Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen iPod Guide

1. 03-12-2007 07:57 PM #71
      ill check it out and edit the post with results, thanks for all the help!

ok so i poppped off the head unit finally, and well everything was plugged in, then in a stroke of genius i removed the cd player (since it has the changer button on it in the first place ), and much to my roaring ah hah the blue plug was unplugged.
      connected it and instantly i was listening to music off of the ipod (i had already sorted out my playlists)
      good stuff, now i can hide the cable thanks for the assistance!

why in the world would they not plug in that cable? its kinda short but still.

Modified by Tetzuoe at 1:29 AM 3-13-2007

2. 04-01-2007 12:01 PM #72
      I just joined the forums and this thread was very helpful but I've not found the right combination here yet

My wife just got her 07 GTI with the OEM in dash Nav Radio and an external CD Changer. What is the most functional iPod interface she can get that will allow her to keep the CD Changer and control the iPod thorugh the radio and steering wheel?

thanks

Mike

3. 04-04-2007 06:08 PM #73
      I have a 07 GTI with Navigation and Sirius. What iPod adapter do I need that will let me keep Sat Radio and let me control the iPod from the radio/steering wheel.

4. 04-05-2007 12:56 PM #74
      Quote, originally posted by mikos »
      I just joined the forums and this thread was very helpful but I've not found the right combination here yet

My wife just got her 07 GTI with the OEM in dash Nav Radio and an external CD Changer. What is the most functional iPod interface she can get that will allow her to keep the CD Changer and control the iPod thorugh the radio and steering wheel?

thanks

Mike

The Dension gateway 400 is the best solution to your requirements
      http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

however if she's looking for a bit more budget concious solution, she can use this:

and still keep the CD changer so long as she's okay with not having control of the ipod from the radio

5. 04-05-2007 12:59 PM #75
      Quote, originally posted by GTIMacV »
      I have a 07 GTI with Navigation and Sirius. What iPod adapter do I need that will let me keep Sat Radio and let me control the iPod from the radio/steering wheel.

+

will do exactly what you've requested pluss give you an extra auxialary input to which you can connect any audio device

6. 04-05-2007 02:07 PM #76
      Thanks I just ordered the icelink 400

Mike

7. 04-05-2007 02:51 PM #77
      Quote, originally posted by mikos »
      Thanks I just ordered the icelink 400

Mike

8. 04-09-2007 12:09 PM #78
      Hi, I got received the PIE VW02 (AUX) that I ordered from Enfig This weekend, I test fitted the unit but was unable to switch the source from my HU to the Aux interface. My HU is the "VW Premium 7" (Mk5) with 6-CD built-in
      changer. I pressed the CD button in variety of sequence a few times but was unable to get to the AUX input. Am I missing something?

BTW, where's a good ground near the HU?

9. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI VR6
      04-09-2007 01:54 PM #79
      Quote, originally posted by ewoo »
      Hi, I got received the PIE VW02 (AUX) that I ordered from Enfig This weekend, I test fitted the unit but was unable to switch the source from my HU to the Aux interface. My HU is the "VW Premium 7" (Mk5) with 6-CD built-in
      changer. I pressed the CD button in variety of sequence a few times but was unable to get to the AUX input. Am I missing something?

BTW, where's a good ground near the HU?

THe radio itself is the best ground. Try disconnecting the radio for a few minutes to reset it. Call us up for more help.

10. 04-09-2007 02:00 PM #80
      Quote, originally posted by Christian@enfig »

THe radio itself is the best ground. Try disconnecting the radio for a few minutes to reset it. Call us up for more help.

Great. I'll give that a shot.

11. 04-10-2007 03:10 PM #81
      what would work for my 03 GTI single monsoon unit with no changer? Also where would this put my Ipod physically, by the glovebox? can I pull it through anywhere else? Thanks.

12. 04-10-2007 04:19 PM #82
      Quote, originally posted by Christian@enfig »
      ... Try disconnecting the radio for a few minutes to reset it. Call us up for more help.

Didn't work. I removed and disconnected the HU overnight. Somehow all my presets were all there. Doesn't detect the AUX adapter either. Weird.

Any other ideas?

13. 04-10-2007 04:19 PM #83
      Quote, originally posted by SCGTI86 »
      what would work for my 03 GTI single monsoon unit with no changer?

just to clarify the radio you have, you have a double din monsoon radio with both a CD player and a tape deck, right?

assuming thats the radio you have (it should be as thats what came stock in the car, just the wording of your request is a bit confusing)

you can use the following products:

or

or

or

all units will have about 3' of ipod cable which is plenty to run to the glovebox and have some slack so that the passenger, or driver may hold the ipod

some people choose to mount their ipods on the dash

for your car you'd need these 2 parts:

and

whichever interface you choose, you'll need a set or radio removal tools

[IMG][http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/42ND_42_002.jpg/IMG]

if you're looking for recomendations I'd suggest the USA SPEC pa11VW6

14. 04-12-2007 09:26 PM #84
      Which is the easiest to install, and why do you reccomend the one you did?

15. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI VR6
      04-13-2007 10:31 AM #85
      They all install the same. THe dice is the best one becasue it has the most options.

16. 04-16-2007 03:44 AM #86
      hey there enfig. i have a 2003 Golf with double-din Monsoon stereo, no CD changer installed but it is prewired.

i've looked through all your units and have few questions:

1) DICE i-VW-R or -T, do they steal control from the iPod itself? Description page doesn't have the handy feature chart that PIE units did.

2) USA Spec PA11-VW - can you only chg the direct vs playlist mode during install?

I ask as I noticed when looking through the PIE units that there were models that controlled iPod via stereo, and another that left control at the iPod.

I'm looking for a combination -- majority of the control would be via iPod display, for album selection etc. But I'd also like the option to hit forward/back to skip through individual tracks. Are either of the 2 units above capable?

Many thanks!

17. 04-16-2007 06:35 AM #87
      This forum seems to be very helpful. I have a couple questions.

I have a 99' mkIII glx with bose system, I really want to integrate my iPod, I dont have the 6 disc changer anymore, just the iPod through the tape deck. Can you point me to the correct items I would need to integrate the iPod through the bose headunit?

18. 04-17-2007 02:28 AM #88
      Quote, originally posted by muji »
      1) DICE i-VW-R or -T, do they steal control from the iPod itself? Description page doesn't have the handy feature chart that PIE units did.

Nevermind. I just found the link to the DICE documentation PDF on your website and it explained it. For those interested, the DICE has 2 modes selectable, and neither steal control from the iPod -- modes determine how much interaction and control to give the radio, like whether or not to try displaying text of song/album title on the radio face.

Just ordered one!

19. 04-17-2007 01:42 PM #89
      Quote, originally posted by EuroJettaGuy »
      This forum seems to be very helpful. I have a couple questions.

I have a 99' mkIII glx with Bose system, I really want to integrate my iPod, I don't have the 6 disc changer anymore, just the iPod through the tape deck. Can you point me to the correct items I would need to integrate the iPod through the Bose head-unit?

Same boat here: I have a '98 GLX (Bose) and want to know what options I might have to added an ipod or a Phat-noise/Box system.

I already have an OEM CD changer in the Jetta, but recently installed an Audi Phat-noise system in our A6 (replaced CD changer) and absolutely love the factory integration. Is anything like that available for a Mk III Bose head-unit?

20. 04-17-2007 02:46 PM #90
      Quote, originally posted by jmess5 »

Same boat here: I have a '98 GLX (Bose) and want to know what options I might have to added an ipod or a Phat-noise/Box system.

I already have an OEM CD changer in the Jetta, but recently installed an Audi Phat-noise system in our A6 (replaced CD changer) and absolutely love the factory integration. Is anything like that available for a Mk III Bose head-unit?

using this adapter:

its possible to connect any early mk4 interface to the factory bose headunit. (units that fit the 1999 to 2001 MK4)
      the connection is made behind the headunit and is convient for installing ipod interfaces such as :

[URL+http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/VW_MLINK1_V3.html]BlitzSafe VW/M-LINK1 V.3[/URL]

or more complex interfaces like the PIE unit that will allow track control from the radio as well

PIE VWR/PC-POD2

using our adapter, one could use a phatbox system, however you'll need the CD Changer cable running from the radio to the phatbox as well

21. 04-17-2007 05:18 PM #91
      Quote, originally posted by John@enfig »

using our adapter, one could use a phat-box system, however you'll need the CD Changer cable running from the radio to the phat-box as well

I already have the changer cable in place being used w/my existing CD changer, so I would only need the last adapter (pictured)? Would it just be used in-line between the radio and CD cable?

This is not really my area of expertise, so please bear w/me as I try to understand the fundamentals of theses adapters.

22. 04-17-2007 05:59 PM #92
      Quote, originally posted by jmess5 »

I already have the changer cable in place being used w/my existing CD changer.

being a 98 I'm pretty sure you car cannot connect to a phatbox with factory CD changer harness

the easy way to tell is to take a pic of your cd changer harness where it connects to the CD changer in your trunk and post it here and I'll let you know your options based on what you show me

23. 04-17-2007 09:02 PM #93
      13-pin round (3x4)+1

24. 04-17-2007 09:04 PM #94

being a 98 I'm pretty sure you car cannot connect to a phatbox with factory CD changer harness

the easy way to tell is to take a pic of your cd changer harness where it connects to the CD changer in your trunk and post it here and I'll let you know your options based on what you show me

Same size/shaped plug that is currently in my '00 A6 (which has a Phatnoise connected to it (and working) right now.

25. 04-20-2007 04:41 PM #95
      13-pinner

26. 04-23-2007 02:08 PM #96
      John,

Any news on the new Denison Gateway 500 for VWs? I have an 06 Touareg with the DVD NAV and would like to keep my 6 disc changer option more for the sake that its there not that I really will use it. Kind of a mental thing!

27. 04-26-2007 06:13 PM #97
      I own a 2001 Golf GTI with the single DIN Tape Only player. I have the CD changer hook-up in the rear, but no CD changer. I would like to hook up an Ipod and have it in possibly the armrest or glovebox and was wondering what would be the best way to go about that.
      I assume a BlitzSafe VW/M-LINK1 V.3 would be a way to go, but was not too sure.

28. 05-08-2007 09:20 AM #98

CORRRECTION! I had to re-mount the Phatnoise player in my A6 over the w/e. So while it was out anyway, I tried it in my '98 Jetta (w/OEM Bose head-unit) and it WORKS! They both share the same CD changer plug (round 13 pinner). And all of the controls seems to work just as they do w/the Symphony I Bose head-unit in the Audi.

Maybe it's time for someone the correct the application guides for these units to include 1998 Jetta's w/the OEM Bose headunits?

I wish someone had tried this years ago. I would have saved me a lot of aggravation and research.

29. 05-18-2007 01:14 PM #99
      I picked up the PIE VW-AUX, and am trying to connect it to the cd changer jack in the hatch of my GTI (Double Din). PIEs instructions direct you to connect it to the jack in the hatch, turn on the accessory (ipod), turn the car on, and switch to cd changer, but mine just tells me "no changer". Am I missing something? Do I need to do something with vag com to enable the changer first?

thanks

30. 05-25-2007 12:23 PM #100
      Quote, originally posted by Gogooma »
      This thread is exactly what i was hoping to find!

I have a 2006 B6 Passat, with Navi/Satellite/Dynaudio and the 6cd changer in the glove box..

IDEALLY, I'd like to integrate my ipod with the following conditions (in order of priority):

1) Have a direct digital connection from my ipod to the stereo
      2) Maintain full control of the ipod itself
      3) Not have to disconnect the 6cd changer
      4) Have control of the ipod thru the car stereo
      5) Not have to disconnect the satellite radio

Is it possible to install the ipod with all of the above 5 things? And what equipment would i need?

If not, what's the next best alternative (while giving consideration to the order of priority of the above conditions)?

Thank you SO MUCH for any info you might have!!

Modified by Gogooma at 10:43 PM 9-22-2006

Was this question answered? I didn't see a reply to this in the thread. My gf has the same exact car/set up and the same exact priorities. What is the best solution? Thanks!

31. 06-04-2007 03:01 AM #101
      Newbie here...
      I have a 2001 Jetta
      Double Din (CD /Casste but no cd changer)
      Which PIE system should I get in order to control my ipod from the OEM system ?
      PIE VWR/PC-POD2 ??
      I am not sure what kind of CD changer connector I have (8 pin or 13 pin ??)
      and What kind of CD player removal kit i need
      Thanks

32. 06-10-2007 03:26 PM #102
      What do you think of the Harmon Kardon Drive + Play? Also, what extra stuff is needed for install and how hard would a glove box install be?

Thanks

33. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI VR6
      06-15-2007 01:09 PM #103
      I like it and I sell it. But in a VW there is really no place to put the controller. THe display can be done.

34. 06-15-2007 07:54 PM #104
      What do you think about the possibility of doing some sort of steering wheel mod for the remote?

35. 06-18-2007 10:48 PM #105
      With an in dash 6 disk changer and satellite radio for a 2006 Jetta GLI, can an auxiliary audio source be added without losing the satellite radio?

I see your "sat pass" adaptor, but will the PIT VW02-aux work with the in dash AM/FM/Sirius 6-CD radio?

Modified by cidsamuth at 6:56 PM 6-18-2007

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast