VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Austin Area GTGs

2M views 38K replies 483 participants last post by  Vegeta Gti 
#1 · (Edited)
Austin Area GTGs n stuff.

WELCOME TO THE AUSTIN AREA VW/AUDI GTG THREAD

This thread goes pretty quick and is sometimes hard to follow but if you're a VW/Audi enthusiast and want to get involved with the VW/Audi community in the area then hit reply and introduce yourself!

We have weekly get togethers at the Draught House Pub (DH) every Tuesday night at 8pm.

The DH is on the corner of 42nd and Medical Pkwy. We usually park across the street so we can all back in next to each other. Photo ops yo! :pic:

MAP

See less See more
#32,062 ·
#32,067 · (Edited)
I can dig some bassnectar, haven't heard them in afewyears? How do you getfree tickets? Work I assume?

Tapatalk 2 via Galaxy S II
Bassnectar is from Cedar Park? :rolleyes: He plays in Austin all the time. :thumbup:

I tribute this post to my favorite Porsche ever built. The 917, and the baddest of the 917/30 was the can am model, that effectively killed all Can-Am racing because no one could beat them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYBtCJDQqqg

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/422/Porsche-917-30.html

#32,068 ·
I got the e mail at 5am and was hyped saw RHCP and was like okay... Then I saw weezer and got excited. I've seen them like 4 times live but not in the past 10yrs(I'm getting old)

#32,069 ·
Hmm will probably just take our two free tickets and do all day Saturday. Nothing REALLY jumps off the list at me, although I agree with mark about 101 I still have never seen them play live so that would be cool.
You're not missing much Kyle when it comes to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I mean they're a great band when I saw em live but it wasn't like "OMG!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!" I will side with alcohol and other medicinal drugs that will bring that excitement to the forefront when watching them perform :D

I must also say that I don't think last year's final act by Arcade Fire can be beaten for a while. It was truly an amazing show and I've seen them several times before. :heart:

#32,071 ·
Still do some weekends at Mellow Johnny's and we are owned partially by Bart Knags who owns CSE which created ACL. Bart is a good friend to have.

Mark I will be enjoying a decent amount of mind bending that day :)

I can dig some bassnectar, haven't heard them in afewyears? How do you getfree tickets? Work I assume?

Tapatalk 2 via Galaxy S II

#32,072 ·
Still do some weekends at Mellow Johnny's and we are owned partially by Bart Knags who owns CSE which created ACL. Bart is a good friend to have.

Mark I will be enjoying a decent amount of mind bending that day :)
Haha indeed my friend. That's the only way I can put up with the stupid people in the crowds at ACL (aka the ones who barge their way up to the front during the middle of the show having no respect for those sitting on the ground or simply enjoying a little personal space in a very tight spot :rolleyes:)

So DH tonight? Who's coming ? Anybody wanna pre-game? Just Text me. :wave:

#32,073 ·
Great news guys! We have a flag company using our software and they let me know they can produce any flag you want including automotive flags if they are not used for reselling purposes.

They are not live yet but plan to be by May 31st. here is a link to the site being built in case you want to buy a flag down the road!

https://store-a03c0.mybigcommerce.com/car-dealer-lot-flag-gallery/#ad-image-0

#32,074 ·
Screw acl and their limited release of tickets. 3 day sold out in less than 50mins. Wtf!!!

#32,079 · (Edited)
We found a good system to be just posting up just outside the main crowd. That way we just pivot the chairs and don't even move. The one thing I like about ACL is that when you bring out the safety tools instead of snagging yours EVERYONE suddenly has safe things to share.

I owe ya and am off at 4 but am headed right out the door to look at of all things a boat, maybe after? I have been wanting a nice old ski boat for a long time and came across what I think may be my new boat yesterday. Just what I needed and now it is time to work a deal. It has a 454 in it!

Haha indeed my friend. That's the only way I can put up with the stupid people in the crowds at ACL (aka the ones who barge their way up to the front during the middle of the show having no respect for those sitting on the ground or simply enjoying a little personal space in a very tight spot :rolleyes:)

So H tonight? Who's coming ? Anybody wanna pre-game? Just Text me. :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.