views 371 replies 171 participants last post by  Christian@enfig 
#1 · (Edited)
#127 ·
Re: (nomorehonda)

Quote, originally posted by nomorehonda »
will there be a day i can use the cd player ever agan and have the i pod playing
thx

what you want to do is possible, however the add on cd player in the front of your car is a bit picky about which interfaces it will work with, what unit are you using?

#132 ·
Re: (reef150)

can anyone help me with this problem? I have installed a blitzsafe onto my double din headunit on my mk4 jetta. Heres the breakdown:
-The ipod integration works fine, so I am able to play music through the ipod.
-The in dash CD player works.
-However, the radio is totally disfunctional! Not one station works on the radio, and I have no clue why! All i hear is static, regardless of where i tune in.
-I installed the unit a couple of months ago, but this has been the first time since I have tried listening to the radio. The only thing I can think of is that my ground connection is screwing things up? I connected the ground wire to one of the many screws on the back of the head unit's aluminum/metal framing.

What could be wrong?

Modified by pat242 at 2:25 PM 8-18-2007

#133 ·
Re: (reef150)

Quote, originally posted by reef150 »
I've read through the thread, but may have missed the recommendation for my particular config....
`07 Passat Wolfsburg w/ in-dash changer & Sirius SAT, and (currently) the Aux input. What is the best iPod integration option- the Dice unit?
thks...

the dice I-VW-R would be a good solution
connecting the dice unit will disable the factory aux input, however the dice unit will have its own aux input you can use for all your non ipod needs
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

you'll also want to use the sat pass thru to keep your sat radio functional
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

#134 ·
Re: (pat242)

Quote, originally posted by pat242 »
can anyone help me with this problem? I have installed a blitzsafe onto my double din headunit on my mk4 jetta. Heres the breakdown:
-The ipod integration works fine, so I am able to play music through the ipod.
-The in dash CD player works.
-However, the radio is totally disfunctional! Not one station works on the radio, and I have no clue why! All i hear is static, regardless of where i tune in.
-I installed the unit a couple of months ago, but this has been the first time since I have tried listening to the radio. The only thing I can think of is that my ground connection is screwing things up? I connected the ground wire to one of the many screws on the back of the head unit's aluminum/metal framing.

What could be wrong?

Modified by pat242 at 2:25 PM 8-18-2007

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, my suggestion would be to connect the ground to the wire under the black rubber nub to the screw located there
however based on your description, I belive that you antenna has been disconnected in the reinstalation of your radio, pull your radio out, verify the antenna connection

#135 ·
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Christian@enfig)

I ordered a Blitzsafe VW/MLink1 V.3A from Enfig for my '06 Passat. I received it this week and attached it to the CD changer port in the glove compartment. My iPod works as expected, but there is a chiming whirr background noise. After reseating the cable and trying a different iPod, I discovered the the noise occurs even when the iPod is disconnected and also occurs regardless of whether the ignition is on or off. The tone does not seem to change with acceleration when the car is running. I recorded a sample of the noise. Link to the sample below:
http://www.ninjohn.com/whirr.mp3 .
Power line filter? Ground loop isolator? Young priest/old priest?
regards,
j.

#141 ·
Re: (John@enfig)

Just to let all you crazy up to date people with iPhones...
These kits do work to allow ipod control on the phone, and do not throw error messages on the phone.
I have a Kenwood deck in my 2001 GLX that throws a "not recognized accesory connected" code. These kits just use the audio, and allow all control as long as the kits don't make you have to play playlists like the factory kit.

#142 ·
Re: (kaputsport)

This is a great thread - thanks to all who have contributed here. I have been looking for this information for quite a while.
Though I have gone through this whole thread, just to be safe, I would like to ask my specific q. here :
I have a Passat 2006 with factory installed XM/in-dash 6 cd changer/CD player. I am not sure this has an 12-pin AUX connector in the glove compt as I haven't checked, but I believe it does.
I need to get my 1st-gen ipod (yeah...that ancient!) working with it.
What would you suggest as the cheapest way to connect it ? I probably wont get a device which allows control from the HU since this ipod only has a firewire port, but thats fine.
Also will it disable the XM radio and/or the CD-changer ?
Thanks !!

Modified by kujain at 8:32 PM 9-19-2007

#143 ·
Re: (kujain)

Went thru all 5-pages and couldn't find this combo:
'04 New Beetle convertible with Monsoon cassette HU
and armrest mounted OEM 6 disk CD changer.

I want to keep the changer and put the iPod in the glove box.
In case ur wondering, I'm keeping this HU because NO ONE IN THE WORLD WOULD WANT TO STEAL IT.

#144 ·
Re: (Billsbug)

Hi, I read through the entire thread but didn't see exactly what I wanted/needed mentioned. Here's the application I want:
I've got an iPod Touch on order. After 3.5 years with a 3G iPod and Griffin iTrip, i want a wired connection. I have a 1998 New Beetle with a CD changer in the trunk. Here's my needs:
-Price: Under $100 if at all possible
-would like to connect to CD changer connection in the trunk and run the wire up to the front passenger cupholder...Don't want to remove the radio! Don't want to drill any holes.
-Don't care about controlling anything from the radio..will keep all control on iPod Touch.
-Don't care about retaining CD changer (seeing as I could always plug it back in)
Essentially, I want to uplug the CD changer (but leave it mounted in case I want to plug it back in), plug in a cable and run the cable to the front, and go. No frills needed. Oh, and obviously it needs to work with the Touch, though I don't know why it wouldn't.
Thanks for your help...this thread has already gotten me started down the right path!

#145 ·

Quote, originally posted by Billsbug »

In case ur wondering, I'm keeping this HU because NO ONE IN THE WORLD WOULD WANT TO STEAL IT.

BUMPPPP!!!!

#146 ·
Re: (Cameron_Talley)

Quote, originally posted by Cameron_Talley »
Hi, I read through the entire thread but didn't see exactly what I wanted/needed mentioned. Here's the application I want:
I've got an iPod Touch on order. After 3.5 years with a 3G iPod and Griffin iTrip, i want a wired connection. I have a 1998 New Beetle with a CD changer in the trunk. Here's my needs:
-Price: Under $100 if at all possible
-would like to connect to CD changer connection in the trunk and run the wire up to the front passenger cupholder...Don't want to remove the radio! Don't want to drill any holes.
-Don't care about controlling anything from the radio..will keep all control on iPod Touch.
-Don't care about retaining CD changer (seeing as I could always plug it back in)
Essentially, I want to uplug the CD changer (but leave it mounted in case I want to plug it back in), plug in a cable and run the cable to the front, and go. No frills needed. Oh, and obviously it needs to work with the Touch, though I don't know why it wouldn't.
Thanks for your help...this thread has already gotten me started down the right path!

you'll need this:
Blitzsafe mlink
and
the extension cable to run the cable from the trunk up

#147 ·

Quote, originally posted by Billsbug »

you'll want to use this:
Dension Gateway 400

#148 ·
Re: (John@enfig)

im looking for some info. i've got an 07 rabbit with premium in dash 6 cd changer... i'm looking for an integration kit that will charge the ipod & still be able to control via the clickwheel & the HU. also, what happens to the in dash changer? will i loose operation of it or one of the "cds". my car is equipped with an aux in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.