Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
    Results 3,501 to 3,535 of 5318

Thread: Catz

Vehicles
      2007 Vue, 1997 K1500, 2008 Mazda3
      03-13-2010 03:41 PM #3501
      Quote, originally posted by mk2jettabro »

I hope everything wen't ok! We were thinking about getting our cat declawed but I don't want to chance any complications, and feel bad putting him through it.

if it's not for the odd ocassion like the previous poster where it's to benefit the cat's health, go to your local petsmart/petco and get some nail clippers for cats and let the poor thing keep it's forefingers.

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      03-13-2010 07:13 PM #3502
      Quote, originally posted by silvERia »
      if it's not for the odd ocassion like the previous poster where it's to benefit the cat's health, go to your local petsmart/petco and get some nail clippers for cats and let the poor thing keep it's forefingers.

"Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2004 Mazdaspeed Miata, 1994 B3000
      03-13-2010 07:52 PM #3503
      A couple pics of my cats (I'd add a LOLcat, but I think they're pretty much all in the thread already ). Crappy, unfocused pictures win me bonus points, right?

Pillow-thief (Chili) telling me to shut up about her thievery because everything in the house belongs to her, anyway.

Another of Chili

Emma, the Evil Cat of Doom - free to good home or the side of the road. She's such a pain in my ass. Cute, though, and very photogenic. That's basically all she's got going for her. Some days I wish I could make my life easier and dump her on someone, but I don't hate anyone that much.

Soo photogenic

And an old one from last summer. She gets so much scruffier in the winter. Silly winter coat.

I have another cat, Tom, but I can't find any decent pictures of him right now. He hates the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      To appease the youngster inside and prove that he really is single, my friend replaced all mufflers with straight pipes. Now it is a combination of awe inspiration and complete headache. It bellows and moans like a 300 lb fetishist whore. It eats tires like rubber trees are sworn enemies. It drinks gas like it feels personally responsible for ensuring the longevity of Saudi dynasties.

Vehicles
      03-13-2010 09:00 PM #3504
      I've got a pillow/bed thief too.

He usually crawls under the blankets and lays on my arm and uses either my pillow or my head for a pillow.

To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '99 Civic Hatch
      03-13-2010 11:55 PM #3505
      Quote, originally posted by noludoru »
      She's such a pain in my ass. Cute, though, and very photogenic. That's basically all she's got going for her. Some days I wish I could make my life easier and dump her on someone, but I don't hate anyone that much.

Could be said about most attractive females of any species.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      My sister in law has a Lexus with a backup camera. One time, she was in our driveway, talking to my wife, and shifted into reverse while still sitting there talking (triggering the backup camera). I walked up to the camera, whipped out my D, and waved it around in camera view. Brother in law in passenger seat fell out of the car he was laughing so hard, sister in law just screamed.

Vehicles
      03-14-2010 12:51 AM #3506
      Quote, originally posted by EK20 »
      I've got a pillow/bed thief too.

He usually crawls under the blankets and lays on my arm and uses either my pillow or my head for a pillow.

Awww. Mine like to take up 3/4 of the bed and leave me a tiny spot to curl up in. They don't usually steal pillows, but Chili was in a weird mood that night. . . I let her have the pillow to save my face from being eaten.

Quote, originally posted by CRacer21 »
      Could be said about most attractive females of any species.

Careful now, I'm a girl. Emma's just a total douche. We enabled her as a kitten and created a monster. She does her best to destroy the house, and just after she's ruined something, she looks so cute you just forgive her.

To appease the youngster inside and prove that he really is single, my friend replaced all mufflers with straight pipes. Now it is a combination of awe inspiration and complete headache. It bellows and moans like a 300 lb fetishist whore. It eats tires like rubber trees are sworn enemies. It drinks gas like it feels personally responsible for ensuring the longevity of Saudi dynasties.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '99 Civic Hatch
      03-14-2010 01:27 AM #3507
      Careful now, I'm a girl. Emma's just a total douche. We enabled her as a kitten and created a monster. She does her best to destroy the house, and just after she's ruined something, she looks so cute you just forgive her.

That's a cat for ya. Give them space by your feet and they'll take the whole damn bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      My sister in law has a Lexus with a backup camera. One time, she was in our driveway, talking to my wife, and shifted into reverse while still sitting there talking (triggering the backup camera). I walked up to the camera, whipped out my D, and waved it around in camera view. Brother in law in passenger seat fell out of the car he was laughing so hard, sister in law just screamed.

Vehicles
      BMW M Coupe
      03-14-2010 03:29 PM #3508
      my little white cat, "little arthur sewall," aka "salt," in his favorite nap spot

Thatcher
      Recaro . KW Automotive
      BMW M Coupe . Porsche 993 C2 RSR

Vehicles
      BMW M Coupe
      03-14-2010 03:31 PM #3509
      and senior year of high school style shot...
      Thatcher
      Recaro . KW Automotive
      BMW M Coupe . Porsche 993 C2 RSR

Vehicles
      Scirocco, Scirocco Passat
      03-14-2010 03:40 PM #3510
      Oh Hai. Fresh litter please or I poop in ur wheels again.

Vehicles
      03-14-2010 07:37 PM #3511
      Awww. Mine like to take up 3/4 of the bed and leave me a tiny spot to curl up in. They don't usually steal pillows, but Chili was in a weird mood that night. . . I let her have the pillow to save my face from being eaten.

Haha! Cats, just can't stay mad at them.

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      03-16-2010 12:54 PM #3512
      When we first brought Cedes (like MERCEDES) she would sleep with us in the bed. She would come to my side of the bed and meed and rustle around until her butt was propped up against my forehead, and then she would purr/meow NO stopping til I would touch her. I grew a liking to having her sleep on my pillow. We were little buddies! But then she would start attacking my hair in the middle of the nights. And eventually decided she liked being under the comforters more. She'd sleep inbetween my fiances legs- (right by his junk) and he'd forget she would be there.. and you guess'd it. She'd claw at him alittle. 'HEY DADDY I'M RIGHT HERE!" We figured she just likes the inside of his legs because its warm and he is a back sleeper.

Either way... Our cat is a little sh it head 99.5% of the time. I've liked these past couple of days on pain meds. She's done nothing but stay in the bathroom and sleep. It's been nice.

ps. (The vet recommends you keep the cat in a small room due to bleeding, less they use their feet the less the chance of opening up the glue.)

But nonetheless, here is my little Cedes being her usual self.

Eventhough, she got declawed for behavior issues+ health. She still thinks she's part squirrel.

Modified by breane24 at 1:05 PM 3-16-2010

1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

Vehicles
      '96 GTI 2.0, '00 Golf 1.8T
      03-16-2010 01:06 PM #3513
      Appropriate for this page... and there is an interesting show on Animal Planet called "Cats 101" that some of you might like. All the pros and cons of different breeds. There is Dogs 101 too, but we won't talk about that here.

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted
      FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

14. 03-16-2010 03:04 PM #3514
      Quote, originally posted by breane24 »
      When we first brought Cedes (like MERCEDES) she would sleep with us in the bed. She would come to my side of the bed and meed and rustle around until her butt was propped up against my forehead, and then she would purr/meow NO stopping til I would touch her. I grew a liking to having her sleep on my pillow. We were little buddies! But then she would start attacking my hair in the middle of the nights. And eventually decided she liked being under the comforters more. She'd sleep inbetween my fiances legs- (right by his junk) and he'd forget she would be there.. and you guess'd it. She'd claw at him alittle. 'HEY DADDY I'M RIGHT HERE!" We figured she just likes the inside of his legs because its warm and he is a back sleeper.

Either way... Our cat is a little sh it head 99.5% of the time. I've liked these past couple of days on pain meds. She's done nothing but stay in the bathroom and sleep. It's been nice.

ps. (The vet recommends you keep the cat in a small room due to bleeding, less they use their feet the less the chance of opening up the glue.)

But nonetheless, here is my little Cedes being her usual self.

Eventhough, she got declawed for behavior issues+ health. She still thinks she's part squirrel.

Modified by breane24 at 1:05 PM 3-16-2010

How is she making out overall?

Vehicles
      2007 Vue, 1997 K1500, 2008 Mazda3
      03-16-2010 05:36 PM #3515

sorry delayed followup, but I just would like to emphasize, declawing is nothing like us simply getting a toenail or fingernail removed and leaving the finger. If anyone is considering doing this to save their furniture or because they don't like getting scratched do some research about what it really does to their bodies and how it can completely alter the temperment of the animal etc.

Our first cat came declawed already, our second we got declawed and almost immediately after found out just how traumatic it can be to them (and we then watched his mood change drastically as well), our last two have their claws and simply get them clipped once or twice a month at the most to keep them from being needle sharp. After the first two or three clippings they've actually calmed down.

but back on topic, here's the "kitten"...about 15 months old now:

as a little one:

and now the tubbers:

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      03-16-2010 11:24 PM #3516
      She is over all doing really well! Today she jumped up on the kitchen counter for tuna! I agree with what the pp had to say about looking into your options. Our cat getting declawed was decided on over a four month period.
      She is my pride and joy and I didn't want to do this because I know it does hurt her. She's been more prone to cuddling and spending time with me.

On the downfall, from the first vet that we went to (four-five months ago) she was perfexctly healthy. Well, I was debriefed about how she has tape really bad our third visit. Which was ironic because she didn't have tape before. She is an indoor cat, with no interaction with other animals. We are the only people who have lived here. There has never been any other animal interaction since her vet visits. I felt jipped when I had to pay for deworming when I believe she got infected at the vet's office. /rant.
      Otherwise, Cedes will mostlikely have a follow up appointment on Friday.

If you are considering declawing get a price estimate ... That right there will make you cringe, after that go do some research on the issues caused by malpratice. The infections and risks you take declawing. Our cat chewed her nails off til a point of bleeding... And we would come home to nails embedded in the carpet and swollen paws. So, after consulting , reseRching, saving, and considering not doing it , we decided it would be best for this indiviual cat. If we decide to get another cat down the line- will we do this again probably not.

Vehicles
      03-17-2010 01:15 AM #3517
      Quote, originally posted by silvERia »

"This one, medium rare".

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      03-17-2010 03:59 AM #3518

Either way... Our cat is a little sh it head 99.5% of the time.

She sounds like a normal adolescent cat to me.

At least you don't have one that wakes you up in the mornings by clawing at/punching your nose until it bleeds (I'm very prone to nosebleeds) and another that wakes you up by biting your face. The biter means well - she was a bottle baby and I don't think we weaned her properly, so she kept sucking on things and still hasn't grown out of it. Sadly, somewhere along the line suckling turned to biting, and she isn't clear on the difference between a love bite and "OW CHILI THAT HURTS!" Purring and kneading and meowing don't sound too bad to me. (Seriously, any time you feel like your cat is being a hellion, PM me and I can tell you all the stories of mine that will make you feel better! )

If you play with them before bed it helps in tiring them out so they'll sleep most of the night, although obviously that's not an option right now while she's healing. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

19. 03-17-2010 01:27 PM #3519
      She is over all doing really well! Today she jumped up on the kitchen counter for tuna! I agree with what the pp had to say about looking into your options. Our cat getting declawed was decided on over a four month period.
      She is my pride and joy and I didn't want to do this because I know it does hurt her. She's been more prone to cuddling and spending time with me.

On the downfall, from the first vet that we went to (four-five months ago) she was perfexctly healthy. Well, I was debriefed about how she has tape really bad our third visit. Which was ironic because she didn't have tape before. She is an indoor cat, with no interaction with other animals. We are the only people who have lived here. There has never been any other animal interaction since her vet visits. I felt jipped when I had to pay for deworming when I believe she got infected at the vet's office. /rant.
      Otherwise, Cedes will mostlikely have a follow up appointment on Friday.

If you are considering declawing get a price estimate ... That right there will make you cringe, after that go do some research on the issues caused by malpratice. The infections and risks you take declawing. Our cat chewed her nails off til a point of bleeding... And we would come home to nails embedded in the carpet and swollen paws. So, after consulting , reseRching, saving, and considering not doing it , we decided it would be best for this indiviual cat. If we decide to get another cat down the line- will we do this again probably not.

Good for her!
      I brought my own torty, Miss Molley, home becouse her previous owners had her de-clawed at a very young age and the other cats in the home were beating up on Miss Molley. Having no claws to defend herself made care a constant matter(she`s a tiny thing under all that fur!) and so they were going to put her down. I almost hit the guy for for being such a collous SOB and asked if I could have her and she`s been with me for two years now. After the initial suspicion on Molleys part I find that she gets along with everyone in my family but has a special tie to my Dad. Dad has diabetise and I`m certain that Molley has some awarness of it as she went ranggy one day around Dad when his sugar was low and purred and cuddle like a kitten when we got the blood sugar back to normal.

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      03-17-2010 02:55 PM #3520
      Quote, originally posted by Northern RD »
      Good for her!

She is not liking me being on the vortex. I tell you what!!

That paw there in the bottom of the picture - is the worst paw of the two.
      She's still not putting her weight/pressure on it.

21. 03-18-2010 06:35 PM #3521

She is not liking me being on the vortex. I tell you what!!

That paw there in the bottom of the picture - is the worst paw of the two.
      She's still not putting her weight/pressure on it.

Awww,..

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '05 3, '12 TSX
      03-20-2010 09:42 AM #3522

Stoopid human tricked me into putting head and arm through at same time. help

23. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      03-22-2010 02:52 AM #3523
      friend had a cat down at school that got loose for a couple weeks, and then came back pregnant...except she was supposed to be fixed. my parents had to put both the cats down i grew up with because of age and ailing health, so she came at a good time. ended up adopting her, but it lives at home with my parents since i'm finishing up school currently. she'll be three later this year. shes awesome, incredibly smart and absolutely full of energy and personality.

lola:

cats i grew up with - kramer is the large angry looking mass, and you can see moke's feet - they had about a 20lb weight differnce. miss 'em:

Modified by n0rdicalex. at 11:53 PM 3-21-2010

welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      03-23-2010 11:11 AM #3524

Awww.... kitteh iz too tubby. http://icanhascheezburger.com/...-jump/

Modified by Arsigi at 11:51 AM 3-23-2010

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      03-23-2010 03:42 PM #3525
      Aww, poor tubby kitty.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

03-23-2010 05:04 PM #3526
      my little flowerpot/possessed demon...

Vehicles
      2003 IY GTI / a few air-cooled VW's
      03-24-2010 01:45 AM #3527
      Diva, the b***h cat hiding from the rain

gay lovers caught red handed

Vehicles
      03-24-2010 01:53 AM #3528
      Close-up of that picture in the background?
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLX Wagon
      03-24-2010 06:22 AM #3529
      this one is just too silly not to post here...

"You've seen it, you've heard it, and you're still asking questions?!?"

"Yeah, when do we go for a ride!?!?"

Vehicles
      03-24-2010 04:31 PM #3530
      There is a Woot-off today FYI.

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      03-24-2010 06:25 PM #3531
      Quote, originally posted by Arsigi »
      There is a Woot-off today FYI.

Yay for waiting a month to get a shirt!

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2003 IY GTI / a few air-cooled VW's
      03-25-2010 01:20 AM #3532
      Close-up of that picture in the background?

yeah.....to be young and dumb, so long ago
      even funnier it was like only 3 years ago

Vehicles
      B5.5 Avant
      03-28-2010 10:25 PM #3533
      Now, which one of you humps has got a cigarette for Dr. Rockso?

Vehicles
      03-28-2010 11:11 PM #3534
      Who needs a guard dog with a cat like that?
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta TDI, 2002 Protege5
      03-29-2010 01:04 AM #3535
      Peace kitty!!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmericanThanks View Post
      Vwvortex is the biggest car forum so I should get atleast 100 enquiries from here. Cars means money.

Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast