Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies: Handbags

1. 09-27-2006 01:29 AM #1
      For years now I've splurged on Coach bags, accessories, etc. Not as expensive as LV, Chanel, or Gucci, but definitely a treat here and there. I'm getting married next year, so I just bought my last purse for a loooong while.

It's Vera Bradley for me from now on.

What about the rest of you girls?

2. 09-27-2006 09:40 AM #2
      im not a girl, but my mom and fiance both have some coach/dolche and gabana (sp?)

my mom buys it for her most of the time as gifts for the holidays, but ive never seen the big deal in a $300 wallet

i dunno if that helps at all, maybe its like me and car parts

3. 09-27-2006 10:39 AM #3
      I bought my ex a handbag for Christmas one year... Not a pleasant experience. I didn't realize there were so many choices, damn. If it wasn't for the awesome sales girl at Neiman's I may have hung myself in the store. I ended up getting her a Dolce & Gabbana bag. It was nice.

4. Banned
      09-27-2006 12:50 PM #4
      I bought my wife a Dolce Gabbana purse last year after I recieved a nice bonus. Usually she buys herself Coach stuff, which seems almost better quality than the damn $1100 purse.

5. 09-27-2006 01:28 PM #5
      I'v bought my gf the following items which she all loves:

3 Coach Wristlest
      2 Coach Bags: Both Limited Edition Ones
      1 Coach Wallet: medium sized one to go with purse
      1 Coach Leather Tote: for work
      1 Burberry Bag: I got an awesome deal on it at the Burberry store and her eyes lit up so that's done.
      1 Gucci Bag: My favorite one, with the horse bit on the site in the brown

6. 09-27-2006 01:48 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by dras »
      I bought my wife a Dolce Gabbana purse last year after I recieved a nice bonus. Usually she buys herself Coach stuff, which seems almost better quality than the damn $1100 purse.

Yea, I spent about the same, and she had problems with it.... She's an ex now so, whatever... Haha. Her next BF can buy her a new one.

7. 09-27-2006 05:23 PM #7
      Louis Vuitton and Marc by Marc Jacobs for now. Expensive and bad habit.

I looovee the Chanel quilted ones, waayyyy too expensive though.

Vehicles
      2007 BMW 525i
      09-29-2006 04:23 PM #8
      I love my COACH and L.A.M.B. (the original LeSport Sac) bags

Its no Gucci or Chanel but its so nice to own something 'nice'

9. 09-30-2006 01:43 AM #9
      i've only bought my gf coach stuff.. she loves it

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 LB6Z GTI Chicago River Flood Salvage Edition
      10-01-2006 06:21 PM #10
      I have a TON of Vera Bradley bags (maybe 15 or so), a Roxy/Quiksilver bag screened with a Beatles Yellow Submarine cartoon, a plum corduroy Levi's messenger bag, a pink satiny embroidered messenger bag that was a gift from my fiance, a Lucky Brand canvas and suede tote, a black LeSportSac hobo, and some other miscellaneous totes and backpacks.

I very much want a L.A.M.B. bag and a Harvey's seatbelt bag. There's some more retired Vera Bradley I've got my eye on, as well.

Modified by crazyreesie at 6:22 PM 10-1-2006

11. 10-01-2006 11:16 PM #11
      I don't care what name brand it is really. I have Coach, D&B, Guess, Gap, Express, etc. I love clutches!

I don't believe it blowing hundreds on purses. I will only spend a hefty dollar if it's a bag that I know I will get a lot of use out of (i.e., black purses)

12. Banned
      10-03-2006 01:51 AM #12
      I just bought my wife a "tire" bag from Switzerland. They make bags out of recycled plastics and rubber.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      RIP Betty <3
      10-04-2006 04:16 PM #13
      just got my gucci bag and wallet ... kind of family tradition for the mothers to buy it for their daughters. mom threw in the wallet because shes cool as hell.

i have vera, coach, liz has nice bags so does kenneth cole. wow i cent even focus to think of what i have ... a closet section worth though.

cant really spend the money anymore though so i'll be in the same boat as you.

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-04-2006 05:49 PM #14
      ooo bags..

i love coach and prada.. i went to buy a LV bag, and they were rude... so i walked right across the mall and got a new coach bag and shoes for the same price!

handbags are like my drug haha

now... what is everyones feelings on fake bags? I hate them with a passion..

*em*
      fresh upgrade- 2013 2dr TR Golf R
      OG ride- 2003 imola 20th::25twentyeight

15. 10-04-2006 07:55 PM #15
      Wow in comparison my purse collection is definitely cheap and eclectic.

I love vintage bags, or ones made out of strange objects (I was carrying cigar boxes long before I started seeing them in the stores).

I have a hello kitty purse and wallet collection that is the envy of every girl under ten years old that I know.

I have a lot of purses from Asia and the Philippines, one of my favorite being the chinese takeout box done in silk.

If I won the lottery tommorow I think I'd splurge on LV pieces... I love the structured pieces... I'm glad this slouchy-hobo phase is passing... I'm strictly a handbag sort of gal... no mom straps allowed.

Vehicles
      2007 BMW 525i
      10-06-2006 08:47 AM #16
      Quote, originally posted by VwVixEn98 »

now... what is everyones feelings on fake bags? I hate them with a passion..

Its better to invest into ONE quality piece that you will have for life then spend the same amount of money on 10 fakes that will fall apart in a week

17. Member
      Vehicles
      RIP Betty <3
      10-06-2006 02:02 PM #17
      i love the ladies that walk around manhattan with these imitation louis bags ...
      with MW and a heart and a star
      or
      SL with a insane design and a apple

when i see them going to buy them i just want to be like honey ... take the 6 to canal and do it right if your going to bother faking it haha

love them just love them!

Vehicles
      10 A3
      10-06-2006 07:20 PM #18
      I am a dedicated coach girl. For the fast few years it is all I have ever owned. I take care of them so they look in really good condition. Just picked up a new one this weekend and few belts for a friend. But I must confess - I only shop at the outlets.

19. 10-12-2006 02:37 PM #19
      Love this thread...I was looking through the fashion forum and it seems to be predominately male...surprisingly enough.
      I am obsessed with designer bags...seriously...obsessed.
      I rock a lot of Coach stuff on a daily basis...I love the limited editions and the patchwork.
      My latest obsession is Gucci's 85th anniversary collection...I would be lost without my boston bag and my horsebit bag.
      Lastly...I leave my luggage to Louis Vuitton. Have the Keepall 55, the medium beauty trunk, and I just bought the new Carryall as a birthday present to myself. I have a lot of bags to get rid of too so if you are remotely interested...check the FS thread every now and then.

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R, 2012 Q5. 04 R32 sold
      10-13-2006 12:12 AM #20
      Quote, originally posted by VeeDubbDiva »
      I have a lot of bags to get rid of too so if you are remotely interested...check the FS thread every now and then.

Anything you might want to sell currently? My wife's into those crazy designer bags. I've learned to appreciate some of them, but I still think the prices are ridiculous . She's currently eyeing a Chloe bag.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      RIP Betty <3
      10-20-2006 10:44 AM #21
      ooooooo goodluck with that one.

22. 10-23-2006 08:39 PM #22
      i will most likely be a dedicated coach customer for life. they are the only bags i don't get sick of after like a week!

23. 10-26-2006 03:11 PM #23
      i used to work at Coach...get a job there, the discount is 50% off everything......

24. Member
      Vehicles
      every car ever
      10-29-2006 07:15 PM #24
      haha i hate that i found these fashion forums...my girlfriend works at coach..at the end of evry month its"lukkkeee by me this bag i can get it for 60% off now" haha shes to cute tho

25. Member
      Vehicles
      RIP Betty <3
      10-30-2006 08:29 AM #25
      Love this thread...I was looking through the fashion forum and it seems to be predominately male...surprisingly enough.
      I am obsessed with designer bags...seriously...obsessed.
      I rock a lot of Coach stuff on a daily basis...I love the limited editions and the patchwork.
      My latest obsession is Gucci's 85th anniversary collection...I would be lost without my boston bag and my horsebit bag.
      Lastly...I leave my luggage to Louis Vuitton. Have the Keepall 55, the medium beauty trunk, and I just bought the new Carryall as a birthday present to myself. I have a lot of bags to get rid of too so if you are remotely interested...check the FS thread every now and then.

let me know

Vehicles
      996 C4S, Unnecessarily large truck, bike
      11-01-2006 07:20 PM #26

Lastly...I leave my luggage to Louis Vuitton. Have the Keepall 55, the medium beauty trunk, and I just bought the new Carryall as a birthday present to myself.

Most of the Gucci stuff went a little downhill after Tom Ford left. The newer stuff just doesn't have the flair that Tom's stuff did. I'm still out on the newer Marc Jacobs stuff from Louis Vuitton, their men's fashion has never really piqued my interest that much anyway. I really want a 55 myself, I would never buy any of their luggage that I couldn't carry-on though, it just screams "steal my isht!"

How the hell did I end up in this thread anyway?

Vehicles
      Mk6 JSW TDI and Mk4 Jetta VR6
      11-02-2006 02:21 PM #27
      Im sucker for handbags. Usually every year I buy myself one really nice one. I have tons of handbags in all sizes.

Favorites
      1. Fendi
      2. Burberry
      3. Coach
      4. Kate Spade
      5. Kenneth Cole

I also get other from like Target or Gap. I love handbags. As for the ones who use the fake ones you can usually tell which ones they are. Some of them come really close to looking like the real ones. But if you buy the real ones you know that you are getting what you pay for.

Modified by VdubGoddess at 7:58 PM 11-2-2006

Brewtus
      Forever you will be missed.
      Nov 26, 2004 - Feb 20, 2009

28. 11-02-2006 07:38 PM #28
      i HIGHLY doubt Tom Ford had a thing to do with accessories, besides, he was a creative director, not a "designer"

29. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      11-03-2006 04:00 PM #29
      Bought a Coach Purse for an Ex-GF once, and a few months later was very close to having it stolen from a lovely citizen of south phoenix. When it comes to girls and the money they spend on clothes, bags, heels, etc... I always think about how many bush dives it would get met at the Alaskan Bush Company...........................and it usually ends up being a lot

EDIT: Coach not couch

Th(e/a)n

30. Member
      Vehicles
      RIP Betty <3
      11-13-2006 11:46 AM #30
      o boy ... added another gucci to the collection this weekend

31. 11-20-2006 10:52 PM #31
      I'm not a lady but when I was with my girl I bought her a few coach, dolce and vera bradley bags, bracelets That sh*t ain't cheap either

Vehicles
      Z4 Coupe. A4, VeraCruz
      11-22-2006 01:30 PM #32
      Quote, originally posted by Vdub BELLA »

Its better to invest into ONE quality piece that you will have for life then spend the same amount of money on 10 fakes that will fall apart in a week

i have seen some quality fakes that have lasted for many years...

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean doesn’t become dirty

33. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Benz C300
      11-24-2006 11:35 PM #33
      i swear by coach. it's the only brand i generally buy nowadays. i would consider a burberry one for my next purchase however.

my two fave purses of all time that i've owned were actually pretty cheap. one was a purple hippy-ish patchwork bag with a screen shot from the movie "labyrinth." the other was made from the seats of a mkI rabbit. they are much too unprofessional for my conservative employer.

34. 11-29-2006 06:14 PM #34
      I have two LV bags, but I don't carry them very often. I have to be in the mood but I LOVE THEM. It is a very expensive habit, especially since I also bought one pair of LV shoes and one pair of Prada shoes....it's an addiction. I really want a Balenciaga bag, but I'm afraid it's going to have to wait for now.

Most of the time I use a Parcel bag that I bought at Urban Outfitters. It holds all my crap no problem.

35. 11-30-2006 02:35 PM #35
      I'm a loyal Coach customer. My wonderful fiance gave me a small black one last Christmas that I swear I have used/worn every single day since. I have several other Coach bags and I don't consider them a "splurge" as much as an "investment." They are such good quality, they will NEVER tear apart. The little black one actually got completely drenched in a torrential downpour and after it dried you would have never known - it looked good as new and still going strong. I love Coach.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast