Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Child safety lock not working

1. 05-14-2006 06:27 PM #1
      Today I noticed that the child safety lock on the rear right door isn't working anymore. The door doesn't open at all with the lock on or off. The only thing I can think of is something was messed up when they adjusted the window regulator on that door a couple months back. Has anyone else had this problem? Going to call service tomorrow.

2. 05-23-2006 07:42 PM #2
      Turns out that the dealer broke the cable that goes from the handle to the lock when they adjusted my window regulator a couple months back. They ordered a new cable and I'll be bringing it back in a few days.

Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      08-09-2012 09:48 PM #3
      Did you ever resolve this?
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      08-09-2012 09:48 PM #4
      Please respond.
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.