Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Adaptive Air Suspension - Control?

1. 05-07-2006 06:26 PM #1
      I understand that I can manually access the higher, off-road ride heights of the Q7, however I expect many of us are more interested in the lower ride heights, for low Cd and to fill the wheel wells better. I've read that the lower ride heights automatically kick in at 75 mph and 100 mph - my question is whether these two lower ride heights can be accessed manually and used at lower, US legal speeds. Can anyone clarify?

-thanks

2. 05-07-2006 09:43 PM #2
      There are four setings-off road, comfort, automatic, dynamic. Dynamic or sport mode minimizes the height to maximize performance. There is no manual height adjustment.

3. 05-07-2006 10:26 PM #3
      I didn't phrase my question very well. I think I read that the Q7 automatically lowers a bit when it hits 75 mph and lowers a bit more when it hits 100 mph. What I'm wondering is whether those two lower heights can somehow be reached at slower speeds.

-thanks

4. 05-08-2006 12:06 AM #4
      Your question was phrased very clearly. Maybe someone else can answer it better than me. Also, you can e mail Audi directly and they will answer any question within 24 hours.

5. 05-08-2006 06:00 AM #5

The answer is clearly NO !

I've asked Audi and when I received a response, it was negative.

The only alternative is to install independent electronic lowering system from ABT or JE DESIGN for instance...

Now careful, lowering noticeably reduces comfort especially with 20" or more wheels...

Check http://www.abt-tuning.net or http://www.je-design.de

6. Former Advertiser
      05-08-2006 01:02 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by arkbbq »
      I didn't phrase my question very well. I think I read that the Q7 automatically lowers a bit when it hits 75 mph and lowers a bit more when it hits 100 mph. What I'm wondering is whether those two lower heights can somehow be reached at slower speeds.

-thanks

Yes they can be set. Same way we lowered our A8

you can drive lowered like this at 5 mph or 105 mph

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GOLF VI 1.6D
      02-06-2012 02:41 PM #7
      How can we do this? Is it possible with the VCDS?

8. 02-10-2012 11:07 PM #8
      You can lower the Touareg with vcds. I did with mine about a year ago.
      http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/levelcontrol.html
      Should be able to do the same the Q7. I'll try it this summer when the snow is gone.

9. 03-19-2012 03:05 PM #9
      Hi, I can confirm the Touareg instructions work fine.

Lowered my Q7 1" this weekend.