Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlequin Appreciation Thread

1. 05-02-2007 12:22 AM #141
      I had a woman follow me about 10 miles up the road once, noticed her right off the bat, she made every turn I did, finally I pulled into the Lowes parking lot (where I was going) I get out and ask if there is anything I can do to help her, and she said "I just want to take a picture of your car, its so cute"

I couldn't wait drive the harlequin again so I took it out for one last drive tonight, before my last bit of parts get here tomorrow had to grab a new picture of it.

and I win page 5 I rule

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-02-2007 11:17 AM #142
      how about you suck at life

great pic, bout damn time those parts came in!!!!!!

3. 05-02-2007 04:13 PM #143
      so last night i decided i want to sell my harlequin

im at the mall getting a phone charger, i come out get in my car start to drive off and some ******** throws a full large cup of coke at my car!!! i lock up the brakes and do a reverse 180 and see the corolla drivin away, i chase him down swerve ar him running him into a sidewalk... he throws a shoe at me then and tries to run away to the interstate, so i chase him down and get in front and the only thing i have in my door pocket in my nice freshly blaze orange tow hook and i pull the e-brake and let it fly out the window...... CRASH!!!!! goes the jerks windshield.... and he suddenly swerves off the interstate...... so now i probably got some pissed off jerk who has a busted winshield, who can't miss my car, so someone out of state wanna buy it?

4. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      I own a wish-list. In four shades of blue.
      05-02-2007 04:41 PM #144
      Quote, originally posted by BustedFoxWaGeN »

im at the mall getting a phone charger, i come out get in my car start to drive off and some ******** throws a full large cup of coke at my car!!! i lock up the brakes and do a reverse 180 and see the corolla drivin away, i chase him down swerve ar him running him into a sidewalk... he throws a shoe at me then and tries to run away to the interstate, so i chase him down and get in front and the only thing i have in my door pocket in my nice freshly blaze orange tow hook and i pull the e-brake and let it fly out the window...... CRASH!!!!! goes the jerks windshield.... and he suddenly swerves off the interstate...... so now i probably got some pissed off jerk who has a busted winshield, who can't miss my car, so someone out of state wanna buy it?

Yeah. Because I want some dude out there who wants to get back at me for something I didn't do.
      On behalf of all the Harlequin owners in North Carolina, I'd like to thank you for making them all targets.

It wasn't a bottle of coke...it wasn't even a can of coke. It was a cup of coke. Probably did no damage, and even if it did...you still made the wrong decision.

My car
      and its identity crisis
      I dodged a bullet there. Note to self: cease fire.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” — Mario Andretti

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-02-2007 04:54 PM #145
      Quote, originally posted by punkassjim »

Yeah. Because I want some dude out there who wants to get back at me for something I didn't do.
      On behalf of all the Harlequin owners in North Carolina, I'd like to thank you for making them all targets.

It wasn't a bottle of coke...it wasn't even a can of coke. It was a cup of coke. Probably did no damage, and even if it did...you still made the wrong decision.

while i agree with jim, i would have at least confronted the guy or gotten his plates. sounds like you pulled some stuntman type ISH. if you are really selling it i know someone in louisville who WILL buy it

Vehicles
      06 odyssey (wifes), pair of adidas (mine)
      05-02-2007 08:59 PM #146
      dam and i don't have the funds for a harlequin

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-02-2007 09:12 PM #147
      coils came in tonight.

Thank you SavageMotorsports

car should be completely together by sundayish. i cant wait!

Vehicles
      First gen stomper.
      05-02-2007 09:51 PM #148
      Quote, originally posted by BustedFoxWaGeN »

You know I have been wanting another since I sold the one to BADCLOWN, but I do not like coke

Vehicles
      small block B5 A4 BT
      05-02-2007 10:05 PM #149
      Somebody seriously sell me their Harlequin.....seriously so I can stop looking
      NO SOUP FOR YOU

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-02-2007 10:12 PM #150
      ya know, not once was I ever harassed in JorJuh of all places, and even Mike was messed with in Vermont... maybe I scare people.

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-02-2007 10:27 PM #151
      Quote, originally posted by Tifun »
      Somebody seriously sell me their Harlequin.....seriously so I can stop looking

this is the guy i know that will buy yours. sell it so we dont see a thread popping up that the car got vandalized

Vehicles
      small block B5 A4 BT
      05-03-2007 01:02 AM #152
      Quote, originally posted by BADCLOWN »

this is the guy i know that will buy yours. sell it so we dont see a thread popping up that the car got vandalized

thanks. I will take great care of any that I get....hehehehe
      NO SOUP FOR YOU

13. 05-03-2007 07:58 PM #153
      well i know i probable shouldn't of but i did nothing to the guy and he started throwing crap at my car, i got his plates and called the police and reported everything that happen even on my part, so whatever, noting has been filed, so he knew he was in the wrong also ill sell it for a rediciouls amount, ill let it sit before i take little for it, so im me offers

14. 05-03-2007 11:27 PM #154
      hmm.. turns out I have a harlequin too.. one of those ones that they shipped in a solid color!.. check it out if you'd like on Rossvw.com I'm number 82. Otherwise you can visit my thread here on vwvortex.. it's got current pics, the rossvw.com pic, plus my build write up that is in progress. enjoy!

vw vortex

Modified by madasahatter at 7:32 PM 5-3-2007

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-04-2007 07:41 AM #155
      is it bad that i had a HORRIBLE dream about mine being wrecked/flipped/totalled the day i got it by someone else last night?

honestly one of the more unsettling dreams ive had in awhile, freaked me out.

car will be ready to roll saturday. pics will be up that evening

Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T, 2003 VW Jetta GLI
      05-04-2007 07:45 AM #156
      I'm still undecided on the Harlequins. On one hand, they're unique, but on the other hand... they're a little too unique.
      Elite 24v VR6 Club Member #483

Uh-oh... I fo'got to put down mah LANDIN' GURR!!

Vehicles
      2011 VW Golf VI, 1.6TDI, BlueMotion
      05-04-2007 08:36 AM #157
      Quote: so last night i decided i want to sell my harlequin
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Good on you mate....about time someone stood up to these gutless wonders who can do nothing but cowardly acts....he'll think twice about doing that to anyone else!

On second thoughts you could be in trouble.....as soon as he gets his breath back from running away....ha ha ha

Maris

Modified by Green T4 at 12:46 PM 5-4-2007

Vehicles
      '77 Standard Beetle, '96 Golf Harlequin, '03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Tiguan SEL
      05-04-2007 09:59 AM #158
      Sent you an im.
      Supposed to be 77käfer, but there are no umlauts on an american keyboard

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"

19. 05-04-2007 01:07 PM #159
      Had 2 opportunities to buy a Harlequin. But the wife put her foot down. Made me buy a MKV GTI instead.
      Andrew I Johnson May 25, 1985 - September 30, 2011
      Permanently banned from MVWS. And CGW says I don’t play well with others.
      Auto to manual transmittion swap. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...l-Swap-FAQ-DIYhttp://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ight=cyclopath

20. 05-04-2007 03:25 PM #160
      Good on you mate....about time someone stood up to these gutless wonders who can do nothing but cowardly acts....he'll think twice about doing that to anyone else!

On second thoughts you could be in trouble.....as soon as he gets his breath back from running away....ha ha ha

Maris

Modified by Green T4 at 12:46 PM 5-4-2007[/QUOTE]

yeah the thing is im 19 and 100 lbs and 5' 5" so i can really confront him, i acted the best i could at the time and that was teaching them a lesson, so ill just have to ride it out and see how it goes.... hopefully he want mess with it, cause as soon as someone get within a foot of the car the alram goes off, so we'll see, thanks that someone agrees with the reason behind what i did

Vehicles
      07 Passat Wagon 3.6 4Motion, 07 GTI DSG
      05-04-2007 03:38 PM #161
      is it bad that i had a HORRIBLE dream about mine being wrecked/flipped/totalled the day i got it by someone else last night?

honestly one of the more unsettling dreams ive had in awhile, freaked me out.

car will be ready to roll saturday. pics will be up that evening

whenever I'm about to do some type of modification to my car I have bad dreams about the stuff not fitting right, or coming in wrong or breaking when I use them....Its strange.

- Nick

22. 05-04-2007 04:17 PM #162
      i dream about my car being fast and having a turbo and driving fast through traffic and turns then i wake up for work and can barley keep with traffic, so much for dreams cominf true

Vehicles
      2006 BMW 325 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde
      05-04-2007 04:41 PM #163
      what and i just saw this now. better start whoring my car out.

and after 9000 hours in mspaint im really considering the pink wheels

24. 05-04-2007 05:09 PM #164
      Ok question...we got into this debate with my shop forman the other day. he is a 26 year vw tech, so hes been wrenching since mkIs were new. Somehow the Harlequin came up, he said something about them not being named Harlequin, but rather "Benington" edition Golfs. Ive always called and known them as Harlequin, but he insists on it being the "Benington"???

25. 05-04-2007 05:34 PM #165
      Quote, originally posted by SN00PY V3.0 »
      Ok question...we got into this debate with my shop forman the other day. he is a 26 year vw tech, so hes been wrenching since mkIs were new. Somehow the Harlequin came up, he said something about them not being named Harlequin, but rather "Benington" edition Golfs. Ive always called and known them as Harlequin, but he insists on it being the "Benington"???

well, he is sort of right. but not really. the colors used are the 4colors of benetton, which is a clothing company in europe. they happened to sponsor an F1 racing team back in the day, which is where which is why Momo came out with their Benetton eddition steering wheels that are the 4 colors. Volkswagen called their cars a Harlequin though, thats why when you look up the vin it says harlequin. and if you look up the word "harlequin" you get this

har·le·quin Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hahr-luh-kwin, -kin] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
      –noun 1. (often initial capital letter) a comic character in commedia dell'arte and the harlequinade, usually masked, dressed in multicolored, diamond-patterned tights, and carrying a wooden sword or magic wand.
      2. a buffoon.
      3. any of various small snakes having bright diamond-pattern scales.
      –adjective 4. fancifully varied in color, decoration, etc.: harlequin pants.
      5. resembling a harlequin's mask: harlequin glasses.

Vehicles
      '77 Standard Beetle, '96 Golf Harlequin, '03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Tiguan SEL
      05-04-2007 06:26 PM #166
      Quote, originally posted by VRClownCar »

Volkswagen called their cars a Harlequin though, thats why when you look up the vin it says harlequin.

In Germany the Polo version of our cars is called the Harlekin. They did not get the Golf version over there, although they did get the Color Concept Golfs, the Bon Jovi, Rolloing Stone, and Pink Floyd editions amoung others.

Supposed to be 77käfer, but there are no umlauts on an american keyboard

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"

Vehicles
      08 CW Gti
      05-04-2007 06:44 PM #167
      when i was looking for my vr i saw alot for sale up here in Ontario

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-05-2007 12:15 PM #168
      got an email from Ross today. he finally made some updates to the registry!

Vehicles
      2006 BMW 325 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde
      05-05-2007 01:47 PM #169

got that too.

Vehicles
      Many see sig...
      05-06-2007 01:41 AM #170
      He didn't update my car... Mine is #7 and I've mailed him at least twice about it... Maybe it's time to do it again ...
      "2 tone paint jobs are for wusses.. I rock 4 tone"

'96 Harlequin Golf 2.0-8v, '12 Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4t-16v, '91 Jetta GLi 2.0-16v, '90 Passat GL 2.0-16v
      '70 Dart Swinger 340-4v, '70 Chevy C-10 250-1v, '91 Ninja 600R

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-06-2007 07:38 AM #171
      is there a harlequin curse?

had a rough day yesterday.........car wont be ready for awhile

Vehicles
      RIP: Wrecked 2006 Jetta, 2004 Taurus SEL *1993 Acura Legend, Stolen but not forgotten*
      05-06-2007 10:38 AM #172

The one pic i love the most....

33. 05-06-2007 11:27 PM #173

got it too mine is up there now #121 of 200

Vehicles
      2012 TT FJ
      05-08-2007 01:35 AM #174
      well looks like the car will be on the road by the end of the week.

HUGE HUGE thanks to SavageMotorsports. Because FK sent them the wrong suspension in the first place i got a great discount on a NIB set of Konig fully adj. height and dampening coils

guess the hassle and frustrations were worth it

35. 05-08-2007 02:35 AM #175
      Mr Mini's

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast