VWVortex

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Results 1,051 to 1,085 of 1149

Thread: So I rotated into the P.M Grill Position

Vehicles
      a van
      07-07-2011 07:52 AM #1051
      the sous vide machine looks like fun.

and that ragout is awesome. where do you find escargot??
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      A Wagon, A Jetta, Another Jetta and a 650cc Scooter
      07-07-2011 10:16 AM #1052
      i got a sample from one of my purveyors

3. Member
      Vehicles
      08-05-2011 12:40 AM #1053
      so i was down in palm beach for two days (yesterday and today), had an AMAZING meal at Cafe Boulud lastnight. Had 5 courses, plus mignardises and madelines compliments of the pastry chef. My mushroom buddy has a friend that is the sous chef there. Great guy, amazing talent. Got to tour the kitchen, walkins, banquet areas and the whole nine yards, Great experience that I was long overdue for! Its so nice to have fellow culinarians take care of each other. It truely is nice to have a brotherhood of respect for ourselves. Its funny, you dont even have to know, or have met a person (chef), to know that if you call in a favor, there is an unwritten code that they will look out for you(being another chef). A few years ago, i phoned a fellow chef at a restaurant that I knew my best friend and his wife (both vortexers) were eating at and celebrating a wedding anniversary. I called the chef and asked him (chef to chef), if he would take care of them. They claim that it was the best dining experience they have ever had. All thanks to our industry looking out for each other. I did the sme for the friend and his wife that hooked me up with his friend at cafe Boulud. Its crazy. But, i guess this is just me saying thank you to all culinarians for what you do everyday, and what goes around comes around.

Cheers

Aaron

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      08-07-2011 12:40 PM #1054
      This coming Wednesday will be my last time grilling... couldn't be happier

5. Member
      Vehicles
      08-08-2011 01:38 AM #1055
      next step?

Vehicles
      81 Roc.79 911 SC Targa,Subie Legacy,BMW X1 M Package
      09-06-2011 09:48 PM #1056
      How about a bit of respect for this thread?? WTF????????? You guys call yourselves culinary pros? Let's post up some happenings In the bus. I have been spending some time In Hyde Park trying to get myself Into the CIA.???? How are you Aaron??
      Beware the Arizona D-Bags, they know too much!!!!!! ... and Corvettes are over hyped American Junk, just so you know.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      09-11-2011 06:30 PM #1057
      Thanks for checking in Chris. Man, a lot has been going on lately. Just got back from Orlando a few hours ago. Have been there all weekend. We competed in the Orlando Culinary Cup Challange again, and took 1st place again! It has been hard practice, but well worth the effort in the end. Will post pics soon.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2011 01:10 AM #1058
      Menu from Competition:

1st course
      Maple Leaf Farms Duck Tasting
      Roasted Duck Consommé
      Duck & Foie Gras Roulade
      Smoked Duck Johnny Cake
      Truffle Custard
      Red Onion Marmalade

2nd Course:
      Wisconsin Gran Queso & Summer Green Triangle
      Heirloom Tomato & Gran Queso Terrine
      Cucumber – Frisse Salad
      White Balsamic Vinaigrette
      Green Olive Tapenade
      Olive Oil Emulsion

3rd Course:
      Prosciutto Wrapped Lamb Leg
      Merguez Sausage
      Duchess Potato Pave
      Nicoise Style Vegetables
      Lamb Jus

4th Course:
      Florida Citrus Trio
      Margarita Sorbet
      Lemongrass Poached Pineapple, Oranges, Grapefruit, Mangoes
      Lemon Curd on Graham Sable
      Milk Meringue, Passionfruit tuile
      Orange Jelly
      White Chocolate Yogurt Mousse, Oatmeal Crumble
      Mint Tuile, White Chocolate Plaque

9. Member
      Vehicles
      10-16-2011 01:58 AM #1059
      Dinner at home this week, 8 courses for a friend of mine. We had a good time and she bought the wine. . Stuffed.

1st:
      Blue Crab and Corn chowder, garlic chips and Chives

2nd:
      Tomato / Mozz salad with prosciutto, basil, bibb lettuce, evoo, balsamic syrup and sea salt

3rd:
      Cheese course. Buttermilk bleu, parm reggiano, strawberries, pear jelly, savannah bee company honey,french baguette, and blackberry syrup

4th:
      Tuna Sashimi with Salmon Caviar, daikon radish sprouts, steamed edamame and siracha

5th:
      Hoison glazed u15 shrimp, wakame, avocado, asian nectarine

6th:
      Tobes bacon wrapped u10 scallop with silken cauliflower puree, over easy quail egg, frisee, spinach and pickled red onion salad.

7th:
      Sous vide filet with truffle salt, sauteed spinach, roasted earth gem potatoes, brown clamshell mushrooms, tomato jam, and veal jus.

8th:
      Classic Creme brulee with blackberry shooter

All for now. new pics to start surfacing! Im back!

Aaron

10. Member
      Vehicles
      10-16-2011 03:16 AM #1060
      So I had leftover mise tonight from my dinner 2 days ago and decided to throw something together here at the house after i got off of work. Turned out better than I thought. (aside from the quail eggs on the plate). But they just looked cool. Oh well. Pics:

Take care guys

Aaron

Vehicles
      2006 WRX Wagon
      10-17-2011 02:31 AM #1061
      Was following this thread quite religously earlier this year (aka reading through the first 20 pages or so). Good stuff man. I can only dream of eating (or even making some) of this stuff. Keep it up.
      Got any hoppy beers to recommend? PM me.

Press in dire situations: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

12. 10-17-2011 10:33 AM #1062
      Good looking stuff as always! You ever end up building the sous vide machine? I saw the sous vide fillet

13. Member
      Vehicles
      10-17-2011 12:07 PM #1063
      I never built one personally. But my brother built one for me. Its on the previous page. We need to get together and get yours built.

Aaron

14. 10-20-2011 07:41 PM #1064
      Definitely! Might try doing the cooler method for some steaks soon, picked up a vacuum sealer.

Wish I had more time to do build one to be honest, bunch of job change going on and every second I have spare trying to get the white car ready for the motor. Got to get it done asap in case we need to move.

wires<

15. Member
      Vehicles
      10-20-2011 10:25 PM #1065
      Hey, I called you a couple times . I just acquired a full aba swap and need to pick your brain! because the a2 is going under the knife eventually and i need your advice.

16. 10-21-2011 08:32 PM #1066
      My hours are all over the place sorry if I missed your calls - I avoid my phone like the plaque during any time I'm not working!

I'll shoot you a PM, interested in seeing what you picked up!

17. Member
      Vehicles
      11-26-2011 12:47 AM #1067
      So after serving Thanksgiving to the masses, I decided that I was thanksgiving'ed out. So i came home and had to have a little just because i had to......... Wasnt hungry at all, so I did a tasting in thanksgiving. Enjoy

Included were, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sous vide turkey breast, turkey gravy, cider brined pork loin, sweet potato mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce.

Aaron

Vehicles
      01-23-2012 09:18 PM #1068
      Get this thing back up and running Aaron. C
      Beware the Arizona D-Bags, they know too much!!!!!! ... and Corvettes are over hyped American Junk, just so you know.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      01-26-2012 11:25 PM #1069
      Ill see what I can do chris. Been extremely busy lately, lotts stuff going on in the culinary world...... Whats new with you man? anyone around here anymore?

Aaron

20. Member
      Vehicles
      02-07-2012 07:52 PM #1070
      Well Guys, the day has come. Things are changing, and its time to take the next step in my career. I am in the process starting with a new company and relocating away from Georgia. It has been a wonderful experience and i have learned so much in this establishment. I have accepted a new position as a Chef De Cuisine at a prestigious club and am moving across the country in about 2 weeks. I will be downsizing, and moving out with the bare bones as i wont have room for all of my belongings with the cost of living out there. Plus my a2 most likely wont pass emissions. I am looking forward to the move and next step in my career. I hope to still post pics of some of my new stuff at work, as well as what I cook at home. Hope all is well with everyone. Take care

Aaron

21. 02-07-2012 10:37 PM #1071
      Best of luck man

Vehicles
      MKV
      02-07-2012 10:45 PM #1072
      very nice. Im stoked to see you step it up and take a challange. Keep us posted. If you wouldnt mind id like to check the new place out. shoot me a pm with the details.

Vehicles
      02-09-2012 09:01 PM #1073
      Quote Originally Posted by LovetheA2s View Post
      Well Guys, the day has come. Things are changing, and its time to take the next step in my career. I am in the process starting with a new company and relocating away from Georgia. It has been a wonderful experience and i have learned so much in this establishment. I have accepted a new position as a Chef De Cuisine at a prestigious club and am moving across the country in about 2 weeks. I will be downsizing, and moving out with the bare bones as i wont have room for all of my belongings with the cost of living out there. Plus my a2 most likely wont pass emissions. I am looking forward to the move and next step in my career. I hope to still post pics of some of my new stuff at work, as well as what I cook at home. Hope all is well with everyone. Take care

Aaron
      Hey, let me know what you are doing and I'll help you as I can. Good for you dude! IM me you cell and we'll go from there. Chris

24. Member
      Vehicles
      02-16-2012 02:29 AM #1074
      hit me up Chris.

Aaron

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      13 Outback, 12 Volt, 04 Mazdaspeed Miata
      03-08-2012 04:35 PM #1075

Aaron
      Bump! Where are you going? What will you be doing? Will you still be taking pictures? Where are the updates?

- A silent longtime reader.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      03-11-2012 05:55 AM #1076
      I am here. It has been busy since I hit th door. My days begin at about 8:30am and are ending at 10:30pm. I am the purchasing agent for my kitchen (and putting all product away), butcher, chef, food runner sometimes, and everything that comes in between. I have been extremely busy, and there is no time to wind down until our season is over. I am however having a blast with writing all of my own specials, with no governing of sorts. It feels good to make some calls, and have it my way. The members are enjoying the food so far and I have put up some quality food for the kitchen I am in , as well as the clientelle that I am catering to. Its nice to have my own office , too bad I live at work. So , i have decided to make it a bit more welcoming, by adding a yankee candle, coat rack, and picture of my family. My camera is in storage and should be out here within 3 weeks when all of my belongings get delivered. Hopefully i will be signing a lease tomorrow on a house to rent. Did cook dinner for Bill Gates this past weekend. I learned how to cook proper mexican rice, everything I have eaten in the past 2 weeks has been in a tortilla (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), i am immune to serrano peppers with seeds in, I am picking up good on my spanish, I love the fresh produce and seafood, days have been 72 and sunny, car is registered in CA now and its been nice so far. I cant wait to get fully settled, in which i can take the Motorcycle up to Mulholland drive for a good ride. L.A is about 2 hours away. I did also find a local pho spot, and am happier than ever there is one here. I would have had withdrawls if i was cut off of my pho. Hope to get the camera soon, as I am ready to post some pics. Hope all is well with everyone.

Take care guys,

Aaron

Vehicles
      03-14-2012 09:20 PM #1077
      Good deal.

Vehicles
      MKV
      03-15-2012 09:00 AM #1078
      nice report. Yes Chef De Cusine does it all. Hope you dont get burned out. Your still young. Id love to see some of the specials your writing. Keep us posted
      KillaCoupeRacing

29. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      13 Outback, 12 Volt, 04 Mazdaspeed Miata
      03-29-2012 04:58 PM #1079
      I am here. It has been busy since I hit the door....Aaron
      Keep it coming! Fans are waiting!

30. Member
      Vehicles
      04-10-2012 03:07 AM #1080
      ok, so I got moved into my new place. and just got the internet set up today. Things are well. Last week was crazy as we had a party of 500 plated 3 courses. Then we had easter, and I have been doing 200+ covers in my restaurant for the past 15 days. Lunch and Dinner. The season should be dying off in the next month as it will be getting hot out here in California. I have one of my guys who is out for the week, sick. So i am on the line for pm service as brioler/grill. Ive been getting rocked.

Specials lately have been

- Seared scallops with smoked salmon whipped yukon gold mash, carrot butter sauce, vanilla oil

- Teryaki Glazed grouper fillet with steamed white rice, napa cabbage slaw, miso butter emulsion
      with nori

- Pan seared arctic charr with apple fennel slaw, citrus flavored cous cous, and beurre blanc

- Seared bacon wrapped scallops with silken cauiliflower puree, oven roasted veg (pearl onions,
      turnips, carrots), parsley emulsion

- Smoked fried mozzarella salad "caprese" with marinated artichokes, heirloom tomatoes, arugala, balsamic, sea salt, and good olive oil

- Cast iron seared monkfish over tuscan white bean pistou, tomato, smoked ham, and sauteed
      spinach

- Grilled bluenose snapper "aqua pazza" , spicy tomato broth with shaved fennel, kalamata olives, tomatoes, fresh oregano, haricots verts, shaved elephant garlic, onions, micros

These are just a few. Pics will follow soon i hope

How is everyone? Ive been on 17 days, and ready for a day off! hope all is well, Still alive Chris?

Aaron

31. 04-12-2012 12:12 PM #1081
      jesus christ that sounds like such a great menu. can't wait to see some more pics.

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 09:07 PM #1082
      Yeah, I'm still alive. Forget about me(I've been crisp a long while now), how are you????

33. Member
      Vehicles
      04-23-2012 02:31 AM #1083
      Im doing well. Things are busy, but will be slowing down this month as it is getting hot out here. We had a day of 107*F here today and it was nice to be indoors in a kitchen (wierd huh?). Anyways, I just got my wall set up with all things culinary related in my room at the new house. and it turned out pretty good . I have a grill built into the backyard of the new house and am enjoying it on the days off. I have grilled steaks and burgers every day off. Which is about a total of 3 times so far. I did take the bike up to the mountains and have a ride this past Wednesday. It was nice to get away from everything and enjoy some me time. Work has been so busy I havent had much time to do anything personally. Im so far behind. Hope all is well with everyone.

Take care

Aaron

34. Member
      Vehicles
      05-03-2012 03:34 AM #1084
      Time for an update. Pics of Plenty

New Pad:

No dresser, when in doubt, think like a chef:

After a hard day at the office, what does your shower do?

West Coast fun in the Sun:

one of our members' cars:

Stasis powered r8 spyder, v10 supercharged 798hp:

Backyard goodies:

Which Make this, citrus cello:

Roommate's uncles house in LA, SICK!
      (my old roommate from Atlanta, moved out together, and his girl)

Chinatown LA:

Pho:

Ideas in Food :

Pan fried Softshell crabs over corn and sweet pea succotash, applewood smoked bacon, braised artichokes, corn veloute, and lemon confit

Grilled bluenose snapper "aqua pazza" , spicy tomato broth with shaved fennel, kalamata olives, tomatoes, fresh oregano, haricots verts, shaved elephant garlic, onions, micros

Grilled Maha Mahi, jumbo asparagus, steamed white rice, mango relish, passion fruit butter sauce:

Pan Seared striped bass, pluche of baby head lettuces, marinated haricots vert with pink picked onions, parm reggiano / white balsamic vin, parm crisp, aged balsamic drizzle:

Sesame crusted ahi with steamed white rice, wakame salad with avocado, heirloom tomato, and cucumber, pea chutes, and soy caramel:

Grilled Barramundi with composed salad of: ruby red grapefruit, balckbeans, avocado, dungeness crab, pickled onion, cilantro, mint, vanilla scented oven roasted pineapple, cumin bruleed grapefuit, and black bean creme fraiche sauce. Sexy plate!!!!

Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped scallops with basil, wilted arugula, pesto butter sauce, sundried tomato / goat cheese crostini , oven roasted roma tomatoes, White balsamic syrup

Pan seared carolina trout "nicoise":

Seared trout, salad of haricots verts, frisee, julienne tomato, soft poached egg, kalamata olive tapenade with basil, smoked tomato coulis:

Employee meal in my restaurant:

If my guys are happy, I am happy!

At work, Breakfast:

Lunch:

And dinner:

An execution , straight out of french laundry, i was pleased:

All for Now. Hope this makes up for a lengthy period of no pic posts.

Aaron

Vehicles
      a van
      05-03-2012 07:45 AM #1085
      congrats on the new place, man! the kitchen and grill looks awesome

any reason these latest dishes were all seafood?
      what did you guys do with the cow head?
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast