Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Thread: Austin Area GTGs

    1. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      Shreveport, LA
      Posts
      1,563
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      05-22-2012 12:28 PM #32076
      Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post


      Some of what (most of) y'all missed.
      Me at 3:00

    2. Member chuckoslovakia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2011
      Location
      ATX 31
      Posts
      456
      Vehicles
      1990 964 C4
      05-22-2012 12:41 PM #32077
      For the next car show that we all do as a group or photoshoot we need to get these for our front!
      Texas Euro plate good idea? They run $45 a piece but would be sweet!



      Or with this plate design

      Last edited by chuckoslovakia; 05-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.
      (O:o)====(o:O)

    3. Member Deezy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Waco, TX
      Posts
      2,933
      Vehicles
      1988 GTI VR6 - 1990 Jetta Wolfsburg 8v - 1963 ghia 1600 - 2005 GMC Sierra Z71
      05-22-2012 12:51 PM #32078
      Quote Originally Posted by chuckoslovakia View Post
      For the next car show that we all do as a group or photoshoot we need to get these for our front!
      Texas Euro plate good idea? They run $45 a piece but would be sweet!



      Or with this plate design

      Cough dlkdubsplash.com

      Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
      Race it, Break it, Fix it, Repeat.

    4. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,095
      Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      05-22-2012 12:55 PM #32079
      We found a good system to be just posting up just outside the main crowd. That way we just pivot the chairs and don't even move. The one thing I like about ACL is that when you bring out the safety tools instead of snagging yours EVERYONE suddenly has safe things to share.

      I owe ya and am off at 4 but am headed right out the door to look at of all things a boat, maybe after? I have been wanting a nice old ski boat for a long time and came across what I think may be my new boat yesterday. Just what I needed and now it is time to work a deal. It has a 454 in it!


      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      Haha indeed my friend. That's the only way I can put up with the stupid people in the crowds at ACL (aka the ones who barge their way up to the front during the middle of the show having no respect for those sitting on the ground or simply enjoying a little personal space in a very tight spot )

      So H tonight? Who's coming ? Anybody wanna pre-game? Just Text me.
      Last edited by arethirdytwo; 05-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.

    5. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,424
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      05-22-2012 01:54 PM #32080
      Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post


      Some of what (most of) y'all missed.
      The white e36 at around ~1:00

      Mark: How you liking the GFX card?
      @jayyyw

    6. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-22-2012 03:28 PM #32081
      Quote Originally Posted by Lolasaurus_Rex View Post

      Mark: How you liking the GFX card?
      Its doing good John. I had some issues with Battlefield using some Nvidia beta drivers that were newer than the 296.10 drivers, but have since then switched back and all is well man. Fast card and I'm really considering putting my GTS 450 in as a physx card which is showing some amazing benchmarks for games that support it.

      Thanks again.

    7. Member jseeley's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2008
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      2,059
      Vehicles
      85 Golf Diesel, 87 Cabriolet, 97 Jetta VR6, 03 TDI Wagon
      05-22-2012 03:41 PM #32082
      Someone go snatch this up

      82 VW Rabbit Diesel - $1100 (Austin)
      http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3030337820.html
      In Soviet Russia, car drives you!
      ___________________________

      .:Mk512

    8. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,095
      Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      05-22-2012 03:44 PM #32083
      Awesome but that is an $800 car. I love these people, I was looking at another benz last week and these two hipster girls are trying to tell me their none running car is really worth a grand. I will give you $500, that's it. "Runs great except cycling 3 is dead"....

    9. Member jseeley's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2008
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      2,059
      Vehicles
      85 Golf Diesel, 87 Cabriolet, 97 Jetta VR6, 03 TDI Wagon
      05-22-2012 03:57 PM #32084
      Quote Originally Posted by arethirdytwo View Post
      Awesome but that is an $800 car. I love these people, I was looking at another benz last week and these two hipster girls are trying to tell me their none running car is really worth a grand. I will give you $500, that's it. "Runs great except cycling 3 is dead"....


      In Soviet Russia, car drives you!
      ___________________________

      .:Mk512

    10. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,424
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      05-22-2012 04:01 PM #32085
      Quote Originally Posted by TXR32 View Post
      Its doing good John. I had some issues with Battlefield using some Nvidia beta drivers that were newer than the 296.10 drivers, but have since then switched back and all is well man. Fast card and I'm really considering putting my GTS 450 in as a physx card which is showing some amazing benchmarks for games that support it.

      Thanks again.
      Yeah i was having trouble with the older drivers. Some youtube videos on certain settings would green screen. I updated to the latest drivers and all was well. Loved the card. But its time to upgrade card and monitor

      Going to mod my h100 and put in a resevoir
      @jayyyw

    11. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,095
      Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      05-22-2012 04:02 PM #32086


      Quote Originally Posted by jseeley View Post



    12. Member younganimater35's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2008
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2004 TR .:R32
      05-22-2012 04:07 PM #32087
      Quote Originally Posted by arethirdytwo View Post
      headed right out the door to look at of all things a boat, maybe after? I have been wanting a nice old ski boat for a long time and came across what I think may be my new boat yesterday. Just what I needed and now it is time to work a deal. It has a 454 in it!
      this has my attention, i spent alot of time on the water growing up, my dad has a Centurion something, and he just got rid of his Danzi, but if you need some help/support, moral or actual lol, with anything, let me know, ill help with anything you need, as long as we can take it out wakeboarding a few times

      Lolsauras, i just picked up a H60, nothing fancy, but ya know lol
      Last edited by younganimater35; 05-22-2012 at 04:09 PM.

    13. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,095
      Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      05-22-2012 04:23 PM #32088
      So going to hit you up man. Surprising the lady friend with it for our wedding. I have two boats I am looking at. An 86 Supra and a 76 Master Craft. Both boats will need work but they are easy to work on (incredibly basic when you have been doing what I have for the last six years). All I will need to pay for is interior wrap which should be under $1500. We will see, all depends on how the hulls look.

      Quote Originally Posted by younganimater35 View Post
      this has my attention, i spent alot of time on the water growing up, my dad has a Centurion something, and he just got rid of his Danzi, but if you need some help/support, moral or actual lol, with anything, let me know, ill help with anything you need, as long as we can take it out wakeboarding a few times

      Lolsauras, i just picked up a H60, nothing fancy, but ya know lol

    14. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-22-2012 04:24 PM #32089
      Quote Originally Posted by Lolasaurus_Rex View Post
      Yeah i was having trouble with the older drivers. Some youtube videos on certain settings would green screen. I updated to the latest drivers and all was well. Loved the card. But its time to upgrade card and monitor

      Going to mod my h100 and put in a resevoir
      Nice man. I got away from pumps and reservoirs from the last build I did. Just too much isht to manage, but what you've got planned sounds awesome Good luck!

      Quote Originally Posted by younganimater35 View Post

      Lolsauras, i just picked up a H60, nothing fancy, but ya know lol
      H60's are the isht!!! I hope mine inspired you to pick one up. They are super cheap now.

    15. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,574
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      05-22-2012 09:18 PM #32090
      Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post


      Some of what (most of) y'all missed.
      Sick video! Thanks for sharing Cort!

      Looked like a wild time, wish I could've made it out.. Theres always next year
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    16. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,424
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      05-22-2012 09:36 PM #32091
      Quote Originally Posted by younganimater35 View Post

      Lolsauras, i just picked up a H60, nothing fancy, but ya know lol
      I actually bought an H60 first. It was perfect at stock speeds and a slight overclock. But I wanted more and was able to push my i5 K to 5.0ghz at 1.424v and it wasn't enough to keep it cool. Really, even the H100 didn't keep it as cool as I wanted. But I think there was a few variables preventing maximum "coolage" Lol. So with a few mods to the heatsink and addition of a reservoir should bring temps down a good deal.
      @jayyyw

    17. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,806
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      05-22-2012 09:37 PM #32092
      **** balls those are some nice cars.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    18. Member sickmind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2003
      Posts
      1,503
      Vehicles
      90` 16V corrado , 95` Jetta , 93` 240sx , 70` Triumph T100
      05-22-2012 10:35 PM #32093
      Just wanted to drop in and say hey to Jessie from Waco and the crew from Austin that made it to SoWo . Was great meeting you and hope to see you guys again .
      Last edited by sickmind; 05-22-2012 at 10:56 PM.

    19. Member A4inATX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2009
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      712
      Vehicles
      '12 F-150, '11 Golf
      05-22-2012 11:32 PM #32094
      Sorry I didn't make it out this evening. Work is owning me for the next couple of weeks. We've been rebranding and remodeling our stores, so between mine and helping others, plus all my usual work, I've been way busy. Looking forward to seeing y'all in a couple of weeks.
      Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson

    20. Member TheWolfsburg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Waco, TX
      Posts
      3,226
      Vehicles
      MkIV,VI Jetta:::'87 QStationW:::'08 TT
      05-22-2012 11:57 PM #32095
      Quote Originally Posted by sickmind View Post
      Just wanted to drop in and say hey to Jessie from Waco and the crew from Austin that made it to SoWo . Was great meeting you and hope to see you guys again .
      Werd! It's a lot of great times. Can not wait till the next one.
      The Mexicans who assembled my Wolfsburg like German food... good enough for me!
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks
      Quote Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
      Don't be a vagina. Take it apart

    21. Member chuckoslovakia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2011
      Location
      ATX 31
      Posts
      456
      Vehicles
      1990 964 C4
      05-23-2012 12:30 AM #32096
      Sorry I missed Mark and Tyler, I showed up just after y'all left tonight! Maybe we can do the ricer meet up thing at Fry's on Saturday night
      (O:o)====(o:O)

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Austin/Pflugerville, TX
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      '14 tdi beetle convertible premium
      05-23-2012 12:38 AM #32097
      At the g2g tonight, I mentioned what I thought was the best "gay" car ad put out by a car manufacturer.

      This Volvo one is my favorite, I think you'll all get it. It was done in 2003 (when Ford owned Volvo) for the Sydney Mardi Gras (which is Australia's biggest gay parade/party) Program book.


    23. Member TOT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      '04 R32
      05-23-2012 12:43 AM #32098
      haha, that's pretty awesome
      Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Usually I don't support frivolous lawsuits, but given my intoxicated state...

    24. Member Cort's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2004
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      7,680
      Vehicles
      1985 GTi VR6'ed, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe ALMS editon
      05-23-2012 09:49 AM #32099
      Last edited by Cort; 05-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.

    25. Member TXR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2006
      Location
      AUSTIN, TX
      Posts
      7,938
      Vehicles
      04 R32 07 Cayman
      05-23-2012 09:56 AM #32100
      Quote Originally Posted by Lolasaurus_Rex View Post
      I actually bought an H60 first. It was perfect at stock speeds and a slight overclock. But I wanted more and was able to push my i5 K to 5.0ghz at 1.424v and it wasn't enough to keep it cool. Really, even the H100 didn't keep it as cool as I wanted. But I think there was a few variables preventing maximum "coolage" Lol. So with a few mods to the heatsink and addition of a reservoir should bring temps down a good deal.

      John - did you ever have any overheating issues with the 560ti ? I'm running hot and its causing lockups when I push the card by playing BF3 or a video card burn-in test. I'm gonna take the card out today and make sure the fins are nice and clean but even with the fans at 100% under a load the card is reaching 61 - 62 temps . Causing a full crash of my box due to heat

      Just curious. I've got some ideas to fix it

    Page 1284 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 284784118412341274128012811282128312841285128612871288129413341384 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •