Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 1035 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: MMA thread (all things mma, pride, ufc) - NO SPOILERS!!

1. 08-07-2006 02:36 PM #141
      Wandy's style is way to aggressive for Liddell to do what he does best and thats back up and looping hook or straight punch. I dont think Wandy will just jump right in but, once he gets the clinch on Liddell Wandy will keep him there.....and start to let the knees and elbows go. IMHO with Wandy's cardio he will just pound Liddell then take him to the ground at the end.

Liddell's ONLY chance is the KO.......if he can keep his distance on Wandy and pick his punches then he has a shot.

But, thats if this fight even happens!

But, IMHO i do think Wandy is a more well rounded fighter. Stand up and ground.

Modified by dubworld2.0t at 7:37 PM 8-7-2006

2. 08-07-2006 02:43 PM #142
      he also has the fact that he can circle in the octagon whereas in the square ring he seemed kinda lost. believe me i'm not stupid i'm 95% sure wandy's going to go ballistic on him...but i'd still like to see liddell win

3. 08-07-2006 03:01 PM #143
      man....i just hope the fight actually happens! And when it does it last more than 1 minute! I really do not think Wandy wants to leave it up to the judges.......or to an early stoppage for some reason.

And for some crazy reason i really want babalu to win also!

Wany is going to have a long couple of months with OWGP!

Thats the greatest thing about MMA is anything can happen with one punch or one submission.

4. 08-07-2006 03:04 PM #144
      Quote, originally posted by dubworld2.0t »
      man....i just hope the fight actually happens! And when it does it last more than 1 minute! I really do not think Wandy wants to leave it up to the judges.......or to an early stoppage for some reason.

also have to remember the ortiz v. Wandy fight....that went to the judges and tito took it.

5. 08-07-2006 03:17 PM #145
      That would be awesome also would be a rematch with Ortiz......but, in a perfect dream world.......

Tim Sylvia vs Fedor or CroCop or Nog

Franklin vs Shogun or Henderson

Babalu vs Shogun (rematch)

Hughes vs Kang or Filho (not positive of there weight classes?)

Penn or GSP vs Kand or Filho

Shoot just a Pride vs UFC champs would be awesome.

I would also love to see the fight clubs fight also.

Chute Boxe vs MFS
      BTT vs ATT
      Hammerhouse vs Team Quest

And bring back Genki Sudo and also would like to see kid Yamamoto (sp) in the UFC!

There are just so many fighters i would love to see fight the problem is there in different orgs!

I think those would be great match ups! I can dream right

Vehicles
      2009 Audi A4 2.0T
      08-07-2006 03:58 PM #146

i keep thinkin the same thing haha..i really hope it happens.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      08-07-2006 03:59 PM #147
      On a side note I REALLY hope that girls don't try to enter the MMA world like they have boxing.

1. It is boring to watch
      2. Girls fighting are both gross and it makes me sad.

And I think PRIDE should switch to the materials UFC uses for its cage, instead of just a boxing ring. Keep it square, but put chain link up. I get irritated by those guys slapping and punching fighters who hand onto the ropes, it just seems like it would work better.

Th(e/a)n

8. 08-07-2006 04:02 PM #148
      My guess either Liddell loses to Sobral or goes to decision for Liddell.

Then Sylva will have to go through OWGP.....which will be VERY tough.

The chances are very slim IMHO that they both are healthy to fight each other. Even though i think Wandy will still fight Liddell even if he had one arm

But, im just not to sure this fight will even happen?

9. 08-07-2006 09:44 PM #149
      But, im just not to sure this fight will even happen?

they wouldn't have done that little show in the last ufc if it wasn't gonna happen. imagine what was going through liddell's head when wandy said he wanted to phuck him..."whoa whoa, i didn't sign up for that"

10. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      08-07-2006 11:51 PM #150
      Quote, originally posted by Ddubb9965 »

they wouldn't have done that little show in the last ufc if it wasn't gonna happen. imagine what was going through liddell's head when wandy said he wanted to phuck him..."whoa whoa, i didn't sign up for that"

hahahah yeah that was funny. I felt bad for him because 90% of the viewers probably did not even take into account english is his second language. He and GSP always crack me up, especially when GSP something a common phrase correctly, then corrects himself to something incorrect hahaha

Th(e/a)n

11. 08-08-2006 08:17 AM #151

Trust me .... i hope the fight does happen!

So, what if Babalu beats Liddell? Since i think its possible that he can....what if he does? Dana White said IF Liddell beats Babalu he will fight Wandy. I think Wandy has a 3 fight deal with UFC so, hopefully either way they fight just might not be a title fight. hmmm if Sobral wins maybe he will get to fight Wandy for the title defense! Can you imagine what is going through Sobral's mind......if i beat Liddell i might have to face Wandy!!!! No doubt this Babalu vs Liddell will be Babalu's and Liddells biggest fight!

12. 08-08-2006 11:08 PM #152

Can you imagine what is going through Sobral's mind......if i beat Liddell i might have to face Wandy!!!! No doubt this Babalu vs Liddell will be Babalu's and Liddells biggest fight!

I don't know about that. Babalu has fought against top competition before (like Fedor), it's just that he has yet to win one 'big' fight. He's lost to Fedor, Kevin Randleman, Chuck Liddel, Dan Henderson and the like. The best fighters he's beaten have probably been Mauricio Rua and Jeremy Horn, and in the same night no less.

13. 08-09-2006 07:32 AM #153
      Heard Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock 3 will be on spike tv in October. Shamrock will retire afterwards.

Smart move to do it on Spike imo....i don't think anybody wants to pay again to see them two fight so why no put it on t.v.

14. 08-09-2006 09:03 AM #154
      Quote, originally posted by BlackGTiTurbo »

I don't know about that. Babalu has fought against top competition before (like Fedor), it's just that he has yet to win one 'big' fight. He's lost to Fedor, Kevin Randleman, Chuck Liddel, Dan Henderson and the like. The best fighters he's beaten have probably been Mauricio Rua and Jeremy Horn, and in the same night no less.

Dont know about what?

This fight with Liddell vs babalu will determine if the Sylva vs Liddell fight will even happen. And honestly to me this will be one of the biggest fights ever in MMA! And one of the most anticipated fights ever. EVERYBODY in MMA has been waiting and wanting this Wandy vs Liddell fight.
      That was my whole point of that comment about the pressure for Babalu and Liddell.
      And IMHO you cant compare fighters and what they did years ago. Look at Babalu since he lost to Liddell 10-0 against good fighters. He has been very active since his loss. And im not sure what Liddell has done or how many fights he has had since the first Babalu fight? Couture and Ortiz??? He hasnt been that active in the past 2-3 years.

But, Wandy and babalu have been very active. Just my .02 cents. I cant wait to see both fights!

15. 08-09-2006 09:57 AM #155
      He hasnt been that active in the past 2-3 years.

Just because they aren't on the tube fighting for events doesn't mean they aren't training

16. 08-09-2006 10:07 AM #156

Just because they aren't on the tube fighting for events doesn't mean they aren't training

I agree totally 100% but you cant compare fighting to training. Trust me im not taking anything away from Liddell at all. And im sure your a bigger Liddell fan than Babalu or Wandy. And IMHO i dont think people can say "Liddell KTFO Babalu once and he will do it again" can really say that. Anything can happen in MMA and it only takes one punch. For me i beleive babalu can take Liddell because of the style fighter he is. ANd Liddell has the one punch (or kick) that can also KO babalu. All the Liddell fans rely on one thing from him and thats his one punch (or flurry..see Ortiz fight) KO power. babalu has been around this game long enough (and already went though it once with Liddell) to change his game plan up for Liddell.

And i am just a firm beleiver that Wandy will take it to Liddell like nobody has before. Win or Loose it will be a great fight.

And trust me its not like i dont like Liddell because i am a fan of his. And it just happens that i like more Pride fighters than UFC. I dont care about the orgs... i just like certain fighters. I have alot of respect for any fighter that fights anywhere!

Modified by dubworld2.0t at 3:13 PM 8-9-2006

17. 08-09-2006 11:18 AM #157
      I agree with everything you say...and a lot of times i'm just playing devil's advocate about the liddell silva fight. But as far as the Liddell Sobral fight, i think Liddell is going to take it. imo a good stand up fighter that can avoid take downs will beat a good wrestler any day of the week. If Liddell wants to keep a fight on his feet...most of the time that's what will happen. Personally i think Liddell will beat Sobral again. The silva fight however, i know as well as you Silva will do things to Liddell he's never thought about.

18. 08-09-2006 11:40 AM #158
      I agree Liddell is great at avoiding take downs and is a good wrestler (sprawls). I think if babalu can keep the fight close and keep his hands up and clinch and keep the clinch with Liddell. And wear him down with the clinch.....and add pressure to him. (see couture vs liddell 1) and even trade punches with him (look out for his looping hooks) then eventually take him to the ground via clinch......from there keep him down (easier said than done). And work on Liddell on the ground via GnP and work a sub. Of couse this is all easier said than done with Liddell since i think he is one of the hardest guys to take down.

I have watched 95% of Liddells fights and notice everybody wants to trade with him from Couture to Horn to White and Randlman. And most of his fights end in the first round KO. And yes Couture is a GREAT wrestler who had alot of problems with the shoot and take down. Which is why i say the clinch and take down will work since thats how couture did it with him the 1st fight.

Liddell is also a great counter puncher which is why i think people hesitate to go for the shoot or run in on him because he will back up and swing (White and Randlman).

Which is why Wandy is probablly the best match up with styles for Liddell.

19. 08-09-2006 01:03 PM #159

I have watched 95% of Liddells fights and notice everybody wants to trade with him from Couture to Horn to White and Randlman. And most of his fights end in the first round KO.

and ortiz...lol...one of the most shamefull fights i've seen ortiz in.

And yes Couture is a GREAT wrestler who had alot of problems with the shoot and take down. Which is why i say the clinch and take down will work since thats how couture did it with him the 1st fight.

but we're talking about Couture....in his prime i'm willing to go out on a limb and say he was the best fighter to ever grace the ufc.

20. 08-09-2006 01:14 PM #160
      Thats actually a great question.....who is/was the best fighter ever in the UFC from UFC1 to know?

Couture would be in my top 5 i think....then i would say Pedro Rizzo (yes i think he has fought the best in the UFC and tought them what striking was!), Marco Ruas (first man to come in the cage and was not one dimensional with his ground game and striking), Hughes (even though i think GSP will win the 2nd fight he has owned his weight class), Royce Gracie (suprising everybody in UFC 1-3).

I guess they would be the most influence also in the sport and UFC.

21. 08-09-2006 01:28 PM #161

I guess they would be the most influence also in the sport and UFC.

most influencial in the ufc hands down has to be Shamrock...the sport blew up into what it is today because of him.

but as far as best fighter....lb. for lb. Matt Hughes...if he were to step up to middleweight he would would more than likely beat rich franklin....and skillwise if he were to step in the ring against liddell or ortiz...i think he could give them a run for their money.

i have trouble looking at the past fighters to be able to claim they were the best ever because the sport is always evolving and even though it doesn't seem like there's a great amount of competition (because the LHW and HW's get all the glory, and there isn't competition in those weight classes) i feel like we have to give that sort of credit to the superstars in the ring right now

22. 08-09-2006 01:47 PM #162
      Best fighters......

Fedor
      Wand
      Shogun
      Hughes
      Sudo
      Kang - Filho
      Penn

Between UFC and Pride

But if i broke it down between the 2

UFC - Hughes, Penn, GSP, Franklin (iffy will be tested by A. Sylva), Pulver, Liddell

Pride - Fedor, Wandy, Shogun, Kang Filho (both will prove themselves), Nog Brothers, Gomi

I say these fighters because they have proven themselves in both orgs.

Modified by dubworld2.0t at 6:48 PM 8-9-2006

Modified by dubworld2.0t at 6:48 PM 8-9-2006

23. 08-11-2006 11:38 AM #163
      Just FYI....

I have read some posts on Sherdog saying there might not be a Wandy vs Liddell fight because of there not being a 3 fight UFC deal with Wandy.

Instead of the Wandy fight it might be Ortiz vs. Liddell 2!

I guess we will see......not sure how accurate this is?

Also looks like Shamrock vs Ortiz 3 also soon on UFN?

Modified by dubworld2.0t at 4:40 PM 8-11-2006

24. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      08-11-2006 11:58 AM #164
      Just FYI....

I have read some posts on Sherdog saying there might not be a Wandy vs Liddell fight because of there not being a 3 fight UFC deal with Wandy.

Instead of the Wandy fight it might be Ortiz vs. Liddell 2!

I guess we will see......not sure how accurate this is?

Also looks like Shamrock vs Ortiz 3 also soon on UFN?

to no Wandy fight, why would Dana White even announce this if it took a miracle to happen?

And I would much rather watch Forrest Griffin vs. Chuck Liddell then Ortiz.

Th(e/a)n

25. 08-11-2006 12:03 PM #165
      Quote, originally posted by BlckBadged_SwissChee »

And I would much rather watch Forrest Griffin vs. Chuck Liddell then Ortiz.

i would prefer the ortiz v liddell fight if ortiz actually fought with his normal style. last time he tried to stay on his feet with liddell because he was saying ortiz isn't man enough to stand in the ring with liddell. well we see how that ended up, but imo the only reason liddell made that challenge was because he knew ortiz is one of the few people in the ufc that can actually take him to the ground. ortiz over liddell ftw

26. 08-11-2006 12:10 PM #166

i would prefer the ortiz v liddell fight if ortiz actually fought with his normal style. last time he tried to stay on his feet with liddell because he was saying ortiz isn't man enough to stand in the ring with liddell. well we see how that ended up, but imo the only reason liddell made that challenge was because he knew ortiz is one of the few people in the ufc that can actually take him to the ground. ortiz over liddell ftw

I totally agree with you......id rather see Ortiz than forrest.

Also on a side note Pride is coming over to the US and i think Fedor, Shogun and Coleman will be fighting.....i cant wait for this to happen!

27. 08-12-2006 12:19 AM #167
      UFC is watered down. They spread the good fights out too far. I don't think dana's gonna stick One of his babies in the ring with silva. Don't count on it. He knows what's up. Unless, he actually has that much faith in chuck.

When I watch pride about three quarters of the fights are Major. it's like watching 4 main events, On one pride. 3 and a half hours. it's cool. (the fujita-silva fight was bad as hell)

Pride vegas! anyone else got tix yet?

Modified by sickstyle83 at 9:22 PM 8-11-2006

28. 08-12-2006 12:28 AM #168
      And another thing, did you guys see when silva stepped in the ring on ufc. 80% of the fans didn't know who the hell he was. Pissed me off. the man deserves his respect. I know the true followers, and the ones who just picked it up. It seems like the new fans were in attendance that night.

As this thing becomes more mainstream, it gonna become wwe-esque. with the fans and shows. If it hasn't started already.

Modified by sickstyle83 at 9:30 PM 8-11-2006

Vehicles
      2009 Audi A4 2.0T
      08-12-2006 04:12 AM #169
      what do u mean wwe-esque?

pride in the US is gonna be weird....

30. 08-12-2006 05:49 AM #170
      I should be more respectful of UFC. I have been a fan for many years. I just don't like the direction that UFC has taken lately.

when I said "wwe-esque" I was mainly reffering to the fans who attend the events lately. I have been to a few, but within the past few, as it started showing on spike, It started getting more exposure. The fans boo at the fighters now. you know, stuff like that. And I think it's the newer fans. I don't know?

I just don't like the way the good fights are spaced between events. it's usually one or two main events. It's marketing, i know. but they are holding it back, to the point that I am dissapointed almost each time I watch.

Pride brings it, there is always more than a few good fights each time I watch it. I'm Always happy when I watch pride.

Pride is more international, global I should say. Ufc is mainly american fighters, they are good, don't get me wrong. but we are talking the difference of national and global (international). It's a bigger arena.

I am a long time UFC and Pride fan, but I have my preference.

31. 08-12-2006 11:36 AM #171
      Quote, originally posted by sickstyle83 »
      I don't think dana's gonna stick One of his babies in the ring with silva. Don't count on it. He knows what's up. Unless, he actually has that much faith in chuck.

but then i still have to bring up...why would he have put on that show at the last ppv if he doesn't want that

Quote, originally posted by sickstyle83 »
      And another thing, did you guys see when silva stepped in the ring on ufc. 80% of the fans didn't know who the hell he was.

and sadly enough it wasn't his first time in the octagon

32. 08-14-2006 07:50 AM #172
      IMHO i think Dana did want it in a way that Sylva come and fight Liddell. I just dont think UFC and Pride could agree on the 3 fight contract.

And yeah i think Sylva is like 1-3 in the octogan.........but, dont let that fool you one bit........he would bring it all night long to Liddell. Liddell has never fought anybody like Liddell.......just a bad style match up for liddell.

Modified by dubworld2.0t at 2:48 PM 8-14-2006

33. 08-14-2006 10:16 PM #173
      liddell would try to circle and loop on him, but silva comes from every angle, with every limb. He is a striking master. I don't think liddell has the skill, he's too sloppy.

34. 08-14-2006 10:19 PM #174
      nobody here is disagreeing with you

35. 08-14-2006 11:32 PM #175
      I know, i'm just throwin my thoughts out there. i'm not out for drama.

I would love to see the fight though. let's hope it goes through.

Page 5 of 1035 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast