Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is what is left of my Rallye..............

1. 12-05-2006 04:00 PM #36
      Quote, originally posted by mcdub »

Hang yourself

Well the guy is right its a shame the car had to have this happen but quit being such a damn queen. He tried to sell the car and nobody bought it and shipping it back to europe would be retarded and a waste of time and money, and if you're so bent over why didn't you buy it? You didn't? Shut up then.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 RX-8
      12-05-2006 04:01 PM #37
      well u dont know me, maybe a "fixed" VIN really isnt my biggest concern right now. plus i dont drive like a friggin maniac so the cops have a reason to bother me
      Quote Originally Posted by SuperGroove View Post
      "...you see an RX-8 has a rotary engine! Do you know what a rotary engine is? Well, the reason why I'm filling oil into my engine is...hello? where'd you go? It's injected into the combustion chamber and it LUBRICATES THE SEALS! IT LUBRICATES THE SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS"

3. 12-05-2006 04:01 PM #38
      Quote, originally posted by 5speedT »
      Its not math..ITS COMMON SENSE!!!

I think you did the right thing for yourself and the car.

one more of the goodies

4. 12-05-2006 04:01 PM #39
      Quote, originally posted by TRLSTYLE »

Apparently you dont understand the impact a felony charge will have on a person's life. Its not worth it for a 17 year old VW, much less your "87 golf GT" IMO.

In the guys defense, if it came down to him getting caught you think the judge or jury would take the charge seriously? Its not like he stole the car. he was simply trying to get a rare car over here. If he had a decent attorney he would get a slap on the wrist and they would destroy the car. That's IF he got caught.

5. Banned
      12-05-2006 04:03 PM #40
      i def think they would take the charge seriously. its court, they want your money, you would get charged regardless of good intentions.

6. 12-05-2006 04:04 PM #41
      AHHHH look at that beautiful Rallye piece....GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!! and the Rare RWD!!!! More pics come on dont tease us like that!!!!

Modified by 5speedT at 12:05 PM 12-5-2006

7. 12-05-2006 04:04 PM #42
      Quote, originally posted by RDM »

In the guys defense, if it came down to him getting caught you think the judge or jury would take the charge seriously? Its not like he stole the car. he was simply trying to get a rare car over here. If he had a decent attorney he would get a slap on the wrist and they would destroy the car. That's IF he got caught.

They have laws for a reason its not like they let every person go on something just because hey you know what it's a rather rare car. THEY DON'T CARE. that's why the law was made. again why would you risk it when a "decent" attorny will cost more then the car is worth when in the end you would get screwed over charged fined and probably have the car taken and crushed, but hey that makes more sense now doesn't it?

Vehicles
      '89 AC-130W
      12-05-2006 04:05 PM #43

true, but you cant depend on a theory like that...either way, he COULD get pinned for it, and a thought like that would hold nothing in court.
      Quote, originally posted by unleashedd »
      well u dont know me, maybe a "fixed" VIN really isnt my biggest concern right now. plus i dont drive like a friggin maniac so the cops have a reason to bother me

Hypothetically, lets say you got into a serious accident (it would not even have to be your own fault) if the insurance came to look at that car at all, its almost completely certain they would double check the VIN(s). You might be recovering in, as Marley said a "concrete jungle" rather than a hospital.

9. 12-05-2006 04:06 PM #44
      Quote, originally posted by VWralley »
      i def think they would take the charge seriously. its court, they want your money, you would get charged regardless of good intentions.

Im sorry but that BS, hes not a hardend criminal, a judge/jury is a regular person just like you and I, most are understanding. Like I said, with a decent attorney he would walk. Anyway im not saying cutting it up and putting it on a regular golf is a bad idea, im just saying it not like hes a serial killer.

10. 12-05-2006 04:07 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by mcdub »
      seriously ****ing just chopping up a rallye.

Get over it please. Your personal attacks are just silly.

I think this is a great project, can't wait to see the progress.

11. 12-05-2006 04:08 PM #46
      people that collect taxes and and check out things like tax evasion are normal people too, but they sure as hell won't let you off the hook. I know a bit of a wild comaprison both as other were saying swapping vin's is a felony and so is tax evasion, do either and you're f*cked regardless if you're a nice person or not.

laying the smack down from MA for 15 years
      Vehicles
      '14 Cdale Carbon Synapse, '13 allroad, '12 Cdale Bad Boy, '06 3.2 Avant
      12-05-2006 04:08 PM #47
      relax people
      nunc est Bibendum
      10 cylinders 8 rings
      "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person" - Andy Rooney

13. Banned
      12-05-2006 04:09 PM #48
      i totally agree with you that he "should" not get into legal trouble due to his cirrcumstances, but as stated above, there is no way id ever rely on a far fetched theory to keep my $$ in my pocket an my a$$ outta jail

14. 12-05-2006 04:09 PM #49
      Quote, originally posted by whiteriot »

They have laws for a reason its not like they let every person go on something just because hey you know what it's a rather rare car. THEY DON'T CARE. that's why the law was made. again why would you risk it when a "decent" attorney will cost more then the car is worth when in the end you would get screwed over charged fined and probably have the car taken and crushed, but hey that makes more sense now doesn't it?

I want to make it clear im not saying he should have swapped vins, i could care less. Im saying worst case scenario, he did get caught Jail time is a stretch.

15. 12-05-2006 04:11 PM #50
      ok proceed with the chop pics...

16. 12-05-2006 04:11 PM #51
      NOTHING MATTERS EXCEPT FOR MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!

17. 12-05-2006 04:13 PM #52
      Were you sad? I know you love LOVE your rallye. Or i should say loved? What are your motor plans for your us made rallye?

18. 12-05-2006 04:14 PM #53
      Quote, originally posted by brilliantyellowg60 »

one more of the goodies

can you post what went wrong during importing that made you have to cut this up....ill be looking into getting one in a couple months and want to know what(who) to avoid

19. 12-05-2006 04:14 PM #54

I want to make it clear im not saying he should have swapped vins, i could care less. Im saying worst case scenario, he did get caught Jail time is a stretch.

fair enough.

Vehicles
      91 L90E Jetta & 98 LY9G a4
      12-05-2006 04:16 PM #55
      Quote, originally posted by 5speedT »
      NOTHING MATTERS EXCEPT FOR MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!

moar cowbell!

i'll say it again YOU BETTER SEEM WELD THAT BISH@!

N I N E - F O O T E R S

21. 12-05-2006 04:28 PM #56
      laywer wanted $10K to go to federal court, after i already spent $2K to deal with this already

a felony would not allow me to work and buy parts for this car

Avoid A&J Importers in Niagara Falls, NY Jim is a crook, scammer and theif

I'll be seeing him in small claims court soon enough

22. 12-05-2006 04:29 PM #57
      the importer lied/cheated/stole. Fast forward, we have a barn full of pieces of a dream. The DMV is full of reasonable and prudent thinkers apparently..

23. 12-05-2006 04:33 PM #58
      ok nice to see finally the story behind it.Well sucks getting scamed.

Suck mroe that you cut up this car.

24. 12-05-2006 04:36 PM #59
      laywer wanted $10K to go to federal court, after i already spent $2K to deal with this already

a felony would not allow me to work and buy parts for this car

Avoid A&J Importers in Niagara Falls, NY Jim is a crook, scammer and theif

I'll be seeing him in small claims court soon enough

damn man, im sorry to hear that, good luck.

25. 12-05-2006 04:36 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by 16v »
      relax people

No doubt.
      Do it back up right and you'll be fine.
      Keep the updates rolling.

26. 12-05-2006 04:48 PM #61
      thats grim that they kinda forced you to cut that car up. i live in PA and i have a buddy that has a JDM right hand drive civic that somehow got here without its papers. he just filed for a re-constructed title in PA and said it was a conversion kit that he installed himself even though it is a true civic SIR hatch.

Vehicles
      1991 Golf GL
      12-05-2006 04:51 PM #62
      what makes a rallye a rallye is not the VIN plate... its the body style and drivetrain.

so pull your panties out of your butts and dont read it if you dont like it.

i for one am looking forward to seeing where this goes

How does a rotary work? This one's easy: the magic triangle spins in the peanut and then apex seals come out.

28. 12-05-2006 04:52 PM #63
      Quote, originally posted by VWracerG60 »
      thats grim that they kinda forced you to cut that car up. i live in PA and i have a buddy that has a JDM right hand drive civic that somehow got here without its papers. he just filed for a re-constructed title in PA and said it was a conversion kit that he installed himself even though it is a true civic SIR hatch.

and that is illegal, and with these *******s on my back, i couldn't afford to do anything stupid

the 50K mile MINT shell in my garage is going to go to good use
      going to start working on it next week

will be on the road in all it's glory by spring

29. 12-05-2006 04:55 PM #64
      im not exactly sure how the importing process works, but i thought all that was required was to convert the car to DOT specific regulations (lights, emissions, safety..etc) and the car could be made legal, and that doesnt sound like it would have cost much to make it legal? I guess im not exaclty sure as to what happened with the importer, and what he did to cause you to wreck the car

Modified by VW_IS_life at 12:57 PM 12-5-2006

30. 12-05-2006 04:55 PM #65
      Wow, some of you people seriously need to down a f**king chill pill. Its a car, and one that really isnt that rare over in europe. Sure, it has some history, but bloody He11, calm down. At least he got do get the major parts off of it. and good luck. Brilliant, did you ever use that manifold I sent you from my Rallye motor?

31. 12-05-2006 04:57 PM #66
      Please keep us up to date... Its sad to see the car go, but I understand...

32. 12-05-2006 04:59 PM #67
      Quote, originally posted by Mk2GTiG60 »
      Brilliant, did you ever use that manifold I sent you from my Rallye motor?

not yet, that is for a Syncro Corrado project that got put on hold until after this is done, should work nicely though

33. 12-05-2006 05:03 PM #68

not yet, that is for a Syncro Corrado project that got put on hold until after this is done, should work nicely though

BTW, I dont know if I ever thanked you for the plastic rad hose cover....thanks. Too bad I only had it for a few months.

34. 12-05-2006 05:06 PM #69
      yeah i have a friend that got caught swapping vins on a 240, he got off with nothing but had to send the car back...

Vehicles
      '94 SLC, '04 R32
      12-05-2006 05:09 PM #70
      I'm glad you are getting a chance to at least finally do SOMETHING with it! I'm sure it'll come out look'n hawt as hel1!! What is your color choice going to be? Keeping it red w/ turquois door jams??

GL!!

Lotar's Blown SLC Project

Moar , moar low, moar slow

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast