Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Current News on the "New" Scirocco (Feb.06.2007)

Vehicles
      Bora SE Polo 6N Scirocco GT
      02-14-2009 05:36 AM #276
      Quote, originally posted by xtremevdub »
      I would love to see that pic..

Here you go.

It's from this site.
      http://www.volkspage.net/artigos/15/
      My two cents.
      I'm a huge fan of the original Scirocco. I have a Mk2 Scirocco Storm.
      My initial reaction to the Iroc concept. Ewwwwww. Hideous.
      Then when pics of the production New Scirocco came along, I was a little more impressed. I still hated the rear end though.
      When I saw one in the metal for the first time, it looked eleventymillion times better than in the pics I had seen.
      When I had a test drive in a 2.0 TSI with the DSG gearbox I was sold. Now I really like it.
      I'm still not happy about the lack of fastback but they do look awesome when you see them out on the road.
      Message ends.
      To keep my VW 100% original, I inflate my tyres with compressed air imported from Germany.

2. 04-08-2009 07:01 PM #277
      http://www.edmunds.com/insidel...45708
      Since the various articles online all quote this same guy "Tom Wegehaupt" as being the deliverer of bad news, I emailed him my disappointment with their decision.
      I recommend others that feel the same way harrass him: thomas.wegehaupt@vw.com

3. 04-20-2009 01:07 AM #278
      i also just sent a dissapointment email

....not like it'll matter

04-24-2009 01:18 AM #279
      VW...
      It's not just dub guys at this point. Way to **** up.
      http://www.indycarz.com/forum/...35216
      Algunos padres son poetas, todos los hijos son poesías. ♥

Vehicles
      2012 Audi A4 Avant Prestige with Titanium Package
      06-09-2009 03:30 PM #280
      TechEd wrote: at 4:45 PM 6-8-2009
      "Professional driver on closed course"
      SpeedWerks Racing - 05/06 CASC Ontario Region GTA Champion
      2007 DCSCC Autocross Champ Series - Top 3 Overall PAX Points
      Tech ed writes:
      "Jeeez. Here we go again, but I’ll bite anyway.
      The knee-jerk, “lemonade stand” business sense that some self-righteous consumers extol in forums nowadays is extremely troubling to see. Oversimplified and shortsighted, this, along with deeming themselves victims when a beloved Brand fails to deliver something desirable, has become really pathetic. It’s time for many here to give their head a shake, walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and stop jumping on “misery loves company” bandwagons. In this case, the bandwagon is one critical of things on which little in the way of facts or reason is known. This is especially true for importing small numbers of any Eurozone product to the USA, be it cars or otherwise."
      "First, who died and declared VWGoA solely responsible for the decision to not import the Scirocco now? News Flash: It was not their call. The approval process is far more complicated than most can imagine. It’s likely that the importer provided competitive, local market data to VWAG and they validated it based on their own research and historical data. Initial certification losses and overhead financials relative to a small volume risk probably played a big role. Despite what the pundits have to say, especially in light of the current global automotive crisis, it was no surprise that the current business case as crunched by VWAG for Scirocco in the USA failed miserably. Like any cautious parent, we can imagine that VWAG will no longer tolerate import losses in the USA until the balance sheets here approach black …and the only time that is likely to happen is when profits on the books from VWGoA Chattanooga production offset the losses associated with imported sport niche or “brand magnet” models."
      "For those willing to understand, let’s put this into perspective: Remember that VWGoA has not seen an operating profit since 2002. It continues to lose money on every Eurozone product it imports. The crap exchange rate, along with only adequate long term currency hedging and meager margin offset from Mexican products is the primary reason. Anyone in any import business in the USA will immediately identify that the main goal of VWGoA product planners right now is not overall operating profit, but minimizing the losses on overseas product importation. Evidence of this is their reduction in model proliferation and number of build variants that always demand production premiums. Their future challenges for Polo and Phaeton business in the US exist in totally different contexts compared to the Scirocco. This is due to their unique projected volume/margin ratios. Sorry, it’s apples, oranges and strawberries."
      "It’s a noble effort in the most expensive world market in which to do import car business (certification, potential litigation, highest world market warranty costs etc.). Dabbling with low volume “brand magnet” models like the R32 and Eos, all the while suffering under a loss control strategy watched over by a conservative, yet powerful parent year after year must suck at the corporate level. But, their focus on keeping the Brand presence alive in the USA through decent margins for their Dealers, selling solid middle to mainstream and upscale product (much to the chagrin of those on the fringe), has proven successful (despite Rome crumbling around them as we speak). Importing yet another Eurozone niche model to their US portfolio, esp. in the small quantities associated with a sport segment cost structure, would be reckless and irresponsible at this time. They’re doing a fine job without it."
      "Indeed, the fact that VWAG and VWGoA have fared better than most during the current auto crisis should not be overlooked. The slain giants, GM & Chrysler, and Toyota etc., are now analyzing and benchmarking VWAG’s resilience in these tough times. Similar to Ford, VWAG went through a brutal cost-cutting and right-sizing process three years ago, re-emerging with refocused global business strategies and R&D investments. This resulted in market-appropriate products, served by the right number of dealers that were allocated volumes accordingly (not shoved down their throat) …these all being areas that the now-suffering giants constantly abused because they thought they could call the shots and afford to do so. Most importantly, analysts agree now that part of the success of the VWAG & VWGoA-AoA partnership was not yielding to consumer demands for new models with dangerous business case resumes. Sometimes it’s smart to say NO because sometimes, the customer is not always right. The saying: “We have met the enemy, and he is us” …comes to mind."
      "Reckless pandering to a car buying public that, for the most part, are fickle, unpredictable and self-absorbed is but one of many reasons why outfits like GM and Chrysler are in such bad shape. At its worst, the decision for men to buy a car is not made with the big head, but with the little head. As with clothes, women buy a car not for themselves, but for other women. The failure of GM and Chrysler actually mirrors the stupid behaviour of many of their customers …in that they lived well beyond their means and denied the eventual circumstances. It’s not the right way to live and not the right way to run a railroad."
      "I’m a Volkswagen enthusiast who wants the Brand to remain healthy for many years to come. I want my children and grandchildren to drive and enjoy them, As such, VWAG is to be commended for not exporting the Scirocco to the USA at this time. "

-TECH ED-

I tried to explain that bringing the same number of Scirocco's here as the original R32 is a great idea, and anyone with this was merely looking for VW and VOA to succeed not fail. Look at the poll page and see what this guy wrote about what the folks who want a car like this.
      Again, I will vote to bring the car here

Modified by Zwei Bora Tdi at 8:36 PM 6-9-2009

Modified by Zwei Bora Tdi at 8:38 PM 6-9-2009

6. 01-16-2010 10:15 PM #281
      MK4 Scirocco?

Last edited by Doug T; 05-12-2010 at 12:28 AM.
      TEAM DHE/FAST 76 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO 2X 08,9,10,12,13 & 14 regional champ.
      TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO 04 & 07 regional champ.
      1987 KARMANN 16V MK2 SILVER SCIROCCO
      Parts--> http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's

Vehicles
      1980 Scirocco / 2004 R32
      01-17-2010 09:25 AM #282
      I see what you did there.
      I approve. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Mike
      <insert signature here>

8. 01-17-2010 01:12 PM #283
      They'd better hurry up or I'm gonna have to lease a Camaro

It's time for my almost 25 year old Rocco to be on the road for only six months of the year, and for pleasure not business use.

9. 01-30-2010 01:13 AM #284
      I am trying to get you a New New Scirocco....

Modified by Doug T at 9:54 AM 1-30-2010
      TEAM DHE/FAST 76 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO 2X 08,9,10,12,13 & 14 regional champ.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Eurovan, 2001 VW Cabrio, '89 BMW 635csi, '85 Bertone (Fiat) x1/9
      01-30-2010 08:56 AM #285
      Quote, originally posted by Doug T &raquo;
      MK4 Scirocco?

OMG, VW, you should sit up and take notice....build a Scirocco/Corrado concept like THIS...and you will have customers like me falling over themselves getting to the dealer to BUY IT. WHY the heck they couldn't think of a design like this is beyond me. 'nuff said - RB

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 VW MkV GTI
      02-10-2010 12:08 PM #286
      Quote, originally posted by Doug T &raquo;
      MK4 Scirocco?

Quote, originally posted by g60runner67 &raquo;
      OMG, VW, you should sit up and take notice....build a Scirocco/Corrado concept like THIS...and you will have customers like me falling over themselves getting to the dealer to BUY IT. WHY the heck they couldn't think of a design like this is beyond me. 'nuff said - RB

My 2 cents: I like this design, most of it: rear, front, side.
      But I don't like the truncated lower rear corner of the back quarter window: too evocative of BMW:

Making it pointy like in the original Corrado would work for me as it would recall the original Corrado shape more.
      But still, a very good job!
      Andy Nguyen \ aqn at panix dot com \ mkv-gti.net \ gti-vr6.net

12. 02-11-2010 11:57 PM #287
      If I could just get the back window slope of the SCIROCCO to go the correct direction I would be happy. I have an even better design but I have not finished it up enough to post it. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      00 Passat / 08 Passat / 10 Scirocco
      04-06-2010 07:03 AM #288
      No, It's just a photoshopped new Jetta Coupe

14. 04-22-2010 02:48 PM #289
      If they ever bring the Scirocco over to the States, they should put a V6 in it! The TSI is great, but something about the growl and power of a N/A V6... Nothing like it.

15. 05-12-2010 12:33 AM #290
      Quote Originally Posted by HKB5Variant View Post
      No, It's just a photoshopped new Jetta Coupe
      : )

Vehicles
      85 scirocco 1.8T, 93 SLC, Bee Five.5 Variant, 03 Tacoma 4x4
      08-22-2010 01:04 PM #291
      that looks sooo good... i wish the new rocco looked like that... looks like a new rocco or corrado... I would brake my piggy bank for that.

17. 02-02-2011 05:29 PM #292
      In some European circles the corrado is listed as been the scirocco Gen3 or that other scirocco. But just like things change. The ghia was replaced by the rocco 1 rocco 1 was replaced by the rocco 2 and the rocco 2 was replaced by the corrado ( in the us). I for one would get one if I could get 2 baby seats in the rear. Guess we should just be happy they didnt release another supercharged corrado and make it RWD!!!

18. 02-26-2011 02:19 AM #293
      Quote Originally Posted by DigiFaNt View Post
      In some European circles the corrado is listed as been the scirocco Gen3 or that other scirocco. But just like things change. The ghia was replaced by the rocco 1 rocco 1 was replaced by the rocco 2 and the rocco 2 was replaced by the corrado ( in the us). I for one would get one if I could get 2 baby seats in the rear. Guess we should just be happy they didnt release another supercharged corrado and make it RWD!!!
      The ghia was replaced by the rocco 1 (Because Karmann wanted to keep building cars and keep jobs, VW did not care about the Gia in the late 60s but Karmann did) rocco 1 was replaced by the rocco 2 and the rocco 2 was replaced by the Corrado (but the MK2 remained in production till 92 because of the price of the Corrado).

19. Member
      Vehicles
      '08 touareg, '97 jb de x2, '86 vr6 Rocco, '84 8v Rocco, '95 Vr cabby, 88 cabriolet 1.8t "both hers"
      03-12-2011 11:09 PM #294
      That is dougy fresh I have a spare 97' gti that's just waiten for a trade in or outright sell whenever they bring it over... Whichever gives me more towards it...

20. 04-28-2011 01:00 AM #295
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
      : )

From an interview with the retired Design Manager for Karmann (1950s-90s). This is the man who made the tooling for the BMW 6 and 2002 , several Porches, the Scirocco 1, the tooling and many design details for the Scirocco 2 and spent 5 years working on the Corrado.

Interviewer:
      "What pleases you about the new Scirocco 3?"

"Shall I be honest? - Gar not, the Scirocco 3 does not look like a coupe! In "2 + 2" for me hears on the coupe. The silhouette is much too-heavy sedan."

Interviewer:
      "What would you do to the Scirocco 3 if you were still involved?"

"In any case make it, "coupe-like"."

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112