Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 13 of 549 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Millbury, MA Red Robin GTG

Vehicles
      84 gti 98 golf 01 Dakota
      06-18-2007 11:01 PM #421
      sean i guess ur just gonna have to slap a VW badge on the bike so u can still be cool but in all seriousness, the whole story from what ive heard seems like a bunch of useless drama...if the ppl are cool then it doesnt matter what theyre driving
      -Dave-

R.I.P. Alexi

f**k subtlety

Vehicles
      B5.5 Passat Wagon
      06-18-2007 11:03 PM #422
      i really just dont get it the meet was fun...over it see u thursday

3. 06-18-2007 11:18 PM #423
      Heh sounds like I missed quite the party. Its cool that I missed the vag, I got my remote windows vagged on friday when I was up at KTR. I still am not sure whether I want to disable DRLs or not. Anything else standard done with the vag?

Vehicles
      97 Jetta 2.0 (sold), 96 Legacy 2.2, 01 Jetta 1.8t
      06-18-2007 11:31 PM #424
      Like Petr said it was an awkward vibe. I have nothing against the people or the evos and stis, but it was just weird. They came to our meet and made no attempt to introduce themselves to the regulars. It really felt like a high school lunch where u sit at different tables because they were all in their own group and didn't even look at our dubs. Then people started toolin around on bikes with no helmets when the cops were talking to us 5 minutes before. It was just awkward so we went to a different location and had plenty of fun.

5. 06-18-2007 11:45 PM #425
      Quote, originally posted by DJReAxion »
      Then people started toolin around on bikes with no helmets when the cops were talking to us 5 minutes before.

ok so the one thing i will be against is the fucking around on the bikes down there. not havin it. i am a stunt girl and i love watchin the shit but that is not the place to do it.

Modified by foxbabe at 11:52 PM 6-18-2007

6. 06-18-2007 11:45 PM #426
      Well I had the blue evo tonight and I use to frequent VW vortex a lot and still do because I still have a love for them. I brought the white evo and the silver sti ALONG with the stage 3 S4 and the MKV. It was a weird vibe because as soon as we pulled up about 5 mins later you all backed away from us secluding yourself. I ended talking to the guy with the 337 for about 20 mins had you stock around for 5 minutes I would have made my rounds introducing myself.. You guys didnt even give us 15 minutes before u all backed away to your own part the parking lot. As briggs said everybody you saw tonight use to have a vw/audi. I just assumed anybody could come when it said "anybody as long as there chill." Sorry, when we have evo meets where more then happy when suby and vw/audi owners show up. I didnt really think it would have been a problem. Ill be sure not to come next time and make it a "weird vibe". Jeez the vortex has changed since I had my dub. Im not trying to Bitch or anything like that but its just surprising the reaction we recieved.

Modified by Autobonvr624v at 11:48 PM 6-18-2007

7. Member
      Vehicles
      M3, S2000, CBR600
      06-19-2007 01:28 AM #427
      Quote, originally posted by PetrBrno »

eastcoastbumps (Pete): Whats up dude? Of course I remember. Been up to the BMWCCA AutoX since then and always catch a glance at your house when I roll by. Nice cars mang! Hopefully see ya tonight!

Petr, sorry I missed tonights dinner. I'll try and make the next one. It doesn't sound like I missed much though.

We've been cycling through cars like shoes! You should stop in next time you're passing by. I'll show you Paddy's new E30 M3. We have our work cut out for us with that car. The previous owner had a valve shim get loose and seize the back half of the intake cam. It damaged the timing chain, snapped the cam, and all the intake valves hit the pistons. He picked up the car last Wednesday. We pulled the motor Thursday and tore it down on Friday. We've taken an inventory of parts and the cost added up faster than both of us expected. It will be a while before all the parts are in. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Modified by eastcoastbumps at 1:29 AM 6-19-2007

8. 06-19-2007 01:38 AM #428
      Here are a few pics of tonight:

2008 Audi S4-6MT
      APR Downpipes/APR Cat-back/APR Carbonio/APR Tune

9. 06-19-2007 02:02 AM #429
      I gotta say I think you guys are for the most part being kinda snotty about this, like a few people I knew all the guys that showed up and for you to pull a move like backing to a different row is just starting ****, if I was there I could have helped with the introductions but seriously, you are claiming the childish card against them but pulling back to a different row is a snobby immature move in itself and a slap in the face to the guys that came down to join vw/audi or not.

Vehicles
      B5 S4 Avant
      06-19-2007 02:07 AM #430
      wow...yep,i was the one who posted on NASIOC trying to get a few other people to come down...i was the black sti and i was there last week and talked to almost all of you (even tried selling a euro bumper haha). and yes im on here because i used to have an mk3 gti and an audi s4. not like im some punk kid who wanted to ruin your nite by showing up with a few other car enthusiasts...but yeah,when i got there i walked up and scoped the dubs because i still love them,and wish i still rocked my s4...so dont say we didnt talk....

p.s.-kid with red mk3...want that euro bumper? i'll give it to you for nothing if you want it...

11. 06-19-2007 03:34 AM #431
      Well damn looks like I missed an interesting night. I suppose it was a setup if the introduction says anyone as long as they are chill. Hell I suppose if they found out about it on here it means they have a love or atleast an interest in what WE are into. Me personally I am into CARS...be it euro, asian, or american. I just happen to be biased towards euro cars but can appreciate the devotion someone gives their car. Anything done right is worth a look. Apparently it sounds like a lack of communication on all parts. I suppose if you want to be accepted by other people you have to first be willing to accept others. I personally can't see myself having the balls to move away because other people brought their cars down and parked them next to mine. As far as the whole bikes and no helmets messing around...that is an obvious lack of judgement. A good way to put an end to something that is trying to be established as a no bull-**** meet with people trying to mind their own business and have a good time. There is a time and place for everything and stunting in a parking lot where families are rolling through is not one of them. Be a shame to lose a good spot because some people can't control themselves and feel they need to act 12 and try to impress everyone. Impressions can be ruined really quickly. Hopefully I can make it out next Monday, and hopefully there is no drama. This is the exact reason I have been going to the RR meet and staying clear of the Bucks meet. I am not into childish high school drama where people have to form cliques and sit in seperate groups of the who's who. I just want to enjoy what I drive and like minded people. Been drinking and this is the end of my soap opera rant.

Vehicles
      MK4 .:R
      06-19-2007 06:32 AM #432
      i tried going up to them.... and the dude kinda blew me off.... but whatever .... what happened happened even if it did make us look like tools.... its just another monday.... theres always next week
      Quote, originally posted by foxbabe »
      ok so one night didnt go as planned. big deal, there are more monday nights to come so just relax.
      i think it was a little childish to scatter when they showed up but i wasnt there to see what happend cause we had other car issues to deal with.
      did any one go up to THEM and say hey whats up ? or is it a rule that they have to come to us?

ya its cool to have our vw/audi meets but what are a few outsiders going to hurt for one night?

Modified by AnotherReflex at 3:40 AM 6-19-2007
      *Mk3 GTi VR6 (Sold)* *Mk4 GTi 18T (Hydrolocked)* *Mk2 Jetta 8V (Sold)* *Mk1 TT 225 Quattro (Sold)* *Mk5 .:R (Sold)* *Mk4 .:R32 (Current)*

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 06:43 AM #433
      and regardless of what happened all of us stayed.... until the riced out honda came... i think that was the point when people were like all right time to go
      *Mk3 GTi VR6 (Sold)* *Mk4 GTi 18T (Hydrolocked)* *Mk2 Jetta 8V (Sold)* *Mk1 TT 225 Quattro (Sold)* *Mk5 .:R (Sold)* *Mk4 .:R32 (Current)*

14. 06-19-2007 09:22 AM #434
      Come back next week other cars! I'll park with you! Even the riced out Honda (guilty pleasure, theres this bright orange old civic hatchback down the street from me that I love. I know, I know.)

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 10:29 AM #435
      Quote, originally posted by DumpdVR »

p.s.-kid with red mk3...want that euro bumper? i'll give it to you for nothing if you want it...

I too have a red Mk3 (the Jetta with the chalkboard hood). I got into a minor accident a few months ago that effed up my front bumper so Im very interested. You have the black STI with the horns right? Thing is sick.

Vehicles
      3BG Variant 1.8T, MK4 Jetta TDI Daily
      06-19-2007 11:19 AM #436
      So I've had time to sleep on it...

1. Yes, I think it was childish and dumb to move away from the "other" cars and made no secret of it. Thats why Sarah and I kept our cars right where they were. Nothing personal against everyone that did move back but sorry thats the way I feel.

However, an extremely limited effort was made by the newcomers to check out the vw/audi cars making for a very weird vibe, considering most of us went over to their cars.

2. I went up to as many of them as I could and most of them seemed cool but by then I was just trying to diffuse the drama of the most of the vw/audis moving away and mend a lot of broken hearts

3. The problem with so many new people coming wasn't so much what they were driving, it was anxiety about who was cool and who was going to do something stupid and ruin it. Just when I was settling in, the bull**** bike stunts started and thats when I was up out. When I hear things like "The cops not around right now, do it" I'm going to retreat. Maybe that makes me a ***** but I don't give a ****! Go to someone else's gtg to show how much growing up you have left to do. I mean, he almost hit a B5 Passat that had nothing to do with our gtg. Not cool at all and you're a tool.

I once had to stand outside my idling car for 2 hours getting checked out by police along with others because of something someone did on their way out of a gtg and will never chance being associated with that **** again.

4. I'll be back next week at Red Robin and invite anyone to come so long as you don't start **** and do stupid crap. I too appreciate all cars and apologize to the "others" for the unnecassary cold reception you got. There's no need for that. High school is over (for most of us DJ) so lets act like it!!!

club.broke.status

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 11:28 AM #437
      ^^^ this guys right.....(god damn teacher) although last night didnt turn out to be a complete bust we still had fun... and ill be back to RR next week but please whoever comes down dont be a tool.... cuz thats ghey

Vehicles
      B5 S4 Avant
      06-19-2007 12:19 PM #438
      yeah DJREAXION if you want that bumper its yours,just trying to get rid of it and seeing how you NEED one its all you...i'll bring it next monday for you,cool?

edit: maybe i'll bring my haggard audi s4 down next week instead of the sti

Modified by DumpdVR at 9:21 AM 6-19-2007

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 12:24 PM #439
      Awesome man thanks! And it's ok, you can bring the STI still

20. 06-19-2007 12:51 PM #440
      now thats more like it

Vehicles
      Phaeton 04, jetta 10, Audi Q5
      06-19-2007 01:28 PM #441
      Quote, originally posted by djsoniq »
      Reflect were you at D'Angelos in Auburn the other night, I think it was Tuesday...

Yes most likely, I was on break and eating with my wife there [[^^]] nice spotting !
      -RiCkY..

Vehicles
      Phaeton 04, jetta 10, Audi Q5
      06-19-2007 01:53 PM #442
      Guys im still in honduras and internet is limited and Im sooo busy going around and getting to know this beatiful and fun country.
      I seen some cars you would love to see but my camera take a while to turn on and by then they are gone too far.
      I been drivin a jetta turbo diesel manual 03 i think 2.0 and its fun. i will take pics its nothin special but its a VW. also a mazda 3 and a nissan armada 07 really nice (called pathfinder here ) yes and my brother in law has more cars stored lol.
      I ll keep you posted...

I miss you guys and my car a lot and after reading all that drama <i was really sad but <i think at the end it looks like you guys are doing the right thing.
      Petr I could not said it better, <i was thinkin of writing a speech and then <i read yours and it was enough.
      I believe anyone can come here as long as they behave.
      well i have to go and talk to you soon of to the 99 degree weather today and beach.

-RiCkY..

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 02:05 PM #443
      Enjoy it down there man! See ya when you come back!

Quote, originally posted by Reflect »
      Guys im still in honduras and internet is limited and Im sooo busy going around and getting to know this beatiful and fun country.
      I seen some cars you would love to see but my camera take a while to turn on and by then they are gone too far.
      I been drivin a jetta turbo diesel manual 03 i think 2.0 and its fun. i will take pics its nothin special but its a VW. also a mazda 3 and a nissan armada 07 really nice (called pathfinder here ) yes and my brother in law has more cars stored lol.
      I ll keep you posted...

I miss you guys and my car a lot and after reading all that drama <i was really sad but <i think at the end it looks like you guys are doing the right thing.
      Petr I could not said it better, <i was thinkin of writing a speech and then <i read yours and it was enough.
      I believe anyone can come here as long as they behave.
      well i have to go and talk to you soon of to the 99 degree weather today and beach.

club.broke.status

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 02:21 PM #444
      LETS ALL GET ALONG...... haha..... wicked corny but a day of thinking kinda does it to u

soooo owned page 14 here... enjoy

Modified by AnotherReflex at 11:23 AM 6-19-2007

Vehicles
      84 gti 98 golf 01 Dakota
      06-19-2007 05:04 PM #445
      brian, noticed that ur plannin on grabbin the euro bumper...this is just my suggestion...dont put it on until u get ur wheels and suspension on so it doesnt get ruined on accident b4 the rest of the car comes together. also, again just my opinion, but if ur gonna put on such a nice bumper, lose the chalkboard hood and electrcal tape on the headlights...i know the hood is fun for ppl and whatnot but once u start puttin on serious parts and gettin the car to look good, ya gotta lose the "novelty"... "i dont give a shit, its just funny" items
      -Dave-

R.I.P. Alexi

f**k subtlety

Vehicles
      Mk4 vr6 Jett's.07 Rabbit. Mk5 gli stg3. Mk6 golf r
      06-19-2007 05:15 PM #446
      who is down for vDubb beach day????????

27. 06-19-2007 05:36 PM #447
      i agree the stoppie w/ not helmet was dumb ...that is the first time that kid has come to ride w/ us so i dont really know him. i'll keep the bikes out for next week. we are usually a more rowdy crowd haha

28. 06-19-2007 07:39 PM #448
      Hey guys, i was the one who owned the Silver STi. Sorry you guys had a weird vibe.. i saw it posted on NASIOC and seen it on the Tex and it said whoever as long as your chill... so we all came as we all use to be/still is vw/audi fans. We didnt even have time to intro ourself before most of you back your cars up.... I took like 4 pictures of you guys car and walked away for 5 mins and you guys backed up. I went into Red Robins to eat dont know what else went on after. But ya maybe next time we'll intro ourself as we get out of the car no hard feelings??? haha

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 07:42 PM #449
      I actually completely agree with you Dave. My car is in "just for ****s and giggles" mode at the moment but it should be very different by the end of the summer when I have more money. Ideally its gonna be on coils with my new wheels, maybe smoked e-code headlights, baby boser hood and badgeless grill. Also, Tyler is thinking about giving me his VR6 lip after Waterfest So yeah, I actually want to head in a different direction I'm just to broke at the moment to follow it. But at the end of July I work at a lacrosse camp for 2 to 3 weeks and at the end of it all they give me a fat check of $1200 or so. Sure I should invest it wisely but I'm sure itll all go into my heap.

PS. Yours and Tyler's cars are extremely high up on my list of my favorite VWs and I look towards you guys with admiration and inspiration. Thanks for keepin it real

Modified by DJReAxion at 4:46 PM 6-19-2007

Vehicles
      84 gti 98 golf 01 Dakota
      06-19-2007 08:12 PM #450
      Quote, originally posted by DJReAxion »

PS. Yours and Tyler's cars are extremely high up on my list of my favorite VWs and I look towards you guys with admiration and inspiration. Thanks for keepin it real

damn thanks man so far i like the sounds of ur plan...i say keep it in shits and giggles mode til u have all the stuff ready to go on and then drop it like a bomb on everyone...ppl will be like "oh here comes briaaa..........holy fuck that looks siiick!!!" also if u need help just lemme know

Modified by rubbinNdubbin21 at 8:13 PM 6-19-2007

-Dave-

R.I.P. Alexi

f**k subtlety

31. 06-19-2007 08:59 PM #451
      Quote, originally posted by hanzorz »
      Hey guys, i was the one who owned the Silver STi. Sorry you guys had a weird vibe.. i saw it posted on NASIOC and seen it on the Tex and it said whoever as long as your chill... so we all came as we all use to be/still is vw/audi fans. We didnt even have time to intro ourself before most of you back your cars up.... I took like 4 pictures of you guys car and walked away for 5 mins and you guys backed up. I went into Red Robins to eat dont know what else went on after. But ya maybe next time we'll intro ourself as we get out of the car no hard feelings??? haha

Whats up Han, I run into you here and there like at Brens party and such, wish I caught up with you guys this week but I was at work. Considering comin back next week?

32. 06-19-2007 09:05 PM #452
      Quote, originally posted by hanzorz »

dude i think i went to high school with you lol

Vehicles
      06-19-2007 11:01 PM #453

thats X2 for me

Vehicles
      06-20-2007 12:39 AM #454
      Just noticed Ricky uploaded his pics to my fototime account...

club.broke.status

35. 06-20-2007 07:58 AM #455
      Quote, originally posted by rouellettea4 »

Whats up Han, I run into you here and there like at Brens party and such, wish I caught up with you guys this week but I was at work. Considering comin back next week?

ya if i'm allowed lol.

you sure did

Quote, originally posted by AnotherReflex »

thats X2 for me

Peter?

Modified by hanzorz at 8:00 AM 6-20-2007

Page 13 of 549 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast