VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Asheville-area dubs?

517K views 11K replies 217 participants last post by  vwishndaetr 
#1 ·
Looking to make contact with some cool people in the area. I'm moving down in February from Chicago. Looking for a nice place to live and a job in IT
. I'm really excited about being so close to the Tail!!!

See less See more
#99 ·
Re: (hellaSmoked)

Quote, originally posted by hellaSmoked »
Nice pic. You should go black roof too.
When was this giant R32 meet, and why dont I ever see any of these Rs around?

Modified by hellaSmoked at 8:25 PM 6-21-2007

I believe that was the R32 dragon run, about four months ago

#103 ·
Re: (67Customs)

Quote, originally posted by 67Customs »
My wife is a Service Writer for VW there. Let me know when you need to take your car in for service. They are nice people.
Holy Crap. I didn't know there were this many people in Asheville!!! We definitely need to do a GTG again. When is the next one? 6/23/07 (this Saturday) would be good for me since my wife has to work. Pretty short notice though.
I am also a profesional detailer. If anyone wants lessons while I work on their car, let me know.

Oh ive got a good one for you, our Mazda6 hasnt been waxed in 3 years and has only seen car washes since...did i mention it was black?
If you guys have a GTG this weekend i might drop by. We would like to have a VW as our next vehicle and its nice to know that there is some good people at Deal since its our only dealer.

#104 ·
Re: (thejoyof6)

Quote, originally posted by thejoyof6 »
Oh ive got a good one for you, our Mazda6 hasnt been waxed in 3 years and has only seen car washes since...did i mention it was black?
If you guys have a GTG this weekend i might drop by. We would like to have a VW as our next vehicle and its nice to know that there is some good people at Deal since its our only dealer.

Meh. I just did a Ford Mini-Van that has never seen a wax job and hardly any washes and just got a fresh dusted coat of laytex paint from a garage spray. The van set outside in the heat for two months before he brought it to me. Your car is cake.lol
I think me and Ben (Arrrr32!) might meet for lunch somewhere tomorrow. Can anyone else join? Time?
After lunch I can take you by their new place and you can check out the new and used and I can show you the service department. No hassle from sales people.

Modified by 67Customs at 7:42 AM 6-22-2007

#109 ·

I think me and Ben (Arrrr32!) might meet for lunch somewhere tomorrow. Can anyone else join? Time?
After lunch I can take you by their new place and you can check out the new and used and I can show you the service department. No hassle from sales people.

Modified by 67Customs at 7:42 AM 6-22-2007

Sounds great to me. I drive a Ford product so i'll eat anywhere.

#111 ·

Ben and I are meeting at the Asheville Mall tomorrow at 12:00pm in the upper level of the food court parking garage. We are going to eat in the food court and then chill afterwards. If anyone wants to join, you are more than welcome.

Even though it was a million degrees on top of that deck, we stuck it out. More pictures later...

#112 ·
Re: (Arrrrr!32)

Yeah, all the rest of you punks skipped out. Reguardless, we took pics anyway. We find that MKIV Reflex Silver dubs are the hottest around anyway.

It was so hot I got sunburned on the back of my neck. I also added to my farmers tan...

My pics don't have pretty little borders.

Scenery of the REALLY hot shoot location.

Modified by 67Customs at 11:29 PM 6-23-2007

#113 ·

Yeah, all the rest of you punks skipped out. Reguardless, we took pics anyway. We find that MKIV Reflex Silver dubs are the hottest around anyway.

It was so hot I got sunburned on the back of my neck. I also added to my farmers tan...

X2 on the sunburn. Ouch!
I'll show you how to do the borders
Classy!

#114 ·

Yeah, We find that MKIV Reflex Silver dubs are the hottest around anyway.

are you kidding me? you guys are like the wheel gap krew

just playing around. i figured i'd pop my head in here every once and a while and figure out who lives in the area. i'll be moving down in about a year when my wife gets out of school.
click on my sig to find out why reflex is not the hottest color around. not one silver car in the bunch

#115 ·
Re: (perpetualnewb)

Quote, originally posted by Arrrrr!32 »
I'll show you how to do the borders
Classy!
Eh, I got the know-how, I just aint got the time.lol
They are classy.
Quote, originally posted by perpetualnewb »
are you kidding me? you guys are like the wheel gap krew

just playing around. i figured i'd pop my head in here every once and a while and figure out who lives in the area. i'll be moving down in about a year when my wife gets out of school.
click on my sig to find out why reflex is not the hottest color around. not one silver car in the bunch
You'll see why we haven't lowered our cars more when you see the roads down here. Trust me.

Let us know when you get down here.
Meh. I still like RS.

#117 ·

believe me I'm kicking myself right now for not checking the thread ontime

but I was doing a parkway test run with the new mods on

Modified by GTI3309 at 11:18 AM 6-24-2007

#120 ·
Re: (CrossFlowGolf)

Quote, originally posted by GTI3309 »
but I was doing a parkway test run with the new mods on
Nice!
Quote, originally posted by CrossFlowGolf »
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, one of my best friends got married sat. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
That's no excuse. Now, if you were getting married, it might have been OK.

#121 ·
Hey guys...
I'm not sure how much bite there's going to be for this, but there's a new 4-wheel Mustang dyno going in around Black Mountain. Apparently, there's going to be an open house in a few weeks with reasonably priced dyno runs to gage interest in the new product.
This is especially interesting for me, since I can't easily dyno on anything other than a 4-wheel

The owner of the shop said he'd definitely be interested in some group dynos and what not, and the shop knows what they're doing.
Post if you're interested...

#123 ·
Re: (Arrrrr!32)

Quote, originally posted by Arrrrr!32 »
Hey guys...
I'm not sure how much bite there's going to be for this, but there's a new 4-wheel Mustang dyno going in around Black Mountain. Apparently, there's going to be an open house in a few weeks with reasonably priced dyno runs to gage interest in the new product.
This is especially interesting for me, since I can't easily dyno on anything other than a 4-wheel

The owner of the shop said he'd definitely be interested in some group dynos and what not, and the shop knows what they're doing.
Post if you're interested...

That is pretty cool. What shop is this? Did they mention a quote of how much per hour it cost for dyno work? I am very interested. Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.