Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: hks ssqv homemade recirc kit???

Vehicles
      Mk4 Jetta coupe AWD big turbo, Mk4 R32 turbo
      12-18-2006 08:20 PM #1
      ok so i took a 1 1/4" non flared pvc male adapter mainly used for pools, i shaved it down added some o'rings and put it in my bov.....its strong its cheap, i think it will work

does anyone here think this will work ok???

questions?? concerns??

----------------------------------------CHOPSHOP------------------------------------
      Air ride and installs, custom paint and bodywork, custom machined parts, motor swaps and upgrades
      Airlift performance, Accuair, Euroline performance and SEM Motorsports!!
      Www.chopshoponline.ca

2. 12-18-2006 08:35 PM #2
      Wait u did it to make it fit inside the stock tip or what. Cause yes that will work but idealey if u do something like that u want to grab a rubber hose that fits snug in the existing and hugs snug on the bov because being rubber when u tighten the hose clamp it will expand when the pressure is aplied and fill the areas. Where as plastic will put be a solid and rubber wont wrap on it as well or make as good of seal.

3. 12-18-2006 08:42 PM #3
      you can buy the recir. fittings on ebay for about $15. Why not just drop a few dollars for an actual fitting?

Vehicles
      2004 VW GTI 1.8T, 1995 VW Jetta VR6 (SOLD), 2009 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
      12-18-2006 09:29 PM #4
      Show some pics

5. 12-18-2006 10:10 PM #5
      Quote, originally posted by cincyTT »
      you can buy the recir. fittings on ebay for about $15. Why not just drop a few dollars for an actual fitting?
      and then do you attach that to the hks, and does the old dv hose attach to the fitting?

6. 12-18-2006 10:58 PM #6
      bump

Vehicles
      Mk4 Jetta coupe AWD big turbo, Mk4 R32 turbo
      12-18-2006 11:16 PM #7
      well if i bought the fitting then i would be spending 15 bucks instead of a dollar haha plus what would i do at work with my spare time........i'll have to post some pics, i think it should seal fine its hard plastic

and to anwser vrooms question the peice replaces the triangle like pretty think on the outlet side of the bov.... you just take out 4 of the allen key bolts and the cover pops off then replace the recirc fitting with the the one it comes with then hook it up

----------------------------------------CHOPSHOP------------------------------------
      Air ride and installs, custom paint and bodywork, custom machined parts, motor swaps and upgrades
      Airlift performance, Accuair, Euroline performance and SEM Motorsports!!
      Www.chopshoponline.ca

8. 12-18-2006 11:24 PM #8
      Quote, originally posted by staygold »
      well if i bought the fitting then i would be spending 15 bucks instead of a dollar haha plus what would i do at work with my spare time........i'll have to post some pics, i think it should seal fine its hard plastic

and to anwser vrooms question the peice replaces the triangle like pretty think on the outlet side of the bov.... you just take out 4 of the allen key bolts and the cover pops off then replace the recirc fitting with the the one it comes with then hook it up

thanks ...but hook it up to what? the old dv hose? im confused sorry

9. 12-19-2006 12:43 AM #9
      bedtime bump

10. Banned
      12-19-2006 12:49 PM #10
      Theres a fin insert known as the "high velocity" insert. This produces the high pitches squeek the valve is known for.

The recirculation hose is only used for the recirculation adapter. The insert, either style is taken out and replaced with the adapter for recirculation. This protrudes from the housing and you can clamp the hose to that.

The valve in recirculation mode makes pretty much no noise at all.

11. 12-19-2006 08:59 PM #11
      i dont car about noise im asking you if the old dv hose attaches to the recirc fitting or do you need to purchase a speacial recirc hose, if so can anyone tell me where and is anything else needed? i can never get this answer out of anyone please help

12. 12-19-2006 09:14 PM #12
      just flip your dv hose and get a 1" fitting from the help section at autozone/discount auto parts/pep boys and a could extra clamps.

if you still cant figure it out sell you car or pay someone else to do your thinking for your. Not to be mean (see sig) but, come on.

13. 12-19-2006 09:50 PM #13
      ok thanks. can you show me a pic o the 1" fitting your talking about

14. 12-19-2006 11:04 PM #14
      bump

15. 12-20-2006 10:51 AM #15
      so all i nedd is the recirc adapter and the 1" fitting? thats all? what does this fitting look like i dont know what to buy. sorry help me out if you can im trying to learn to do this kinda stuff without taking my car somewhere.

BUMP

16. 12-20-2006 03:24 PM #16
      ok here is a step by step for you.

your stock dv hose will work (not very pretty but will be functional)

Go to pepboys/autozone? where ever and go to the help accesories section (if you dont know where just at a associate). The part you will be looking for is a coolent line fitting that is strait, black and has flares on the ends to keep the hose from slipping off (PART# 47095).

while your there pick up a few clamps to secure everything.

Now when you get home stick one side of the fitting in the intake, then clamp it down. Put the hose on the fitting and on the ssqv and clamp them down. Guess what YOUR DONE.

I used a diffent hose that made the look and flow alot cleaner. Once you get this to work and feel the need for the differnt hose (Hose sku# 002384 M-3044 cost is $6.50) makes everything much cleaner.

good luck

Modified by cincyTT at 2:42 PM 12-20-2006

17. 12-20-2006 04:50 PM #17
      Thanks alot cincy this is what ive been wating for you rock. i cant wait to do this now bov unrecrced suck.

18. 12-20-2006 07:47 PM #18
      my set up is about the same as the greddy recirculated set up.

http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/blowoffvalve.html