Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 113 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
    Results 3,921 to 3,955 of 6751

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Official Thread

1. 12-29-2008 03:12 PM #3921
      Wade Phillips is only there because he doesn't have the balls to stand up against Jones. He is like Jone's fat puppet.

2. 12-29-2008 03:12 PM #3922
      I don't think Vick's a good idea persay. I, do, think we should pick up a quarterback in the draft with a lot of potential. If Romo is failing/doing terrible midway through next season switch them up -- kinda like Romo came in.

3. 12-29-2008 03:16 PM #3923
      Quote, originally posted by defrost »
      ****in dumbass.

fire that fat no testicles ****.

get rid of romo too.

when does vick get out of jail?

trade up for tebow if he enters the draft?

phillips should go
      romo is better than vick

tebow will not be a good nfl qb - look at alex smith

gimmicky college offense with an awkward release - most of tebow's success in college is the fact that he is a full back when he gets a full head of steam running

the best qb in the first round is stafford - maybe trade TO and williams for a good qb to develop and dump a pair of cancers while you are at it

Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      12-29-2008 03:31 PM #3924
      Quote, originally posted by Juiced6 »

maybe trade TO and williams for a good qb to develop and dump a pair of cancers while you are at it

Hell no .... keep those guys around. It will make next year all the more interesting.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

12-29-2008 03:38 PM #3925
      Quote, originally posted by beef »
      doesnt romo the golden boy still have 5 years left on his extension? you're already running him out of town?

vick. rofl

Serious, he's still better than 80% of the other NFL QB's. Considering how hard that position is to fill, definitely just can't throw him away.

I do think that they can use a mid level draft pick on a QB and see how he turns out though.

6. 12-29-2008 03:50 PM #3926
      romo is not that good. plain and simple. there is a reason he was an undrafted free agent

banging pop stars raised his worth in the media and jones' eyes. he cashed in, and good for him , stike when the iron is hot. but he is just not that good

7. 12-29-2008 03:50 PM #3927
      Quote, originally posted by salsanacho »

Serious, he's still better than 80% of the other NFL QB's. Considering how hard that position is to fill, definitely just can't throw him away.

I do think that they can use a mid level draft pick on a QB and see how he turns out though.

100% CORRECT

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      12-29-2008 03:52 PM #3928
      yeah all this kill the qb talk cracks me up, you sound like philly fans

9. 12-29-2008 03:55 PM #3929
      Quote, originally posted by _a2coupe2a_ »
      yeah all this kill the qb talk cracks me up, you sound like philly fans

Again, I think Romo is a choker but we can't blame him solely. The team hasn't found it's stride all year long; injuries injuries injuries. We won 4 out of 5 games when we played the Giants -- after that game Marion's toe was an issue and he was proved ineffective. He was the offense this year, he got hurt and it was over.

Back to the drawing board;

-draft a QB as a backup
      -fix secondary
      -settle WR issues
      -Chemistry/chemistry/chemistry

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      12-29-2008 04:01 PM #3930
      ok so here it is... you need a stronger secondary and need to touch up your offensive line...

That is it, period. I would trade TO for a solid possession wr that can actually hold onto passes, i would get one or two new faces on that line to buy romo a little more time and open a few more holes for the rb's and get 1 more solid db.

You guys are close, you beat yourself. Look at seattle... we have been a player in the nfc ever since we came to the nfc from the afc for the most part and what superstars have we had... and if you want to talk injuries im right there with ya... a one point we were 12 deep into wr's... 12!!! Add to that almost our entire line injured starting qb out... good times.... HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??

Modified by _a2coupe2a_ at 1:02 PM 12-29-2008

11. 12-29-2008 04:04 PM #3931
      Quote, originally posted by _a2coupe2a_ »
      ok so here it is... you need a stronger secondary and need to touch up your offensive line...

That is it, period. I would trade TO for a solid possession wr that can actually hold onto passes, i would get one or two new faces on that line to buy romo a little more time and open a few more holes for the rb's and get 1 more solid db.

You guys are close, you beat yourself. Look at seattle... we have been a player in the nfc ever since we came to the nfc from the afc for the most part and what superstars have we had... and if you want to talk injuries im right there with ya... a one point we were 12 deep into wr's... 12!!! Add to that almost our entire line injured starting qb out... good times.... HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??

Modified by _a2coupe2a_ at 1:02 PM 12-29-2008

Supposedly the secondary and the cornerbacks in specific were the shining star in Dallas before the season started Look at them now.

We need to get drama queens like Pacman off the damn team; you stir **** up, you get kicked off the team

Vehicles
      e46 Touring
      12-29-2008 04:06 PM #3932
      Yeah, IMO i honestly blame the ownership for your ****ty season...

13. 12-29-2008 04:11 PM #3933
      Romo is a good quarterback, not great, but good enough. There is definitely a reason he was undrafted, and sat on the bench for 4 years. Dallas and the NFL annointed him King of the NFL WAY before he should have been. He is an average NFL quarterback right now, trying to live up to the Messiah that Dallas made him out to be. When everyone realizes this, they will understand why he's "failing." Dallas has much bigger issues than QB. Where was Roy Williams (safety) this year? Owens? Cancer. Roy Williams (WR)? Overrated. Phillips? P-ussy, can't control egos.

Witten, Romo, Barber, Felix Jones... all solid guys you can build around.

Modified by slvrdubbin at 4:13 PM 12-29-2008

P H I L L I E S | F L Y E R S | E A G L E S | S I X E R S | P E N N- S T A T E | 'N O V A

14. 12-29-2008 04:20 PM #3934
      Quote, originally posted by slvrdubbin »
      Romo is a good quarterback, not great, but good enough. There is definitely a reason he was undrafted, and sat on the bench for 4 years. Dallas and the NFL annointed him King of the NFL WAY before he should have been. He is an average NFL quarterback right now, trying to live up to the Messiah that Dallas made him out to be. When everyone realizes this, they will understand why he's "failing." Dallas has much bigger issues than QB. Where was Roy Williams (safety) this year? Owens? Cancer. Roy Williams (WR)? Overrated. Phillips? P-ussy, can't control egos.

Modified by slvrdubbin at 4:13 PM 12-29-2008

Williams broke his arm in the 2nd game of the season; he'll likely never wear a Dallas jersey again.

Vehicles
      '96 GTI 2.0, '00 Golf 1.8T
      12-29-2008 06:02 PM #3935
      Quote, originally posted by slvrdubbin »
      Romo is a good quarterback, not great, but good enough. There is definitely a reason he was undrafted, and sat on the bench for 4 years. Dallas and the NFL annointed him King of the NFL WAY before he should have been. He is an average NFL quarterback right now, trying to live up to the Messiah that Dallas made him out to be. When everyone realizes this, they will understand why he's "failing." Dallas has much bigger issues than QB.

Agreed.

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted
      FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      '02 337, '06 CBR600RR
      12-29-2008 06:06 PM #3936
      I'm still a Romo fan.

Despite the game getting out of reach, he still tried to get them back in. 3rd and short and hits T.O. with a nice pass, then Barber almost scores and gets stripped of the ball. **** happens.

I really liked Romo over riding Phillips decision on 4th and inches.

Did you see how much pain he was in at the podium? I felt bad for him

17. Member
      Vehicles
      '02 337, '06 CBR600RR
      12-29-2008 06:08 PM #3937
      Oh yeah, i still dont get why we let Matt Moore go (signed by Carolina).

Young QB with lots of upside, strong arm and has mobility like Romo.

12-29-2008 06:16 PM #3938
      Quote, originally posted by Envy 337 »

Did you see how much pain he was in at the podium? I felt bad for him

Apparently he collapsed in the shower after the game. I dunno, the shower is the last place I'd want to fall down, especially in a visitng stadium, who know's what's growing on that floor.

19. 12-29-2008 07:11 PM #3939
      Wow, First time WADE sounds legit.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80dbf650

Vehicles
      Segway turbo
      12-29-2008 07:46 PM #3940
      As bad as you guys want to bag on the QB, you're all ROMO-SEXUALS at heart.
      -Wes

21. 12-29-2008 07:59 PM #3941
      Quote, originally posted by 2002_Turbo »

Williams broke his arm in the 2nd game of the season; he'll likely never wear a Dallas jersey again.

id take him - the guy is a monster

Boiler Up!

22. 12-29-2008 08:59 PM #3942
      Quote, originally posted by Juiced6 »

id take him - the guy is a monster

he can light up anyone but can't cover a lamp

23. Member
      12-29-2008 09:39 PM #3943
      Quote, originally posted by 2002_Turbo »
      Wow, First time WADE sounds legit.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80dbf650

??

he sounds far from legit there, he is your problem, actually...maybe your only problem... he doesn't have a logical thing to say after a loss.....the players run that team, and the locker room...and now apparently the on field play calling...romo totally overruled Phillips decision to punt...did they make it? yes...but that was a giant sign of who really runs the team..

the talent on your team needs someone to put them all in line, and put the game first and egos second...it seems like Wade caters to the stars egos before he does the actual game.

slaughterhouse.

24. 12-29-2008 10:04 PM #3944
      Quote, originally posted by asinryan »

??

he sounds far from legit there, he is your problem, actually...maybe your only problem... he doesn't have a logical thing to say after a loss.....the players run that team, and the locker room...and now apparently the on field play calling...romo totally overruled Phillips decision to punt...did they make it? yes...but that was a giant sign of who really runs the team..

the talent on your team needs someone to put them all in line, and put the game first and egos second...it seems like Wade caters to the stars egos before he does the actual game.

I agree partly. I wish we had a Parcells/Cowher type; at the same time, I want to see if Wade has a different side to him. Flipping coaches every season like the skins doesnt win games.

25. 12-30-2008 11:19 AM #3945
      Thought you guys might enjoy this.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rBA41f7A0c
      P H I L L I E S | F L Y E R S | E A G L E S | S I X E R S | P E N N- S T A T E | 'N O V A

Vehicles
      a bunch
      12-30-2008 11:38 AM #3946
      dude you should send that to 610, they would play that all day long. its pretty funny too

27. 12-30-2008 11:48 AM #3947
      OPPONENTS FOR 2009

IRVING, Texas - The 2008 regular season has ended, and while the Cowboys will spend a good long while looking at what went wrong and how to fix it, there is at least something to look forward to, the 2009 schedule.

Under the NFL's scheduling formula, which was implemented with the 2002 realignment, all 32 teams are guaranteed to play each other on a regular, rotating basis.

Every team is scheduled to play all the other teams at least once every four years, playing road games in each city at least once every eight years. And the Cowboys already know who their 16 opponents will be for the 2009 season.

So in 2009 the Cowboys, playing their normal six-game NFC home-and-away schedule with the NFC East members, will also play each member of the NFC South and AFC West divisions.

By virtue of a third-place finish in the East, they are also slated for matchups against the third-place team in the NFC North (Green Bay) and the NFC West (Seattle).

This means the Cowboys will visit Washington, the New York Giants, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver, Kansas City and Green Bay.

The team will open its new stadium in Arlington, Texas, next season. In its inaugural season, the $1.2 billion venue will play host to the Cowboys' three division rivals, as well as Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Oakland and San Diego.

The Cowboys haven't played host to Oakland since 1998 and San Diego since 2001. Carolina and Atlanta last visited the Cowboys in 2003. The Cowboys haven't played a regular-season game at Denver or Kansas City since 1998.

And since this year's Thanksgiving Day game is scheduled to be televised by CBS, that means the Cowboys' opponent will be an AFC team, either San Diego or Oakland - the only two AFC teams they play at the new stadium.

Vehicles
      a bunch
      12-30-2008 11:56 AM #3948
      when the hell will dallas play a NFC east rival on thanksgiving???

29. 12-30-2008 12:02 PM #3949
      Quote, originally posted by GLI_r8cer »
      when the hell will dallas play a NFC east rival on thanksgiving???

Don't know; I hope it's the Chargers on Thanksgiving though. That would be crazy!

Vehicles
      12-30-2008 12:13 PM #3950
      Quote »
      Every team is scheduled to play all the other teams at least once every four years, playing road games in each city at least once every eight years. And the Cowboys already know who their 16 opponents will be for the 2009 season.

So in 2009 the Cowboys, playing their normal six-game NFC home-and-away schedule with the NFC East members, will also play each member of the NFC South and AFC West divisions.

By virtue of a third-place finish in the East, they are also slated for matchups against the third-place team in the NFC North (Green Bay) and the NFC West (Seattle).

I didn't realize that a team's placement affected who they would play next season - I just thought it was a rotation of sorts. What a scheduling nightmare that all must be for some poor schlub.

Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

31. 12-30-2008 01:19 PM #3951
      Quote, originally posted by Arsigi »

I didn't realize that a team's placement affected who they would play next season - I just thought it was a rotation of sorts. What a scheduling nightmare that all must be for some poor schlub.

its a simple method now
      play your division twice - 6 games
      play an afc and nfc division - 8 games

then the last 2 games are the other 2 conf divisions you did not pair up with and you play the team that finished in the same ranking

Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      12-30-2008 01:22 PM #3952
      Ah, that does sound simple when put like that - thanks.
      Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Vehicles
      Segway turbo
      12-30-2008 06:07 PM #3953
      Wade fired!!

Jerry Jones is on the phone with Shanahan right now!!!

Press conference @ 7pm...

Shanahan introduced as the new Cowboys coach

-Wes

Vehicles
      a bunch
      12-30-2008 06:32 PM #3954
      lies

Vehicles
      12-30-2008 06:34 PM #3955
      Er.... source? I read that Shanahan was fired, but that is all I have seen so far. Never really cared much for that guy - he rubs me the wrong way for some reason. But, I said the same about Parcells, too, and ended up liking him.
      Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
      Spokane's Most Posted

Page 113 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast