Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2000 Passat Turn Signals Not Working

1. 04-02-2007 12:26 PM #1
      I am posting for a buddy of mine.

His girlfriend has a 2000 Passat.

She said both of her turn signals are not working.

I am a MK4/MK5 guy.

I am just checking to see what relay/fuse could be causing the problem.

Is the relay under the dash on the drivers side like on the MK4's?

If so, what # is on the relay?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. 04-02-2007 03:52 PM #2
      http://replacement.autopartswa...false

This should be a link to the part you will wanna try first. I just dealt this this on my 2001 B5.5 passat.

Basically this is the relay that controls the blinkers, and the hazards. Its located directly behind the hazard button on the dash.

Just get some small screw drivers and carefully (it scratches) pry the button face out of the dash. Then using pliers (again carefully) pull the relay out. Its a really easy fix.

If changing this relay does not work, then you have a little more work on your hands. You might want to replace the turn signal lever. Its about an hour if your handy, and 2-3 if your not. I just did it on saturday. Involves taking off the airbag, steering wheel, and then the turn signal lever can be replaced. Costs about $75 for a VW OEM replacement.

Replacing both of those fixed my problem like a charm.

Good luck,

Dub on

06' MKV GTI 6MT - APR Stage 1 - Upgraded OEM DV

Dub on......

3. 04-02-2007 03:53 PM #3
      Disclaimer, working on airbags is dangerous. Disconnect the battery.

There is a DIY on passat world. I have the link on my home computer. Lemme know if you wanna see it.

06' MKV GTI 6MT - APR Stage 1 - Upgraded OEM DV

Dub on......

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Jetta TDI
      04-02-2007 03:55 PM #4
      Did you check the fuses??? Do the emergency flashers work? Check fuse 2 and 39 IIRC for continuity. If your fuses are okay, then it's probably the hazzard switch which also controls the blinking of the turn signals, although it could be the turn signal stalk also. The relay is behind the hazzard push button. It's about a $25-$30 part at the dealer. Carefully pry the hazzard pushputton out so as not to scratch the dash. Disconnect the electrical connector on the back, plug the new switch in, and push switch back into dash.