September 13, 2006 Hello All - This thread will be the FAQ for the Golf V R32. Please keep in mind building the FAQ is a slow process (especially since the car hasn't hit our shores yet) so bear with me in the beginning. I promise, the FAQ will be just as extensive as the MKIV FAQ in due time.
Thanks for your understanding.
This is the Official "Frequently Asked Questions" and "Do-it-Yourself" thread for the Golf V R32. I will do my best to keep this as organized and as informative as possible. If you have some information that you would like to see added or come across a particular thread that deserves a spot, please be sure to IM me or another Moderator so that we can add it.
If you do not see the information you are looking for, don't forget to search both recent and archived threads. Many topics have been discussed in the past and there is a good chance you will be able to find some information on the subject you researching. If your search does not yield the information you are seeking, please don't hesitate to post.
Please keep in mind that it is still quite early since the car hasn't even been release in North America yet. As more products become available, more information will be posted here in the FAQ.
Don't forget to check out the MKV Forum FAQ and DIY Thread since there will be some threads that may prove to be useful for R32 owners as well.
**NOTE: THE MKV GOLF R32 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE WITH THE 3.6L FSI VR6 ENGINE; THIS INFORMATION IS CONFIRMED. DUE TO SIZE LIMITATIONS IN THE MK5 CHASSIS, VW WAS NOT ABLE TO OFFER THIS CONFIGURATION TO THE US MARKET. We will recieve a 3.2L (NON FSI) VR6 with Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) **
- Body: 3-door/5-door MKV GTI-style (US Spec only available in 3-door)
- Engine: 3.2L 15º VR6, 250 hp, 236 ft-lbs
- DSG: Yes (Optional 6-Speed available in European Models)
- Drive: 4-motion AWD (based on the Haldex system)
- Brakes: 345mm (13.6in) front, 310mm (12.2in) back, all vented
- HIDs: YES
- Bumper rub strips: NO
- Climatronic: YES
- Seats: Race-Style Recaro Seats (US spec car will not have these seats since they must comply with US safety standards)
- Trim: bushed aluminum
- Headliner: black
- Navigation System: Optional
- Steering: electromechanical steering system (2.9 turns lock-to-lock)
- Wheel: leather-wrapped, thicker with thumb cut-outs
- Arrival date in the US: August of 2007 as a 2008 model
- Number of cars produced for the US: 5000
- Price: MSRP = $32,850 (estimated)
2008 Volkswagen MKV R32
Transverse front engine, all-wheel drive