Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current News on the "New" Scirocco (Feb.06.2007)

Vehicles
      88 Scirocco 16V 2.0, 12 Golf TDI, FS 03 Passat Wagon
      03-21-2007 07:53 PM #26
      niiiiiiiiice

2. 03-22-2007 01:49 AM #27
      Wa wa wee wa you like.........

Vehicles
      a Mk4 and a B5.
      03-23-2007 03:14 AM #28
      Remember the Jetta Coupe concept from some years back, CJ, or something? I vaguely remember it from European Car Magazine (RIP). It almost looks like that, the red one does. The green one...meh.
      And it's similar enough to the Mk5 VW's to fit in, you know, not too outlandish. I still miss my '81 Scirocco S
      Gone and missed: '96 FZJ80, '89 16v GLI, '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray.

4. 03-24-2007 12:11 AM #29
      definatly a fan of the red. It looks nice and clean. But I've seen the green is the only one pictured in any mags.... eww.

Vehicles
      1997 Audi A4 2.8 V-6 5 speed
      03-27-2007 12:01 AM #30
      I like the red one.
      but the green one looks like a totaly different car.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2010MY Volkswagen Golf Wagen TDI Comfortline 6MT
      03-30-2007 04:16 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by kr964 »
      I think it'll look more like this :

I wish.
      The IROC is nice, but not different enough from the GTI concept for me. And I bought a GTI for the amount of interior space... I'm not keen on losing any headroom since I'm 6-4.
      I also post on BDFD.com

7. 04-01-2007 07:08 PM #32
      Why are people so down on the new Scirocco? It's sleek, sporty, and just drop dead gorgeous.
      I've heard the whole "But it doesn't look like a Scirocco" thing, and you know what, you can cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. Why on earth would you want cars that all look the same? Besides, the the Mk1 & Mk2 models are no more dissimilar from each other than the Mk3 is from the previous models.
      And if we want to be really anal about this, we could bring up the fact that the Corrado looks like a smoother Mk1. Now why on earth would they name it that if the design implication are that obvious?
      Oh, and that red thing is a Scirocco that will never see production.

8. 04-03-2007 03:20 AM #33
      Just to add two more cents, that red scirocco looks more like a modern day corrado than anything, with me people?!

9. 04-03-2007 07:21 PM #34
      Played around with photoshop, what you think of these colors?

Vehicles
      88 Scirocco, 78 bus, 91 Vanagon
      04-03-2007 07:50 PM #35
      Quote, originally posted by L.Williams »
      Played around with photoshop, what you think of these colors?

I think that blue one is making my pants TIGHT... [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      www.rikerstardresser.com - I'm a donor, are you? - www.marrow.org

Vehicles
      88 Scirocco, 78 bus, 91 Vanagon
      04-03-2007 07:53 PM #36
      the more I look at this, the more I want one.
      that is a DAMN FINE LOOKING CAR.
      I dont care if the call it a scirocco, a corado, iroc. whateve.r they could call it at "PINTO" and I would still want one. Mark my words, Im going to get a second job so I can save my pennies and mail one of these over from wherever the hell they sell em.
      www.rikerstardresser.com - I'm a donor, are you? - www.marrow.org

12. 04-06-2007 07:49 AM #37
      if they do not bring it over here. they should atleast let us start production of the other scirocco here in the US, like the scirocco cabriolet.

13. 04-10-2007 12:06 AM #38

Sweet, looks lot better in blue than kermit the frog green.
      Still think it looks like a stepped on GTI rather than a successor to the Scirocco and Corrado though. It will really be a shame if VW can't get this (a small sleek coupe) done.

14. 04-10-2007 11:51 AM #39
      KINDA LOOKS LIKE A FASTBACK gti
      Total hotness. The blue really looks 25x better than the green..agreed.
      Yeah I will be driving one of those..ship it over if need be..Damn a DUB like that would sell like hotcakes in the US Me thinks..

Modified by Fugitiv at 8:53 AM 4-10-2007

Vehicles
      2each'78s,81S,TTQ,S2 8V, race Corvette
      04-16-2007 03:47 PM #40
      Quote, originally posted by 6cylVWguy »
      This is good news.
      There are so many unanswered questions though. I am very much interested in what this vehicle looks like. If it's like a squished rabbit instead of having it's own unique lines, I'm not sure I would be a fan.
      However, if VW can pull this off correctly, this is likely to be the only VW I would consider buying in the future. Though judging by how recent VWs are priced and equipped, features on this car are going to be crucial. If they basically do the opposite to what the USDM mkV R32 is going to be like, they could have a winner.
      Just some harmless fantasy, but I would love to see new rocco that harkens back to design cues of either the mkI rocco or Corrado, equipped with a 240hp 2.0t. Have a package 0 car equipped identically to a package 0 GTI, though allow for AWD to be a standalone option. If I could get a package 0, 240hp, traditional 6 speed manual, and AWD for 26-27k, I will own one. Assuming of course, it's available in the US when the lease of my GTI is up. This would be the ideal situation IMO.

I couldn't agree more....from what I've seen...I won't buy it...even though I'm dead smack in their market demographic center.I wan't a NEW SCIROCCO NOT a Shrunken GOLF/MINIVAN.
      The feeling of immortality extends right up until the moment of impact.
      I cannot teach you how to be a Zen mechanic, grasshopper.
      The VW Scirocco, the worlds fastest ECONOMY car.

Vehicles
      2each'78s,81S,TTQ,S2 8V, race Corvette
      04-16-2007 07:43 PM #41
      Jamie...Let me translate the specs above to real- world numbers. compared to my mark-one Scirocco.....so it's going to be approx....

1250 LBS HEAVIER (at least!)
      6 inches TALLER or the height of a MK2 JETTA
      6-10 inches LONGER
      With a hatch appx half the size
      and a price 2/3rds of an Audi TT (2007)
      Sorry! that's no Scirocco...it's the FREAKIN! UPS TRUCK!
      My 78 is....1700 lbs wet.
      51 inches tall
      149.5 long (sans bumpers) or 155 with.
      48 " hatch width or one Complete LAZY-BOY arm chair with the hatch closed...
      Why does VW do this? It's a cross-over VAN!

The feeling of immortality extends right up until the moment of impact.
      I cannot teach you how to be a Zen mechanic, grasshopper.
      The VW Scirocco, the worlds fastest ECONOMY car.

17. 04-21-2007 08:36 PM #42
      why do they do it? lots of reasons. we want more 'content', safety - no 30 year old car could hope to survive a current crash test... sorry, things move on. Think of how much more chassis rigidity your tt (third gen scirocco) has vs the 78.
      I would still prefer a swoopy fast back hatch that was small over the stepped on gti. I have a gti and it does not look as good as my corrado... the corrado wants a baby brother, but doesnt want the tt

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 S4, 2004 Golf GTI 1.8T
      04-23-2007 09:16 PM #43
      Quote, originally posted by jamie@vwvortex »
      There are currently *no* plans to offer this *new* Scirocco in the U.S. market. That *might* change with Winterkorn coming on board at VWAG, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.

Surely Winterkorn wouldn't push it on the US when Hallmark says "We don't want it."

19. 04-23-2007 11:42 PM #44
      vw is a rudderless ship
      concept r - dead
      swoopy coupe (aka iroc = stepped on gti) - dead
      we dont want them... we have too many things that have a back that opens... we want the rav4 thing.... america doesnt want a small car (polo).....
      give us more over weight, over-sized, and over proportioned vehicles, yes that is what the fat americans want...

20. 04-24-2007 11:20 AM #45
      Quote, originally posted by MonoSki »
      vw is a rudderless ship
      concept r - dead
      swoopy coupe (aka iroc = stepped on gti) - dead
      we dont want them... we have too many things that have a back that opens... we want the rav4 thing.... america doesnt want a small car (polo).....
      give us more over weight, over-sized, and over proportioned vehicles, yes that is what the fat americans want...

VW is just not the ship for you! VW's ship has a rudder. It is pointed at TOYOTA (and VW may sink). VW wants more of the average customer's money.
      What about all the other cars that you can't get from Europe (MG, Fiat, Alpha, Citron, Scoda)? Do you think that the US would buy them? The US is into TRUCKs now. When gas gets to $40 per gal small cars will be more interesting to the US but only if city's have no parking (like EUROPE and Japan).

21. 04-24-2007 01:25 PM #46
      perhaps not. though we do have 4 of them... 2 current and 2 older models. rudderless ship stands, though it might also have too many rudders depending on how you look at it.
      unfortunately vw seems like a brand that is trying to decide what it wants to be.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      04-24-2007 01:42 PM #47
      Quote, originally posted by MonoSki »
      unfortunately vw seems like a brand that is trying to decide what it wants to be.

I think this is spot on. And is frankly pathetic from a company that's been around as long as VW. The problem is management and communication. Though to be honest, it seems VW has always had a bizarre grouping of management. If I recall correctly, I beleive for a short period after WWII GI's were running the company just to push out product and get some revenue. I believe that was from a VW book I read.
      Really, given the likely disorganization within the company it's a damn miracle the mkV gti turned out as nice as it did!

23. 04-26-2007 09:48 PM #48
      I think the concept Iroc looks like the Civic from the 90's The red one looks awesome. I probably would changed the front a bit . VW was always weak in this aera. It is high time to change the massive VW logo with something more appealing.

Vehicles
      2005 new jetta
      05-02-2007 08:35 PM #49
      Quote, originally posted by kr964 »
      I think it'll look more like this :

it look more like a corrado than scirocco

25. 05-03-2007 10:52 AM #50
      Wow. That ^^^^^ looks amazing. I would trade my mkv gti in for that in a heart beat. It's GTI meets R8.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast