Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Splice RCA cable with headphone jack

1. 05-19-2007 05:21 PM #1
      I know this is not a good place to be asking this question, but somebody has to know how to do this and I can't find anything on the net. I want to splice together an RCA cable with a headphone jack so that I can connect my mp3 player to the stereo in my car. The RCA cables have 2 wires each and the headphone cord has 2 wires. I've tried connecting it different ways but I can only get mono sound at best. Can someone tell me how to do this? Also, I know I can buy the cable but I live out in the country, and the closest store that would sell that is an hour away.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta VRT, 2000 Audi TT Quattro
      05-19-2007 05:26 PM #2
      Quote, originally posted by cb3dard »
      I know this is not a good place to be asking this question, but somebody has to know how to do this and I can't find anything on the net. I want to splice together an RCA cable with a headphone jack so that I can connect my mp3 player to the stereo in my car. The RCA cables have 2 wires each and the headphone cord has 2 wires. I've tried connecting it different ways but I can only get mono sound at best. Can someone tell me how to do this? Also, I know I can buy the cable but I live out in the country, and the closest store that would sell that is an hour away.

Thanks in advance for the help.

If you want stereo, then your headphone cord is wrong. It is a mono cord. Use e-bay...they have lots of the appropriate cords - http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-1-8-...wItem

Mike

Chapter 11 Dubs: Member #001
      http://www.chapter11dubs.com
      -----------------------

3. 05-19-2007 05:28 PM #3
      OK, thanks for the help.

Vehicles
      2000 GTI 1.8T, 2012 Kizashi S iAWD
      05-19-2007 05:36 PM #4

That's exactly what you need. I had one sitting around at home and I used it for my iPod hardwire. Works great