A Wagon, A Jetta, Another Jetta and a 650cc Scooter
      09-26-2007 03:31 AM #491
      ok, guys, here we go. Its been a minute

1st Wine Dinner:

Pan Seared Halibut over roasted corn and Blue crab Chowder:

2nd Course:

Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Shrimp and Venison Carpaccio:

3rd Course:

Salt and Vinegar Potato Chip Crused Lemon Sole with Sauteed Spinach with "not fried" french fries (blanch and tossed with butter, stock, lemonjuice, and parsley)

Lil Dessert:

Second Wine Dinner:

1st Course:

Roasted Corn Vichysoisse with Vanilla bean infused mascarpone cheese and Popcorn Tuille:

(pre soup, but you'll know what vichysoisse looks like) it was poured tableside by our waiters

Second Course:

Fried Goat cheese Salad with Roasted Plums, mache, and plum vinaigrette:

Third Course:

Cedar Plank Salmon with Apple Smoked Bacon and potato hash:

Next Wine Dinner:

1st Course:

Tom Yung Soup:

Straw mushrooms, flavored Broth, tomatoes, kaffir lime leaf, splash of fish sauce, lettuce leaf, and scallions:

2nd Course:

Fresh Rolls-
      Rice rappers, carrot, cilantro, basil, rice noodles, shrimp and spicy peanut sauce

3rd Course:

Beef Saute with peppers, jasmine rice, bean sprouts, cocoanut milk, lime juice, touch of sugar

This is what I have collected over the past few weeks, sorry I have been slacking. But I have been busy over the past few weeks. Hope all is well with everyone. Take care guys

Aaron

Modified by LovetheA2s at 8:49 AM 9-26-2007

2. 09-26-2007 09:18 AM #492
      Man that looks amazing.

I need to make some fresh spring rolls.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      09-26-2007 10:32 AM #493
      I have to admit, not much of what you post looks good to me (just my personal preference, I like simple stuff, so this is not an attack on your work, please don't take it as that). But the Fish dishes and that beef plate look unreal, and if given the chance I would devour them all right now.

Everything presentation wise always looks perfect though

Th(e/a)n

4. Swallow Doretti
      09-27-2007 11:14 AM #494
      I just found this thread, and boy, I'm jealous. Right down to the dog!

Where do you work again? I may have missed that.

Wow, wow, wow.

5. 10-02-2007 12:34 PM #495
      Not much of what he posted looks good Postings look correct and professional, as well as tempting and Inspiring

6. 10-02-2007 01:56 PM #496
      That 1st dinner looks absolutely incredible. I mean, they all do, but that 1st one is amazing.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-02-2007 02:02 PM #497
      Quote, originally posted by gourmandster »
      Not much of what he posted looks good Postings look correct and professional, as well as tempting and Inspiring

Excellent, you have an opinion and preference just like me. Good job

As I already mentioned, I was not putting down his work, I was simply stating the food and how it is prepared is not my preference. At least what he has posted in the past, but nearly everything from this round he posted looks very good to me

Th(e/a)n

8. 10-02-2007 08:42 PM #498
      Wow, you must be some sort of pro. Care to state credentials? It's a matter of professionalism, not opinion. I have put a bunch of people into this business and I feel myself atached to this thread because I see the vision that this kid has and he is willing and the talent is obvious. Keep up the good work Aaron. Remember this.. the ultimate form of flattery is when someone knocks your work or when someone states that "It's not out of my league, but I want your recipe for something"Chances are that they could never duplicate what you can do anyway. Just my experience. Chris. You should be driving a scirocco by the way, all real chef's drive sciroccos.

9. 10-02-2007 08:50 PM #499
      Not to mention nearly 34000 views. have a nice day.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2007 02:29 AM #500
      Wow Ghourd, appreciate the applause and compliments. And you are correct in regards to trying to be as professional as possible. This kitchen has shown me the true potential of what a professional chef who is driven can obtain and display. Great talent is what I absorb everyday from each and every chef that I work with/for every single night. In regards to Blk Badged, i understand where you are coming from . And I took no offense to what you said. Its not your style, and thats cool. From what you are saying, I understand that you still appreciate everything that is put into our food. I grew up in the sticks and enjoy comfort food when at home, but, i do get fancy at home sometimes. As my other posts in the F & B Forum have shown. I love fine food, I love down home food. I can enjoy food from any culture, lifestyle, or region as long as Im educated while eating, tasting, pairing or just grubbin'. This past week I had lunch at a lil Vietnamese place here in town. It was nothing fancy, it was just lunch. But, I had so much fun enjoying the different flavor profiles that the cooks strived to display. I just had a 3 dollar sub and some spring rolls. But loved them. Once again, professional culinarians learn to accept any types of food with respect for the outlet in which they come from. Regardless. I appreciate your following of the thread as well as everyone else's. and Ghourd, your right 34,000 views, who would have thought that this little thread would have so much interest in a Car forum? Haha. Once again, thanks guys for everything!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2007 03:04 AM #501
      hows about this week's Wine dinner pics?

1st course:

Seared Diver Scallop over mascarpone and Smoked salmon whipped potatoes with Carrot coulis and Vanilla Oil:

2nd Course:

Duo of Duck confit Cassoulet with duck Demi Glace and Pan Seared Duck breast in a bread Bouille:

3rd Course:

Pan Seared Phyllo Wrapped Brie Cheese with Port Poached Seckle Pear, pluche Salad

4th Course:

As always, I dont remember what the pastry girl did for this dish. I understand that it was a blueberry turnover, sweetened local plums with orange pinwheel and vanilla icecream:

Thats the update. Take care Guys!

Aaron

12. 10-03-2007 06:00 PM #502
      LOVE it. BTW where do you work?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2007 11:52 PM #503
      The name is Cherokee Town and Country Club. Its a private club in the heart of buckhead.

14. 10-04-2007 12:57 AM #504
      My god man, that looks amazingly good.

exactly WHAT looks amazingly good, you ask?

All of it!

Vehicles
      CVPI, Golf powered Vanagon. Etc.
      10-05-2007 02:31 PM #505
      Amazing stuff as usual!
      DCI Ambassador

16. 10-08-2007 05:16 PM #506
      My god, all this food looks incredible! I just found this thread and looked back at the last 10 pages or so. It's really inspiring. I have to say that the "Caesar Salad in a Parmigiano Reggiano Lace Basket" posted awhile back was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.

LovetheA2s and Tobin thanks for your posts! I look forward to seeing more.

Vehicles
      GTI
      10-08-2007 06:57 PM #507
      Quote, originally posted by A3Lassy »
      My god, all this food looks incredible! I just found this thread and looked back at the last 10 pages or so. It's really inspiring. I have to say that the "Caesar Salad in a Parmigiano Reggiano Lace Basket" posted awhile back was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.

LovetheA2s and Tobin thanks for your posts! I look forward to seeing more.

i dont think i really made the big of a contribuion to this thread. but thanks ha

18. Member
      Vehicles
      10-20-2007 01:40 AM #508
      ok guys, here is a load of pics from our Annual Members guest party. No holds bar on our displays, food, talent. atmosphere. It was truly and experience:

Here we go!

I am sure some of them are repetetive. Hope you guys enjoy. It was a blast.

Vehicles
      GTI
      10-20-2007 11:03 AM #509
      wow man that looks amazing

we had our open house last month.

do you guys do all of your ice? in house?

20. Member
      Vehicles
      10-20-2007 11:56 AM #510
      Quote, originally posted by tobin_bass »

do you guys do all of your ice? in house?

Some of our sculptures are done in house. Thats real fun, i have gotten a shot at it a few times. But the intricate ones that require the computer carving or a lathe are done by an outside company

21. 10-21-2007 12:08 AM #511
      Good looking food man, i recently started at a very high class place myself, the executive chef used to run a restaurant in Atlanta, chefs name is Chad scott...heard of it? im stuck on pastry for right now, but i'm hoping to at least be on Garde Manger here in a month or so...god i miss the hot line.

Vehicles
      GTI
      10-21-2007 12:59 AM #512
      you started in pasrty? thats seems strange

23. Member
      Vehicles
      10-21-2007 04:58 AM #513
      at my last job. The only thing that was available at the time (when I was hired) just out of school mind you, was a pastry/pantry station. I handled soups, salads, and made the desserts. Then made it to pm grill, daytime saute and finally pm sous.....

24. 10-21-2007 09:42 PM #514
      well congratulations on the sous job...no actually i started as a commis...which kinda sucked but i got to relearn the basics...but coming from being a manager at my last job to "kitchen helper" was kind of a shock. but its been great, where did you go to school?

25. Member
      Vehicles
      10-21-2007 09:55 PM #515
      probably all of any info you might want is scattered throughout the thread. But, i graduated from Johnson and Wales in VA. Yeah, at my old place, I became the sous, when I moved to ATL. I slowed my role and entered into where I work now as a banquet cook. If you only knew how much I have gained from my place now as opposed to my last place, youd be like . I was in the dark back then. I have definitely opened my eyes to all that is culinary, and learn something new everyday. Whatever you do , take notes, take notes, take notes! record them and save em. I have 2 books I have composed in 2 years with about 500-600 pages of notes, recipes, techniques, product descriptions, pairings, wine pairings, special dinners, and MUCH more. I call them Kitchen Bible Pt 1 and 2. Dont be in shock. Im sure its a great learning experience!

26. 10-22-2007 08:41 PM #516
      Quote, originally posted by LovetheA2s »

Some of our sculptures are done in house. Thats real fun, i have gotten a shot at it a few times. But the intricate ones that require the computer carving or a lathe are done by an outside company

Had a philipino garde-manger that would do all of my carving from start to finish with a chain saw, Rough to final detail. Absolutely phenominal, I would leave him a pictoral of what i wanted and he would come in after his FT job about midnight and in tha A.M. I would go to my walk in freezer and it would always be perfect.

27. 10-22-2007 08:44 PM #517
      Reminds me of the Private Club Exec. job that I had. Way too much work, at the time It was Exciting, Now day's i just live for my next vacation, time off and Vortex GTG's. Keep up the tempo Aaron.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      10-23-2007 01:35 AM #518
      Oh man, hope you guys enjoy this update as much as I am. So I went into Bed, Bath and Beyond today to get some sheets for my bed right, well I walk in and am browsing through the culinary section trying to avoid temptation. I get to the end of and aisle and happen to see the clearence rack. For $hits and Giggles I walked over to see what cooking stuff has been reduced. Like a Sore thumb, this one item looked at me and said "DONT LEAVE ME HERE". Now this is an item I have wanted in my household for a LONG time and never had the extra funds at the end of the month to afford. These are the exact models that we use at work. And yes I have seen someone drop a brand new one, try to catch it, and get 8 stitches. Brand new they are about $140-160+. This one was marked down from 149.99 to a whopping 69.99. Due to an opened edge on the corner of the box.
      Coupled with 20% off coupon and another 5 coupon it was a Steal. Without further wait. My new Bron French Mandoline:

Bargain of the day

Vehicles
      CVPI, Golf powered Vanagon. Etc.
      10-23-2007 10:17 AM #519
      Score!!

DCI Ambassador

Vehicles
      GTI
      10-23-2007 01:46 PM #520
      i just get the $30.00 plastic ones and when the break im only out $30 instead of $160

31. 10-23-2007 05:30 PM #521
      That's a lot cleaner than mine, been through numerous blade sets and two center plates, and it still works great."BRON" the only one to buy!!

Vehicles
      Mom's 2001 Mustang
      10-23-2007 06:54 PM #522
      completely unrelated, but as an a.m. garde manger or whatever making salads is called , i'd like to profess my hatred for manadalins... i try to stay away from them because i enjoy my fingertips, however it's a hell of alot easier to hit up some sliced cukes with the mandalin rather than a knife.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      10-23-2007 11:45 PM #523
      Yeah, I have my plastic Japanese one at work that i use often. They are great for making garlic chips. The japanese ones are awesome but extremely dangerous (personally i think more dangerous). They are small enough to hang over a fryer and slice lotus root, or tarrow chips straight into the fryer. I like it. I have the minty green colored one. But, i wanted the "BRON" for personal home use. However I like to stay sharp on my knife cuts, so i typically julienne and brunoise by hand. Just today I filled a 4 inch 3rd pan with bruniose mirepoix. I have started doing that about once a week. It keeps me in shape on the ol knife cuts. and as a Garde manger / Salad man. Theres nothing wrong with having a mandolin and a vita-mix machine on your station.

Vehicles
      GTI
      10-24-2007 01:49 PM #524
      i see what you mean about the japanese ones being dangerous but you should watch what your doing any way.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      10-25-2007 03:35 AM #525
      that is correct !

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast