PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
In an effort to improve the signal to noise ratio on our forums we ask that you abide by these guidelines when participating. With over 50,000 registered members from all over the world we have reached a point where tremendous diversity, age, education, location and more are all factors to consider when participating in our forums. We want to promote a clean, healthy, respectful atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions, participate in this community and generally have a good time discussing the things we love most - cars.
With that in mind, here are the rules:
THE BIG RULES: Violation of these rules is grounds for IMMEDIATE banning of your account. If you think we're kidding, think again.
- No profanity in subject lines or signatures.
- No spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator. Selling of individual items is permissable by a private owner in our Classifieds forums, however selling multiple items of the same product is considered a commericial post and may be removed at the discretion of moderators and/or staff. Group buy topics maybe posted in the forum they most apply to as long as the company conducting the group buy is a full banner advertiser on VWvortex. Classifieds belong in the classified forum. Only VWvortex banner advertisers (not Directory advertisers) are permitted to make commercial posts in the general forums. Directory advertisers can make group buy or commericial posts only in the classifieds.
- No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. ANY personal attacks or name calling will get you banned.
- No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts.
- No linking or posting of pornographic or objectionable material.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
- Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden.
- Posting under secondary usernames or alias user names other than your main account for the purpose of arguing, degrading or belittling other readers is grounds for having your posting privileges revoked.
- You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator.
- No signatures with more than five lines total.
- A car forum like VWvortex is not the place to post personal problems, questions about personal relationships, etc. These types of posts will be deleted.
- No VWvortex or Vortex related user names are permitted and may be revoked without notice.
These are here to help you (and others) have an enjoyable experience here.
- Respect both forum moderators and administrators. It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up other people's messes is never fun.
- No SHOUTING. Don't use all caps when posting. It is difficult to read and annoying.
- Try to post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.
- No cross-posting. (see spamming above)
- Refrain from using profanity or cr3ative spell1ng to get around the censor filters.
- Respect the privacy of other members and individuals. Do not post personal information about them (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, etc.)
- No buying, selling, or trading anywhere outside of the Classified Forum.
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material.
- Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
Moderators and administrators frequently review forum messages for those that are in violation of VWvortex rules. Any messages found to be in violation may be deleted without warning or explanation. VWvortex also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason.
There are going to be topics and discussions that will have heated debates. Please think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and not make this a personal issue between you and another reader. There is tremendous diversity in age, race, gender, language, location (worldwide) and more here and there will be a lot of varying opinions on different subjects. We're all human beings and we we're all drawn to this site because we have a common bond as Volkswagen and car enthusiasts.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for VWvortex to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that VWvortex does not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. VWvortex does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of VWvortex or any entity associated with VWvortex. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. VWvortex has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if determined that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Discussion Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by VWvortex.
Although this Discussion Forum does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at VWvortex reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless VWvortex, ZeroForum (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We at this discussion forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on these discussion forums.