VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Austin Area GTGs

2M views 38K replies 483 participants last post by  Vegeta Gti 
#1 · (Edited)
Austin Area GTGs n stuff.

WELCOME TO THE AUSTIN AREA VW/AUDI GTG THREAD

This thread goes pretty quick and is sometimes hard to follow but if you're a VW/Audi enthusiast and want to get involved with the VW/Audi community in the area then hit reply and introduce yourself!

We have weekly get togethers at the Draught House Pub (DH) every Tuesday night at 8pm.

The DH is on the corner of 42nd and Medical Pkwy. We usually park across the street so we can all back in next to each other. Photo ops yo! :pic:

MAP

See less See more
#32,081 ·
Mark: How you liking the GFX card?
Its doing good John. I had some issues with Battlefield using some Nvidia beta drivers that were newer than the 296.10 drivers, but have since then switched back and all is well man. Fast card and I'm really considering putting my GTS 450 in as a physx card which is showing some amazing benchmarks for games that support it.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

#32,085 ·
Its doing good John. I had some issues with Battlefield using some Nvidia beta drivers that were newer than the 296.10 drivers, but have since then switched back and all is well man. Fast card and I'm really considering putting my GTS 450 in as a physx card which is showing some amazing benchmarks for games that support it.

Thanks again. :thumbup:
Yeah i was having trouble with the older drivers. Some youtube videos on certain settings would green screen. I updated to the latest drivers and all was well. Loved the card. But its time to upgrade card and monitor :)

Going to mod my h100 and put in a resevoir

#32,087 · (Edited)
headed right out the door to look at of all things a boat, maybe after? I have been wanting a nice old ski boat for a long time and came across what I think may be my new boat yesterday. Just what I needed and now it is time to work a deal. It has a 454 in it!
this has my attention, i spent alot of time on the water growing up, my dad has a Centurion something, and he just got rid of his Danzi, but if you need some help/support, moral or actual lol, with anything, let me know, ill help with anything you need, as long as we can take it out wakeboarding a few times:laugh: :beer: :beer:

Lolsauras, i just picked up a H60, nothing fancy, but ya know lol

#32,088 ·
So going to hit you up man. Surprising the lady friend with it for our wedding. I have two boats I am looking at. An 86 Supra and a 76 Master Craft. Both boats will need work but they are easy to work on (incredibly basic when you have been doing what I have for the last six years). All I will need to pay for is interior wrap which should be under $1500. We will see, all depends on how the hulls look.

this has my attention, i spent alot of time on the water growing up, my dad has a Centurion something, and he just got rid of his Danzi, but if you need some help/support, moral or actual lol, with anything, let me know, ill help with anything you need, as long as we can take it out wakeboarding a few times:laugh: :beer: :beer:

#32,089 ·
Yeah i was having trouble with the older drivers. Some youtube videos on certain settings would green screen. I updated to the latest drivers and all was well. Loved the card. But its time to upgrade card and monitor :)

Going to mod my h100 and put in a resevoir
Nice man. I got away from pumps and reservoirs from the last build I did. Just too much isht to manage, but what you've got planned sounds awesome :D Good luck!

H60's are the isht!!! I hope mine inspired you to pick one up. They are super cheap now. :thumbup:

#32,091 ·
I actually bought an H60 first. It was perfect at stock speeds and a slight overclock. But I wanted more and was able to push my i5 K to 5.0ghz at 1.424v and it wasn't enough to keep it cool. Really, even the H100 didn't keep it as cool as I wanted. But I think there was a few variables preventing maximum "coolage" Lol. So with a few mods to the heatsink and addition of a reservoir should bring temps down a good deal. :beer:

#32,094 ·
Sorry I didn't make it out this evening. Work is owning me for the next couple of weeks. We've been rebranding and remodeling our stores, so between mine and helping others, plus all my usual work, I've been way busy. Looking forward to seeing y'all in a couple of weeks.

#32,097 ·
At the g2g tonight, I mentioned what I thought was the best "gay" car ad put out by a car manufacturer.

This Volvo one is my favorite, I think you'll all get it. It was done in 2003 (when Ford owned Volvo) for the Sydney Mardi Gras (which is Australia's biggest gay parade/party) Program book.

#32,100 ·
I actually bought an H60 first. It was perfect at stock speeds and a slight overclock. But I wanted more and was able to push my i5 K to 5.0ghz at 1.424v and it wasn't enough to keep it cool. Really, even the H100 didn't keep it as cool as I wanted. But I think there was a few variables preventing maximum "coolage" Lol. So with a few mods to the heatsink and addition of a reservoir should bring temps down a good deal. :beer:

John - did you ever have any overheating issues with the 560ti ? I'm running hot and its causing lockups when I push the card by playing BF3 or a video card burn-in test. I'm gonna take the card out today and make sure the fins are nice and clean but even with the fans at 100% under a load the card is reaching 61 - 62 temps :(. Causing a full crash of my box due to heat :(

Just curious. I've got some ideas to fix it :) :beer::beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.