Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Double DIN into a single DIN MKIV Jetta?

1. 02-21-2007 10:23 AM #1
      Searched but only found info for the MKV (great write up, but doesn't help me).
      Surely someone has done this - swapping in the double DIN Monsoon to replace the single DIN Monsoon.
      Got the wiring harnesses, etc from Enfig.com (quick shipment and quality parts, BTW), but I'm not satisfied with the dimmer not working and the HU staying on w/o a key.
      Has anyone figured out how to wire it so that it works as it would have from the factory?

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      02-21-2007 02:29 PM #2
      No one has figured it out to my knowledge.

3. Banned
      02-21-2007 02:32 PM #3
      you didn't look very hard.

VWVortex Forums/Technical Forums/ Car Audio and Electronics/ FAQ's

there is a complete write-up DIY there and the forum sponsor, Einfig can supply every connector needed for plug and play.

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      02-21-2007 02:38 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by LSinLV »
      you didn't look very hard.

VWVortex Forums/Technical Forums/ Car Audio and Electronics/ FAQ's

there is a complete write-up DIY there and the forum sponsor, Einfig can supply every connector needed for plug and play.

But the dimmer still doesn't work and the deck doesn't auto off with the key. He also said that he already got the connectors from Enfig. Cmon Larry.

5. Banned
      02-21-2007 02:42 PM #5
      Quote, originally posted by bluebora20v »

But the dimmer still doesn't work and the deck doesn't auto off with the key. He also said that he already got the connectors from Enfig. Cmon Larry.

I stand corrected....

6. 02-21-2007 05:10 PM #6
      Well crap...I wanted an in-dash disc player to go with the changer in the trunk and the double-din looks better, but I'm not willing to give up a perfectly functional, dimming, turn-off-when-I-want-it-to-all-by-itself single din for that.

7. Banned
      02-21-2007 05:12 PM #7
      Quote, originally posted by whitesco »
      Well crap...I wanted an in-dash disc player to go with the changer in the trunk and the double-din looks better, but I'm not willing to give up a perfectly functional, dimming, turn-off-when-I-want-it-to-all-by-itself single din for that.

why not do what I did....keep the in dash cd with the casstte radio, and get a Phatbox (if you still can)...best of all worlds.

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      02-21-2007 05:21 PM #8
      Or better yet, the OEM 6disk indash SD changer with Phatbox.

9. 02-21-2007 05:23 PM #9
      I don't have an indash CD - just the single-din cassette with a changer. I was trying to put the double-din in which does have the indash CD, but I don't want the hacked-up junk to go with it. So unless I or someone smarter than I can figure out how to make the double-din work correctly in a single-din car, there will be a new listing on ebay pretty soon...ditto for the leather-wrapped multifunction wheel I wanted to use with it.