Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 132 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
    Results 4,586 to 4,620 of 5387

Thread: Catz

1. Senior Member
      07-18-2012 04:16 PM #4586
      Nan was hoping that the two new cats would be buddies.

Gypsy was on the shelf behind me and Whiskers walked in. I heard him jump up and thought that he would be on the blanket on the desk that is right next to the window shelf.

I turned around; he wasn't on the desk.

Last edited by Cooper; 07-18-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Vehicles
      '96 GTI 2.0, '00 Golf 1.8T
      07-18-2012 05:32 PM #4587
      Quote Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
      They might be on to something there. Maybe we should follow their lead.
      But... we already have a p***y for a leader.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
      Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted
      FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      07-19-2012 01:46 PM #4588
      Haha!
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

07-19-2012 01:47 PM #4589
      Quote Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
      But... we already have a p***y for a leader.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
      Too bad moderators can't follow the rules on this site. Oh, that's right, they don't have to.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      07-19-2012 05:35 PM #4590
      It was just a light-hearted joke.
      Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

07-19-2012 05:37 PM #4591
      Last edited by barry2952; 07-19-2012 at 06:12 PM.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

7. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      07-24-2012 06:53 PM #4592
      Cat has been mayor of Alaska town for 15 years
      sarah palin could learn something from that cat.

this little bastard took care of my toiled paper today:

welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 12:23 PM #4593
      "May the Cats be with you"

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 02:13 PM #4594
      Haha!
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

07-26-2012 09:21 AM #4595
      The kids at play.

Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      07-26-2012 12:41 PM #4596
      Kids will be kids.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      07-27-2012 10:07 AM #4597

My Russian Blue is a typical Russian Blue. She likes to chill nearby, but every now and then she will come check up on me. It is really random, all the sudden she will get up, start trilling, and come say hi.

Best cat ever.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      07-30-2012 12:00 AM #4598

Vehicles
      08-02-2012 03:46 PM #4599
      Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      08-03-2012 01:43 PM #4600
      Damn, I wouldn't even buy myself $1,000 headphones.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 05:39 PM #4601
      Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 05:40 PM #4602
      This one stuck out to me... I've been all over the world, but have never seen a combination sink/toilet before.

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

18. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '05 3, '12 TSX
      08-14-2012 03:22 PM #4603

Cat people - This stuff is amazing. It's literally curing the ulcers I was developing due to the amount of cleaning I was doing to keep our house smelling good.

It clumps like clay litter. But the clumps weigh nothing and the stuff doesn't bond to the litter box like glue when the cats pee in the corners.

It doesn't retain the piss smell like the clumping clay litters do. All you smell is a light cedar smell, even after they've gone in the box 5 or 6 times. You can put your face right up to the box and not smell pee. Just cedar.

The cats love it because it's soft like cotton. It doesn't get stuck in their paws as much as the pebbles of regular litter do. If they track it out of the box and I step on it in bare feet I don't feel it. We also tried another type of wood litter but the cats hated it because the pieces were big and sharp. This stuff is very fine.

It's light - a few pounds of this has the same volume in the box as 15 pounds of clay litter.

It does have some dust in it, despite what the package says. But it's finer and smells good. If you're careful when you scoop you can keep the dust from kicking up.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape
      08-14-2012 10:45 PM #4604
      Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      Might have to give this stuff a try... ol' Chairman Meow is tracking that clay s**t all the way up from the basement up the stairs, through the kitchen and the living room, down the hall and into the basement. At this point me and the wife might as well put the litter box between our pillows.
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      08-15-2012 12:23 PM #4605

Vehicles
      08-15-2012 12:47 PM #4606
      This one stuck out to me... I've been all over the world, but have never seen a combination sink/toilet before.
      That's so you can wash your hands while ****ting AC Slater style.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      08-16-2012 06:45 PM #4607
      Not getting the AC Slater reference... but I'm not sure I want to!

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      08-23-2012 10:51 AM #4608
      I stepped out this morning to see what the weather was like. While Ranger (my psycho cat) and I were enjoying the air, there was a meow that came from one of the cars. Checked it out and found this little guy:

I scooped him up before Ranger could attack. I also looked for the mom cat, but she was nowhere to be found.

We already have an appointment at the vet today to have him checked and get an approximate age.

The kitty is currently in the bathroom with a warm blanket and box to allow him to sleep. Ranger is still hissing and growling at the bathroom door and has attacked me when I try to pet him, so I don't believe he will warm up to an addition to the family. It seems that he's upset with the kitten and us for allowing it into his territory.

Any tips on helping a 3 year old cat accept a kitten in the house?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      2006 Volvo V50, 1993 RX-7 R1, 1980 Hatteras 53MY, 2002 Grady White Release 283, 1958 Mohawk 14
      08-23-2012 11:00 AM #4609
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      The kitty is currently in the bathroom with a warm blanket and box to allow him to sleep. Ranger is still hissing and growling at the bathroom door and has attacked me when I try to pet him, so I don't believe he will warm up to an addition to the family. It seems that he's upset with the kitten and us for allowing it into his territory.

Any tips on helping a 3 year old cat accept a kitten in the house?
      He will eventually chill out. You ARE doing it right. You need to move slowly during the introduction process to increase your chances for success. You mustn’t throw your pets together in a sink-or-swim situation and hope they'll work it out.

Be aware that the introduction process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, or even a few months in extreme cases. Be patient.
      Confinement

To allow time for the newcomer to adjust to you and her new situation, keep her in a small room with her litter box, food, water, scratching post, toys and a bed for several days to a week.

Feed your resident pets and the newcomer on each side of the door to this room, so that they associate something enjoyable (eating!) with each other's smells. Don't put the food so close to the door that the animals are too upset by each other's presence to eat.
      Gradually move the dishes closer to the door until your pets can eat calmly while standing directly on either side of the door.
      Try to get your pets to interact with a toy. Tie a toy to each end of a string, then place it so there's a toy on either side of the door. Hopefully, they’ll start batting the toys around and maybe even batting paws.
      Be sure to spend plenty of time with your new kitty in her room, but don't ignore your resident cat.

The old switcheroo

To animals, smells are far more important than appearances, so you want to get your pets used to each other's scent before they meet face-to-face.

Swap the blankets or beds the cats use or gently rub a washcloth on one cat’s cheeks and put it underneath the food dish of another. If there are more than two animals in the house, do the same for each animal.
      When the pets finally do meet, at least their scents will be familiar.
      Once your new cat is using her litter box and eating regularly while confined, let her have free time in the house while confining your other pets to the new cat's room. It's best to introduce yur new cat to a room or two at a time and increase her access to other rooms over a few days. This switch provides another way for them to experience each other's scents without a face-to-face meeting. It also allows the newcomer to get familiar with her new surroundings without the other animals frightening her.
      You can do this several times a day, but only when you're home to supervise. If you have to leave the house, put your new kitty back in her room.
      Next, after you’ve returned the cats to their designated parts of the house, use two doorstops to prop open the dividing door just enough to allow the animals to see each other.
      Repeat the whole process over a period of days—supervised, of course.

Slow and steady wins the race

It's better to introduce your pets to each other gradually so that neither animal becomes afraid or aggressive. Once the cats are face to face, though, there will be some kinks for them to work out.

If you're really lucky (and your cats are inclined), they may do some mutual sniffing and grooming, and you're on your way to success. They may sit and stare at each other. You can provide distraction by dangling toys in front of them at the same time. This may encourage them to play together.

They might sniff each other, hiss, and walk away. That's to be expected. This may go on for a few days or so, and then you'll probably find them both sleeping on your bed.
      Break it up

If you're not so lucky, they may be very stressed. Fortunately, they may only posture and make a lot of noise. But, as soon as there are signs of increasing aggression (flattened ears, growling, spitting, crouching) make a loud noise by clapping your hands or throw a pillow nearby to distract them. If the standoff continues, very carefully herd them into separate parts of the house to calm down. This could take up to 24 hours and the cats may take out their stress on you.

Be careful

If the cats fight repeatedly, you may need to start the introduction process all over again and consider getting advice from a vet or animal behaviorist.

Note: Never try to break up a cat fight by picking one up; You're bound to get hurt.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      08-23-2012 11:06 AM #4610
      That is spot on advice.

We got a new kitten one year ago last week and went that route with the introduction process and now they are the best of buds. My resident cat is nearly 10 years old and he was not happy that we brought a kitten in but now I catch them sleeping together. The older cat even grooms the little guy.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      08-23-2012 11:06 AM #4611
      Ranger is walking around all jumpy-like as if he's searching for the intruder. He finally came all the way into my room, wouldn't let me pet him, but is now keeping an eye on me from one of his favorite spots on the window sill
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      08-23-2012 11:32 AM #4612
      Thanks for the advice. The kitty seems to be a little older than when I got Ranger. His pupils are a bit darker and more developed, while Ranger's were large and had a blue hue to them. So chances are that the kitten may still need formula, but may be introduced to solids very soon.

Ranger as a kitten after hitting the bottle:

Ranger has a unique personality unlike any cat I have seen. I just don't want it to suffer at the expense of having an addition to the family.

Currently at the vet.

Last edited by nemo1ner; 08-23-2012 at 12:50 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      2006 Volvo V50, 1993 RX-7 R1, 1980 Hatteras 53MY, 2002 Grady White Release 283, 1958 Mohawk 14
      08-23-2012 04:02 PM #4613
      do it slow and do it right and Ranger will be fine. In fact, Ranger will likely have a new friend!

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      08-23-2012 09:36 PM #4614
      This little guy has seriously worn us out today. The vet gave him a clean bill of health (aside from his fleas). We had him tested for feline leukemia and other little bits, and all tests were negative. Based on his weight (1lbs, 3oz), this little boy is roughly 4-5 weeks old (about 2 weeks after Ranger's birthday).

When we got home, I went to the pet store and bought some clay litter, formula and a little toy for him. Then, proceeded to give him a bath which was quite fun.

When we fed him, we initially used a bottle. He ended up chewing the nipple clean off and swallowed it. He still hasn't pooped, but once he does, I will be sifting through it to ensure that nipple has passed. If not, it's back to the vet. He still seems happy and frisky.

As for now, we ditched the bottle feeding and have been feeding him from a spoon. He laps it up, but still has to get the hang of it.

We are currently washing everything that may have come in contact with him so we don't have a flea problem come up in the future.

We still haven't named him either.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 08-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      Scirocco, Scirocco Passat
      08-23-2012 11:41 PM #4615
      Cool cat as seen on Facebook:

31. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Snap Orange Beetle
      08-24-2012 08:19 AM #4616

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 01:11 PM #4617
      Haha!!
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      2010 Scion xB
      08-24-2012 03:39 PM #4618
      Ben Cohen (Rugby player) just posted a pic of his FAT kitty on FaceBook today and the pic is just begging to be captioned...

34. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Black 2DR GTI
      08-24-2012 10:44 PM #4619
      The cat looks like Wilfrod Brimley

Vehicles
      08-25-2012 01:53 PM #4620
      Haha, I can totally see it.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 132 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast