Thread: Dallas Cowboys Official Thread

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      11-26-2011 02:11 PM #6581
      Quote Originally Posted by 2002 View Post
      Miami is no joke.
      no apparently they're not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      At the start of the season I was a little bummed out that the Cowboys would be playing the Dolphins on Thanksgiving Day but the Dolphins late resurgence has me excited.
      Turned out to be quite a game! I still feel like we should've handled this team a little better but hats off to the Fins cuz they played us tough! That kinda performance won't cut it against a top tier team...although I'm glad we came out with the win
      for all your chroming/polishing/plating/powder coating needs- www.4everkustoms.com

Cepa

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      11-26-2011 07:41 PM #6582
      Quote Originally Posted by pop and lock View Post
      Turned out to be quite a game! I still feel like we should've handled this team a little better but hats off to the Fins cuz they played us tough! That kinda performance won't cut it against a top tier team...although I'm glad we came out with the win
      Again, I agree.

Hopefully the Saints can handle the Giants tomorrow so the Cowboys can remain in first place. But they won't beat many teams playing like they did on Thursday.

Vehicles
      94jetta(daily)**93 SLC**07 gti
      12-04-2011 07:46 PM #6583
      Im just gonna b!tch and moan about this game against the cardinals.. first off cowboys have no corners. it seems like every time we go to the air our defense can do absolutely nothing. terrance newman is washed up and gets called for pass interference 9 out of 10 times. Next, our offensive line was a joke. no pass protection what so ever in this god darn game. and all the false start calls. UN FUKIN BELIEVABLE.. Also WTF was that bs at the end of the game. you got down in field goal range with at least 15 seconds left call a effin time out run the ball again and call your last time out. BUT NOOOOOOOOOO. that would be smart. and cowboys dont like playing smart. instead we get to the line wasting around 8 seconds only to spike the ball, AND HERE COMES THE CHERRY TOP. WE ICE OUR OWN KICKER AND LOSE END UP MISSING THE FIELD GOAL to go to overtime and lose the game..

GReat job cowboys.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta 64 Beetle
      12-04-2011 07:51 PM #6584
      Fire garret! We need a good secondary and o line.
      1964 VW Beetle
      2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T
      2005 Honda XR650L
      2006 Honda CBR 600RR

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      12-05-2011 02:20 PM #6585
      The only silver lining is that the Giants also lost.

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      12-05-2011 08:31 PM #6586
      I'm not sure if you can blame that time out on Garrett...the ST and kicking coach asked him to do it and you even saw the slight hesitation from Garrett before calling it...I'll say there was some bad clock management there but I'd be hesitant on totally putting the blame on him for that TO...hey he's a new HC and there will be some growing pains with him but you can't deny he's def turned this team around from what Phillips was doing with it.

The coach I'm more so worrying about is Ryan...I had high hopes for what this guy was supposed to bring but its the same damn thing...and thats the defense letting mediocre offenses to score on them seemingly at will and especially at crunch time. For the most part I think we have the players in place to do the job but it just seems like we can't get a good defensive scheme in place? I honestly don't know what the problem is? of course the real kick in the azz is that Wade Phillips has the Texans defense looking awesome...go figure

This was just another lost opportunity...it seems that this team when given the chance to pull away for the division lead once again came up short and came up short against a team they should've beat now once again they're gonna have to fight for their playoff lives starting next week against the Gmen who despite losing gave the seemingly unstoppable Packers a run for their money...this team better get their $hit in gear for next week.
      for all your chroming/polishing/plating/powder coating needs- www.4everkustoms.com

Cepa

Vehicles
      94jetta(daily)**93 SLC**07 gti
      12-12-2011 12:07 AM #6587
      woooooo another botched game. Cowboys defense is a joke

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      12-12-2011 08:17 PM #6588
      Quote Originally Posted by Dahk Brown View Post
      woooooo another botched game. Cowboys defense is a joke
      seriously...up by two scores and they let Eli and the Giants march right down the field...twice! how many times has the offense put the team in position to win games only to allow the opposing offense a free run at the end zone? I had high expectations for the defense with Ryan in charge but its not working out...hopefully a full off season and training camp will improve this unit.

damn shame about DeMarco Murray...this kid was doing so well

They say its a game of inches...if Romo's pass to Austin late in the 4th qtr was just a shade shorter we would be celebrating a victory today ugh

I'd like to know what the odds are of losing a game on a missed last second FG 2 weeks in a row are? atleast this time it wasn't our own coaching staff freezing the kicker

Once again this team just couldn't take the easy way out..now they gotta win out or hope the Giants fall flat on their faces for us to get in...too many wasted opportunities

Cepa

9. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      12-12-2011 09:29 PM #6589
      Giants is the better team and Cowboys had 100% healthy players vs the Giants who are at 60-70% strength going into the 1st half with Bradshaw being forced to sit, Tuck not 100%, and Osi out of the game. Had the Giants brought their starting D against Romo, they will sack him left and right.

The cowboys had the easier schedule, they played against sub 500 teams in the last 4 games and still managed to lose 1 out of 4.

The Giants had to play the best teams in the game during this 4 game stretch. Patriots, 49ers, Saints, and Greenbay came out 1 for 4.

The Giants came out of this tough stretch the stronger team and playing at the level capable of scoring and staying with the best of the best in the NFL.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      12-15-2011 02:43 PM #6590
      That was a tough loss to stomach.

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      12-15-2011 05:10 PM #6591
      That was a tough loss to stomach.
      it was one of many this season but if we win out we're in...if we don't then we're out...its that simple...we still have a chance but the way this team has been so inconsistent this season I'm not sure I have faith in them to pull it off

It'd be nice to win the division tho and maybe have an opening round playoff game win but realistically the wildcard teams are just playing for who will be cannon fodder for the Packers and Saints...I think its gonna come down to those two teams shooting it out for the rights to play in the SB

Cepa

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      12-18-2011 07:14 PM #6592
      I completely forgot the dates and didn't realize that the Cowboys were on last night and didn't set a timer on my DVR while I was at work so I couldn't watch but it sounds like it was a nice first half performance by Romo.

And thank you Redskins for beating the Giants today.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta 64 Beetle
      12-19-2011 06:59 AM #6593
      I completely forgot the dates and didn't realize that the Cowboys were on last night and didn't set a timer on my DVR while I was at work so I couldn't watch but it sounds like it was a nice first half performance by Romo.

Yeah, I was taking a nap before work (work nights) and my son wakes me up and tells me the cowboys are playing! I was aww crap it's Sunday morning and I over slept. Hahahaha
      1964 VW Beetle
      2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T
      2005 Honda XR650L
      2006 Honda CBR 600RR

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      12-19-2011 07:57 PM #6594

I recorded it yeah other than getting sacked and losing the ball Romo once again looked fantastic! the defense looked much better with the scaled back/simple game plan...albeit was against the Bucs...one thing that did bother me is that it seemed they went into cruise control in the 2nd half...thats not gonna cut it against a really good team...I'd like to seem them develop a killer instinct and keep the pressure on opposing teams when they get them down.

Crazy day yesterday...thank you Skins for beating the Giants! the Pack lost?! to the damn Chiefs wtf?! Eagles are looking scary again ugh

Cepa

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      12-19-2011 11:14 PM #6595
      I swear... it seems like every year the Cowboys and Eagles end up playing at the end of the season with a playoff spot on the line.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic (W204)
      01-03-2012 11:40 PM #6596
      Different year, same ending.

Broke even -- secondary, for the past 5 years, hasn't been able to cover a lamp.

Offensive line improved a little this year; still need another strong lineman.

Here's to next year and being able to retain a lot of our firepower.

Felix is a bitch; we need Murray healthy and a good RB.

Disgrace

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      01-04-2012 10:23 AM #6597
      The Cowboys need a new GM.
      -Matt

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      01-04-2012 12:59 PM #6598
      The Cowboys will be a different team with a healthy Murray.

They really need to address the secondary in the offseason as well as the offensive line like 2002 mentioned.

And staying healthy would be a nice bonus. They were really banged up this year.

19. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      01-04-2012 10:31 PM #6599
      The Cowboys will be a different team with a healthy Murray.

They really need to address the secondary in the offseason as well as the offensive line like 2002 mentioned.

And staying healthy would be a nice bonus. They were really banged up this year.
      Cowboys should give Garret one more chance, I think he's way too conservative in a league that's got high powered offense.

When the Cowboys have 2-3 touchdown leads and still manage to lose more than 2 games it tells you that the coaches are holding Romo's offense back.

Teams like the Pats that don't even have a legit defense continues to win because they don't stop scoring.

20. 01-05-2012 10:18 AM #6600
      Jason Garret is learning on the job. The place to do that is High School, and maybe not even acceptable there...

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      01-05-2012 05:45 PM #6601
      A disappointing end to the year no doubt but it could be worse...you could be an Eagles fan...they were a favorite pick by many including myself to not only win the East but possibly go onto the SB for the NFC...that being said this team lost alot of games they should've won and if they would have won those game the game vrs the Giants at the end of the year would have been meaningless...oh well

Forget about a real GM cuz it ain't gonna happen...sucks I know but thats just the way its gonna be for awhile

Yes secondary is our main concern going into the offseason...this team lost out bigtime by not signing Atogwe and Amandi...not sure who will be available via FA or the draft but this is a MUST area of fixing.

Offensive line wasn't as bad as it could've been considering all the new faces but I do think a really good center should be what they look for first...also don't be surprised if they swap Doug Free and Tyron Smith...Smith is a very gifted athlete and at his young age(21)could make the switch with the proper coaching...we'll see.

FA they NEED to resign...WR Laurent Robinson! this guy really shined and with Dez and Austin I think we have a pretty formidable WR corps

Other than a key addition to the offensive line and I think we are set on offense...defense obviously needs the secondary worked on and it wouldn't hurt to groom a linebacker to replace Bradie James and despite Jay Ratliff being a beast I feel we need a HUGE body at NT and maybe move Ratliff to DE...the verdict is still out on Ryan but perhaps a full offseason in his system will tell another tale?

Jason Garett did an ok job for a rookie head coach...yes there is room for improvement which will come in time but we will have to endure some growing pains with him.

Cepa

Vehicles
      Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC Luxury
      04-05-2012 01:20 AM #6602
      where is everyone.... great off season so far. lets hope we draft a great player in the first round.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      04-05-2012 02:44 PM #6603
      Quote Originally Posted by ilde10 View Post
      where is everyone.... great off season so far. lets hope we draft a great player in the first round.
      With a good draft the Cowboys can really make some improvements.

And I saw Witten's new gloves.

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 03:28 PM #6604
      Yeah the gloves look awesome. I wish they switched all the jerseys to more of a college style look. The NFL needed a refreshing change imo.

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      04-18-2012 11:31 AM #6605
      I think some of the moves were ok...while Carr is a definite upgrade over Newman at CB I think they may have overpaid him a bit...they kinda painted themselves in a corner for not getting Asmunga last year but it is what it is...I like Conner at ILB over James or Brooking and Brodney Poole is just a stopgap/insurance if they don't get a safety in the draft...I am however scratching my head at the two FA guards they picked up...paid a little too much for what are basically two backups would've liked for them to have picked up Grubbs from the Ravens and there were several really good centers that were available in FA...offensive line still concerns me...first pick in draft will no doubt be defense...who they pick is anyone's guess? who would you guys like to see them grab with the 14th pick?

Cepa

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      04-18-2012 02:19 PM #6606
      I don't follow college football close enough to make statements on mock drafts.

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 07:32 PM #6607
      i think ill be happy with cox or barron. not really big on poe. i really like decastro but defense is a bigger need.

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      04-19-2012 11:47 AM #6608
      i think ill be happy with cox or barron. not really big on poe. i really like decastro but defense is a bigger need.
      my gut says its gonna be Barron but in reality I think they're gonna take the best player left on the board...don't know much about Cox...Poe is either gonna be a bust or boom guy and Barron...while I feel they really need a playmaker on the backend of the defense I just get the feeling he's kinda a safety of the Roy Williams mold...I guess we'll find out sat.

Cepa

Vehicles
      04-21-2012 04:41 PM #6609
      so the patriots are considering moving up to get barron.

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      04-22-2012 10:40 AM #6610
      so the patriots are considering moving up to get barron.
      that could be a plus if they decide to trade picks with us...I'm sure they know he's one of our targets to get...I'm sure that big of a move would involve giving us their 1st this yr and next plus some other pics...I'll take that! this team still has alot of holes to fill so getting some extra pics especially in the 1st/2nd rds would be great!

Cepa

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 09:10 PM #6611
      Omg claiborne!!! Im shocked and stoked!!

Vehicles
      03 GTI/ 2011 CC
      04-27-2012 09:22 PM #6612
      Omg claiborne!!! Im shocked and stoked!!
      I know right! def. did not see that move coming...no one could have...and they only gave up their 2nd to do it...awesome

Cepa

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      04-30-2012 01:52 PM #6613
      I loved the trade to move up!

34. Member
      Vehicles
      Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic (W204)
      08-02-2012 03:55 PM #6614
      Aside from Dez Bryant being arrested :Banghead: I am getting really excited about this year!

35. 08-03-2012 10:59 PM #6615
      and Jerry Jones shouting his dirty mouth off...

Page 189 of 193 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193 LastLast