Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Results 1,401 to 1,435 of 1783

Thread: the JEEPS only thread!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      07-13-2012 03:25 PM #1401
      Quote Originally Posted by 972SLOW View Post
      You drive all the way to york to wheel but dont go to treverton, shamokin, or centralia? If this is true, you sir are crazy theres some great trails up there and you can ride all day and not be on the same trail.
      I get the reading anthracite company land use permit.
      So yes, I legally ride a lot the trails in that area, burma road, behind the 901 pub, st claire...
      I've crossed the crack on the abandon section of 61 south of centrailia too, which is marked on RAC's map, not sure how much they specifically own though.
      The spot outside delta pa (york) is the closest to me believe it or not.

The new outdoor adventure park or whatever it's called below Treverton is on my list, just haven't been up that way yet, but we used to ride near whaleback damn near a decade ago...
      Last edited by deucestudios; 07-13-2012 at 03:29 PM.
      5.3L Wrangler work in progress
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      "Less Forethought, More Welding"

Vehicles
      2013 TSX, 2014 JKU Willys, 2005 Key West 186CC
      07-13-2012 03:40 PM #1402
      Quote Originally Posted by 972SLOW View Post
      Difficulty ranges from easy to difficult depending where you go there and if you know the trails. I warn you now, scope any pit before entering unless you see someone go through it as there are some that will swallow your rig and you but look harmless. Alot of it is nice clay up there and real soupy. Step in it and lose your boot. The main trails are easy riding and you could even take a car down some if you wanted (ive seen it done at highspeeds ) Pretty much everyone goes there and gets trashed. As far as directions hop on 61n and ride it all the way up. Go past old 61 and its like i wana say 20 minutes or so past mt carmel. Once you get up there, theres locals that will help you out and stuff but dont go solo. Very small world. Glad to see another local on here. (95% of these pictures dont show up for me) whats your rig? Also a heads up, if your rolling on some a/t's that arent very many plys then i would recomend bringing plugs and a pump as theres some debris up there from the locals. I cut 3 sidewalls on my 35x12.50's but plugged them to get me home. I now ride on 35x10.50 boggers which are 6 ply so i no longer have to worry about that.
      Thanks...my rigs a 2005 LJ, 2inch lift, 31X10.5 Duratracs Im in the process of monstalining it...pretty mild and mostly stock as you can see. I am worried about my tires as if you are familar the duratracs are an AT, although a very agressive one at that. Why do you say not to go up alone..get lost, get stuck, hear banjos?

If you decide to go sometime hit me up...Id like to wheel for a day.

Vehicles
      1978 SUBURBAN LIFTED WITH 35 BOGGERS AND A BUILT 350, JEEP, BUICK, low mileage 337
      07-13-2012 03:43 PM #1403
      Quote Originally Posted by deucestudios View Post
      I get the reading anthracite company land use permit.
      So yes, I legally ride a lot the trails in that area, burma road, behind the 901 pub, st claire...
      I've crossed the crack on the abandon section of 61 south of centrailia too, which is marked on RAC's map, not sure how much they specifically own though.
      The spot outside delta pa (york) is the closest to me believe it or not.

The new outdoor adventure park or whatever it's called below Treverton is on my list, just haven't been up that way yet, but we used to ride near whaleback damn near a decade ago...
      Oh alright, i was under the impression for some reason that you never venture that way. Yea i have heard word that your supposed to have a reading anthracite permit but honestly i have never even seen one before and i have been going there for years. I also heard they only give out a very small number of permits a year and they are only available at a certain time so if this is true i wouldnt end up with one anyways as im sure the locals buy them out. Those are all good areas as well personally on the way up every time i love stopping at the old 61 and checking the cracks in the road as well as the new grafitti. Im not sure how much you have ridin up there but pretty much all the trails and pits have names like smurfs pond, mud rd, mud ln, the sands, the clay pits, etc. I believe its mud ln thats the worst one up there. Pretty much just really deep clay to the point where you have trouble even walking through it but i have seen some high dollar machines get stuck there as well as a stock rover on mudders make it through on the sidelines so i guess really as long as you have experience and arent stupid about it you will be fine.
      They finally got around to doing the outdoor park? I havnt been up there in close to a year but last time i was the locals were all pissed off because of talk about shutting down all the trails and making a park but then there would be no more drinking, camping, or other shenanigans. Hopefully its still good up there. Im sad to see everytime i go up its more and more destroyed by people dumping junk and whatever else.
      Quote Originally Posted by Chaoz View Post
      Psh speak for yourself whips and blacks are no longer friends.. **** whipped creme even makes me quiver

Vehicles
      1978 SUBURBAN LIFTED WITH 35 BOGGERS AND A BUILT 350, JEEP, BUICK, low mileage 337
      07-13-2012 03:54 PM #1404
      Quote Originally Posted by horsty69 View Post
      Thanks...my rigs a 2005 LJ, 2inch lift, 31X10.5 Duratracs Im in the process of monstalining it...pretty mild and mostly stock as you can see. I am worried about my tires as if you are familar the duratracs are an AT, although a very agressive one at that. Why do you say not to go up alone..get lost, get stuck, hear banjos?

If you decide to go sometime hit me up...Id like to wheel for a day.
      Nice, dont see too many newer rigs up there but all the main trails are plenty wide enough that you wont need to worry about scratchs until you get to the good trails. Clearance wise you should be fine for the most part just got to watch the lines you take. As long as they are meaty you will be fine tread wise but if they are only like 2 ply then just know that you are warned. I went many times before having tire issues but that one time was enough to make me upgrade. I dont recomend wheeling anywhere alone honestly for obvious reasons but i dont recomend going solo up there because you can get lost easily, or if you break down, run out of gas, get stuck, run into a pack of coyotes (yes there are many and even some bear) I rolled up in a buddys cherokee previously and we got it stuck. Burried up to the hood in clay (he has 4" lift and 34" tsl's) and his winch line was long but 2 feet shy of the nearest tree. We ended up sitting there for about an hour or two before a local found us and pulled us out. He then told us about how nobody enters that pit really because its soo soupy. It was our own faults though as it was one of few pits we never tried and alcohol gets the best of you. While its on my head i recomend a snorkel as well. Ive seen many people hydrolock up there. You can get away without one but its recomended.
      I run a 78 suburban with a 4" lift, 35's, and no snorkel until now but when i ripped my engine apart my oil pan was caked in mud and i know i had water in there many times. Im wreckless though on the trails. We baja the rocky trails at like 35mph where the back ends starting to slide out on ya. Ill be sure to keep you in mind though for future rides. IM trying to get something together soon so i can take my kx or blaster up as i havnt had either up there yet.
      Psh speak for yourself whips and blacks are no longer friends.. **** whipped creme even makes me quiver

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      07-13-2012 09:54 PM #1405

Cugar Buttes, Lucerne Valley CA. We ran the Bull Frog and Cake Walk Trails. Technical and fun.
      Crevier MINI

Vehicles
      '90 corrado VR6; '00 GTI VR6; '93 Jeep Wrangler
      07-21-2012 03:24 PM #1406
      beach yesterday - northern california. sun finally came out, and i finished my '93 YJ's 8.8 swap/SOA a couple weeks ago. now i just gotta find some money for some new tires...

Vehicles
      YJ, G35x, OG Legacy
      07-30-2012 03:36 PM #1407
      Here's a couple pics the GF took from a trail ride we did this past weekend.
      (The Jeep is on the Numbered NF road!)

Vehicles
      STUPID YELLOW CAR
      08-13-2012 02:11 PM #1408

mine
      DUBAUDI

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '98 A4. PSS9 and more to come
      08-16-2012 10:05 PM #1409
      The more I check this thread the more I desire a jeep as a second car and not a mki jetta coupe. Hope I can afford a 4 door jk someday.

Vehicles
      2013 TSX, 2014 JKU Willys, 2005 Key West 186CC
      08-21-2012 12:22 PM #1410
      Quote Originally Posted by silvermannn View Post
      The more I check this thread the more I desire a jeep as a second car and not a mki jetta coupe. Hope I can afford a 4 door jk someday.
      stay away from this thread...Jeeps are a contagious lifelong affliction.....if you dont listen to me you will end up living out of the back of your pristine jacked up JKU with maxed out credit cards and mud crusted on your clothing,and your face will still look like this

Vehicles
      1985 VW Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition
      08-24-2012 01:18 AM #1411
      I'm not going to lie, but I was some what disappointed with this thread

I've loved jeeps since I was little because my dad has a 74 cj5, and that's what got me hooked on jeeps, but looking through this entire thread I've only saw a couple willies, one wagon (freaking loved that one the most), a couple cj's, an old school chief grand cherokee, and only a couple old j10's, I was quite surprised seeing brutas here, seen photos of that truck every where

but this thread had mostly cherokee's and new yj's and tj's and even the new goofy jeeps, I just dont care about new jeeps and cherokee's they are every where, and when I read "JEEP only thread" i thought it was going to be a bunch of old school jeeps, but i guess I was misled

but oh well, here is my old odd jeep, he has been put aside for now, work will continue on him in the future

but he is an old 84 jeep J10

clean
      Photobucket

and dirty (after finding a little mud hole)
      Photobucket

Vehicles
      '55 Ford 351C, '80 Typ 17 AAZ, '88 Typ 53b 9A
      08-24-2012 01:27 AM #1412
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbukowy View Post
      clean
      Photobucket

and dirty (after finding a little mud hole)
      Photobucket
      I like it! I miss my Gladiator, J2000 shortbed, 327 Vigilante, 4 speed.

Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '86 Scirocco PL, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 01:38 AM #1413
      holly cow

such a good looking truck Irocz, Ive seen a couple J2000's and a J3000's and one J10, some had the 327 vigilante and others with a straight 6, i cant remember which one i saw were long beds instead, but they were all in pick n pull, just so sad, they had them for sale at a very cheap price too but i didnt have the money to buy them at the time

but i love the V8 360 in mine, but the transmission and transfer case has to go though, seriously no numbers on them so i cant get any info on them and cant figure out what they are lol

14. Banner Advertiser Chris@Revo USA's Avatar
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      08-24-2012 10:11 AM #1414
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbukowy View Post
      I'm not going to lie, but I was some what disappointed with this thread

but this thread had mostly cherokee's and new yj's and tj's and even the new goofy jeeps, I just dont care about new jeeps and cherokee's they are every where, and when I read "JEEP only thread" i thought it was going to be a bunch of old school jeeps, but i guess I was misled

sigh..

Yes of course let's not forget the "rule" that any jeep 1 model year newer then the one we happen to own isn't a real jeep and should never be discussed...

Every Jeep pictured in this thread or being discussed is in fact a Jeep, how can the title be misleading when it simply says "the Jeeps only thread"?

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 03:11 PM #1415
      Well the thing is when I here the name Jeep, I think of the old cj's or scramblers and willies and wagons, and the full size jeeps like the j10s and the wagoneers and chief cherokees

I've seen so many Cherokees I just don't care for them, and the tj's and yj's and the Rubicons are all to new and just don't really like them for some reason, hey look good but it seems like some thing is missing, but I don't know

Every one has their preferences, and I prefer older jeeps

Vehicles
      2010 Audi S4 Prestige, 1987 Grady White 206G Overnighter, 2010 Audi A4 P+ (Hers)
      08-28-2012 05:37 PM #1416
      And that is where any debate about this issue ends. This isn't the place to discuss that, start a new thread if you'd like to continue this line of thought. Thanks.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      08-29-2012 01:55 PM #1417
      For 972SLOW:

Last edited by deucestudios; 08-29-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Vehicles
      08-29-2012 02:13 PM #1418
      For 972SLOW:

thanks man. Looks like some familiar spots. Bringing back some memorys. Looks like your yj came a long way from the backyard find. You get it stuck or broken yet? Cage looks good man. Keep it up

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf TDI, 2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
      08-29-2012 04:22 PM #1419
      -Obama Sucks-

Vehicles
      '14 Chevy Volt- ALL black ---- '99 XJ 6"-Aussied d44-35" TSL-XRC8
      09-01-2012 11:44 AM #1420
      Should not have stumbled back into this thread. Makes me want to get my jeep running again. Electrical gremlins have had it parked for 2 years now.

From her Glory Days:

Aaron
      PSN: RealPower5

21. Member
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI, 98 Cherokee
      09-08-2012 07:55 PM #1421
      Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
      Should not have stumbled back into this thread. Makes me want to get my jeep running again. Electrical gremlins have had it parked for 2 years now.
      How could you let the poor XJ sit for 2 years. Find a part out and buy the harness, swap it in and go.

Finished my HD Offroad mid-stiffeners last weekend (front and rear stiffeners to go) and I scored an awesome deal on a Rough Country long arm upgrade
      06 GLI
      98 Jeep Cherokee

22. Member
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      09-10-2012 10:35 AM #1422
      Got another one.
      Not keeping it.

'98, 4.0L, 5 speed, 3.07 hp30 & chrysler8.25 (29 spline), crank windows.
      New clutch 10k ago, new muffler & tailpipe, new cooling system.

23. Banner Advertiser Chris@Revo USA's Avatar
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      09-10-2012 11:15 AM #1423
      Got another one.
      Not keeping it.

'98, 4.0L, 5 speed, 3.07 hp30 & chrysler8.25 (29 spline), crank windows.
      New clutch 10k ago, new muffler & tailpipe, new cooling system.

Selling? parting? modifying?

I'd love to get my hands on that 3.07 hp30 I can't find one in the local pull a parts, don't really feel like buying one just to regear it. I think I found a few 3.73 and 3.55s, maybe a 4.10 locally. If any are what you'd want let me know I can bring one to WV with me and then meet with you to swap.. dead serious

24. Member
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      09-10-2012 12:34 PM #1424
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      Selling? parting? modifying?

I'd love to get my hands on that 3.07 hp30 I can't find one in the local pull a parts, don't really feel like buying one just to regear it. I think I found a few 3.73 and 3.55s, maybe a 4.10 locally. If any are what you'd want let me know I can bring one to WV with me and then meet with you to swap.. dead serious
      Selling.
      Sent ya a PM about the axle.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      1983 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler
      09-11-2012 10:12 PM #1425
      I recently drove my '83 Scrambler from Denver to San Francisco via Moab and Tahoe. It was like riding a horse for four days.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Civic, 1986 Thunderbird TC
      09-16-2012 08:22 PM #1426

Picked her up Friday morning, 2.5l, 5sp - rebuilt the transfer case, rebuilt the top end of the engine and she runs like a champ. $1500 came with hard top and bikini tops. I'm going to pull the interior and rhinoline the interior next weekend.

Its great I havent had a Jeep since my 77 CJ7. Big tires coming soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
      I've got a bunch of high end vintage audio gear I'm clearing out, restored Marantz 4270 - better than new condition; Pioneer SX-5590, 8/10; Concept 16.5, 8/10 cosmetically - 10/10 function. Various high end vintage speakers: Rectilinear Research, AR, Kenwood, Infinity, McIntosh, Leslie 251. PM me for details, clearing out to finance home theater upgrade.

Vehicles
      mk5 and cx-5 /ex mk4 owner
      10-03-2012 09:29 AM #1427
      Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post

From her Glory Days:

is that Casparis or creek falls pa?
      some of my brothers. we wheel in western pa. im looking to get back into it soon.

Last edited by scirockalot8v; 10-03-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Vehicles
      2010 Audi S4 Prestige, 1987 Grady White 206G Overnighter, 2010 Audi A4 P+ (Hers)
      10-03-2012 11:18 AM #1428
      Is it just me, or are 3/4 of the pictures in this thread showing Jeeps having a good time taken in PA? When are we having a ?id=959 trip to Centralia et. al.??

29. Junior Member
      10-11-2012 12:09 AM #1429
      My tj is going back on the road in the next month! I can't wait to drive in the snow, and happy I won't need to take my low tdi out.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-19-2012 10:20 AM #1430
      Urban offroading

Have a Rock Krawler 2.5" lift sitting in my basement and just ordered shocks and an exhaust spacer yesterday.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-19-2012 10:21 AM #1431
      Quote Originally Posted by robbyb413 View Post
      Is it just me, or are 3/4 of the pictures in this thread showing Jeeps having a good time taken in PA? When are we having a ?id=959 trip to Centralia et. al.??
      There's actually wheeling to be done up there. There's really no place like Rausch Creek anywhere in MD or Eastern WV. I've heard GW national forest has trails, but I've heard they're just kind of meh.

Vehicles
      2003 Silverstone Grey 1.8T GTI|1990 Tornado Red G60 Corrado |2012 3.6L M/T Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
      10-26-2012 12:48 AM #1432
      Went wheeling up in Boulder with some friends.

---------------------
      Bleifrei ------------
      Unleaded ----------
      Sans Plomb -------
      SpoonfedTuning

33. n00b
      Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0
      11-13-2012 06:46 AM #1433
      Very nice pictures.

I''ve got a Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 stock and I'm amazed how good it is is off-road. Better then other stock 4x4s I've owned.

Vehicles
      4x4
      11-13-2012 11:55 AM #1434
      Great pics Hydro, thanks for sharing.

35. Junior Member
      11-15-2012 11:23 PM #1435
      Last time out

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast