Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Thread: Austin Area GTGs

    1. Member Khunez's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2009
      Location
      Austin TX
      Posts
      1,643
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      05-08-2012 02:38 PM #31801
      tues....next tues...D IA B L O!!!
      Art
      WWW.JoshCoons.blogspot.com
      Music
      http://www.mixcloud.com/BossFight/
      Retired: 04 r32 turbo, 04 Audi tt 225, 04 r32 bmp, 07 audi Rs4

    2. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-08-2012 02:50 PM #31802
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      Good numbers Mark! If you want to make your bench number sky rocket check out you tube series "so you think you can bench" it'll bring your numbers down for a little as you get the form down but it's easier on your shoulders and uses your entire body to move the weight.

      Now you got me all motivated, I'm about your weight but my squat numbers are hit or miss. I haven't done a one rep max in forever but your squat is pretty close to where mine is.

      Good luck, remember numbers aren't worth an injury.
      Thanks Shawn. The coaches I've been working with have been just that, coaches with an emphasis on training over just adding weight and getting "big". If I hit this max that I want to hit then I will be a happy man and have a work out adjusted to maintain my weight and muscle balance You are certainly right about numbers not being worth an injury. When I go to Gold's Gym to lift from time to time I see dudes get hurt ALLLL THE TIME trying to lift way too much

    3. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,424
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      05-08-2012 03:08 PM #31803
      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      WOOT!!! Can't wait man!!! I got my rig all nice and fresh by throwing in a new SSD for the operating system and BattleField 3 It just needs the 560ti!!!
      No doubt. Gotta pack that up
      @jayyyw

    4. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-08-2012 05:55 PM #31804
      Quote Originally Posted by Lolasaurus_Rex View Post
      No doubt. Gotta pack that up
      See how that friendly reminder worked?!?! See ya this weekend.

    5. Member Morio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      11,486
      Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-08-2012 05:59 PM #31805
      no DH for me.... like always.... but I am in town next week so I am adding it to my calendar!!

      be safe tonight

    6. Member fuquar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2004
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,474
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat
      05-08-2012 06:19 PM #31806
      Does anybody have some extra coax cable (used to hook-up cable to your TV) laying around?

      I need about a 10' piece. Thanks.
      Back in the saddle again!

      RIP MkIII Jetta. 6 years, 160k miles and countless memories.
      Gone too soon, 2007 9-3 Aero Sport-Combi.

    7. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,574
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      05-08-2012 07:05 PM #31807
      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      Interesting. I'll pass that on to my co-worker. I cleaned the contact for the sensor and she thinks that fixed it so she might have gotten lucky and all it needed was a cleaning. I will hear about it for sure though if its broke again
      To Mark or Cort, which sensor did u clean exactly? My car's abs light has been giving me issues like that. It goes on for a day and off for like a week or two, then on again. I tried the cleaning part but not sure if Im cleaning the right section with the right cleaning solution. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    8. Member jseeley's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2008
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      2,062
      Vehicles
      85 Golf Diesel, 87 Cabriolet, 97 Jetta VR6, 03 TDI Wagon
      05-08-2012 07:06 PM #31808
      Quote Originally Posted by fuquar View Post
      Does anybody have some extra coax cable (used to hook-up cable to your TV) laying around?

      I need about a 10' piece. Thanks.
      No 10 footers to spare, but walmart is your easy/cheap bet... I think I saw a 25ft one there for like $8-10 pretty recently...
      In Soviet Russia, car drives you!
      ___________________________

      .:Mk512

    9. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,806
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      05-08-2012 07:35 PM #31809
      Dollar store for cheap coaxle
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Austin/Pflugerville, TX
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      '14 tdi beetle convertible premium
      05-08-2012 08:04 PM #31810
      Quote Originally Posted by fuquar View Post
      Does anybody have some extra coax cable (used to hook-up cable to your TV) laying around?

      I need about a 10' piece. Thanks.
      Send me a pm I've got extra you can have.

    11. Member fuquar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2004
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,474
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat
      05-08-2012 08:31 PM #31811
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      Dollar store for cheap coaxle
      The ironic part is that I used to have a bunch of cords, but through all my moving in the last couple of years, got rid of it all.

      On a side note though, I do have a bunch of extra power strips and some miscellaneous A/V cables if anyone needs some. Otherwise they're going to Goodwill
      Back in the saddle again!

      RIP MkIII Jetta. 6 years, 160k miles and countless memories.
      Gone too soon, 2007 9-3 Aero Sport-Combi.

    12. Member NAYLOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2008
      Location
      ATX
      Posts
      351
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      05-08-2012 11:06 PM #31812
      Quote Originally Posted by fuquar View Post
      Does anybody have some extra coax cable (used to hook-up cable to your TV) laying around?

      I need about a 10' piece. Thanks.
      If you are trying for HD signal you need at least RG6 Coax( there is another step above RG6 like RG7or8 but RG6 is the minimum). I may have some extra Footage laying around, raw and a coax stripper and connectors, I cut my own. I'll check and post back up.

      I buy all my cables from monoprice.com. No better source for high quality cables at wholesale price. Equal standard to most of the major high-end cable manufacturers at pennies on the dollar. Monster grade HDMI 10' cables for less than $10. Gold connections and everything you would want direct from the manufacture. Example: I bought the exact same surround sound speaker brackets that bestbuy sells for $19.99 a piece for $6.99 for the pair on monoprice.com. Check it out. My X-father-in-law was a brilliant electrical engineer who swore by their products and was a SONY die-hard at the same time.

    13. Member yivek's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2010
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      1,438
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition, 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP
      05-09-2012 12:37 AM #31813
      Quote Originally Posted by NAYLOR View Post
      .

      I buy all my cables from monoprice.com. No better source for high quality cables at wholesale price. Equal standard to most of the major high-end cable manufacturers at pennies on the dollar. Monster grade HDMI 10' cables for less than $10. Gold connections and everything you would want direct from the manufacture. Example: I bought the exact same surround sound speaker brackets that bestbuy sells for $19.99 a piece for $6.99 for the pair on monoprice.com. Check it out. My X-father-in-law was a brilliant electrical engineer who swore by their products and was a SONY die-hard at the same time.
      x2 on Monoprice, it is where I have gotten all my HDMI cables; a buddy of mine turned me on to them a while ago and I always recommend them. Also, I have a shrink wrapped pack of coax from a previous cable company. If you want it, it is yours, I am going to say it it 15' plus, just PM me and you can have it.
      2001 Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition

    14. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-09-2012 09:02 AM #31814
      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      To Mark or Cort, which sensor did u clean exactly? My car's abs light has been giving me issues like that. It goes on for a day and off for like a week or two, then on again. I tried the cleaning part but not sure if Im cleaning the right section with the right cleaning solution. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
      Joe, I can't recall exactly where the sensor was. If I got under the hood again I could point it out. All we did was use a can of compressed air and a rag to wipe it down. re-plugged it in and it was good to go. I can go look under her hood again to try and give you a better idea. Hope yours is just the sensor!

    15. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,100
      Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      05-09-2012 09:27 AM #31815
      Under the hood? Do you mean you cleaned the contacts for the ABS module Mark? The sensors are at the four corners of the car.

      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      Joe, I can't recall exactly where the sensor was. If I got under the hood again I could point it out. All we did was use a can of compressed air and a rag to wipe it down. re-plugged it in and it was good to go. I can go look under her hood again to try and give you a better idea. Hope yours is just the sensor!


    16. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-09-2012 09:57 AM #31817
      Sorry i'm bored waiting for this gotomeeting to start and the people hosting the meeting are LATE!!! I hate tardiness when its the person hosting the meeting!! /rant

      WAY TO GO VW!!!! TDI FTMFW!!! 1626.1 on one TANK!!!

      http://jalopnik.com/5908578/stock-vo...e-tank-of-fuel

    17. Member chuckoslovakia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2011
      Location
      ATX 31
      Posts
      456
      Vehicles
      1990 964 C4
      05-09-2012 10:14 AM #31818
      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      WAY TO GO VW!!!! TDI FTMFW!!! 1626.1 on one TANK!!!

      http://jalopnik.com/5908578/stock-vo...e-tank-of-fuel
      Great excuse to help my Mom get rid of her Prius!
      (O:o)====(o:O)

    18. Member atx-g60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2007
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,007
      Vehicles
      2002 SAAB 9-3, 01 PT Cruiser, 07 kawasaki ninja
      05-09-2012 11:27 AM #31819
      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      im sure it'll happen.
      i'm still hoping youngmans will come through and just by the 9-3 plan. who knows though.

      and just when i thought i've seen it all, on my way to work i saw some truck nuts that blinked with the turn indicators. what is this world coming to?

    19. Member younganimater35's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2008
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2004 TR .:R32
      05-09-2012 02:47 PM #31820
      ok so, im just toying the idea around, I will not get rid of my car unless I absolutely cannot afford to keep it (unlikely but just in case,) I was wondering what a good fuel efficient replacement would be, that would be light and fun to drive? I have in my mind the Audi TT 1.8t quattro, but i dont think i love the interior

    20. Member JakkoVR's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      2,749
      Vehicles
      B6 A4 Avant
      05-09-2012 02:50 PM #31821
      Get a mk2
      Pre93

    21. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,806
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      05-09-2012 02:54 PM #31822
      The TT is actually heavier strange right I guess its all the "accessories". like I tell everyone For a DD get away from VW (please note I said this even before I got the M)
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    22. Member Morio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      11,486
      Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      05-09-2012 03:27 PM #31823
      Quote Originally Posted by younganimater35 View Post
      ok so, im just toying the idea around, I will not get rid of my car unless I absolutely cannot afford to keep it (unlikely but just in case,) I was wondering what a good fuel efficient replacement would be, that would be light and fun to drive? I have in my mind the Audi TT 1.8t quattro, but i dont think i love the interior
      lol.... then definitely don't get one

      Quote Originally Posted by JakkoVR View Post
      Get a mk2
      not a bad option

      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      The TT is actually heavier strange right I guess its all the "accessories". like I tell everyone For a DD get away from VW (please note I said this even before I got the M)
      I believe this too.....

    23. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,100
      Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      05-09-2012 03:33 PM #31824
      I had a good post going then lost it so... Over VW what do you recommend he buys for a DD?

      Where is bmwvortex? Oh wait, that many douchers on the net would cause a black hole

    24. Member chuckoslovakia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2011
      Location
      ATX 31
      Posts
      456
      Vehicles
      1990 964 C4
      05-09-2012 03:38 PM #31825
      Quote Originally Posted by younganimater35 View Post
      ok so, im just toying the idea around, I will not get rid of my car unless I absolutely cannot afford to keep it (unlikely but just in case,) I was wondering what a good fuel efficient replacement would be, that would be light and fun to drive? I have in my mind the Audi TT 1.8t quattro, but i dont think i love the interior
      I'll trade
      (O:o)====(o:O)

    Page 1273 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 273773117312231263126912701271127212731274127512761277128313231373 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •