VWVortex.com - GTI/RABBIT Amplifier and Sub Installation DIY
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: GTI/RABBIT Amplifier and Sub Installation DIY

Margate, FL
      2007 CW Rabbit
      05-29-2007 06:09 PM #1
      This thread is just to index and unite 2litrebully's 3 part DIY post on installing an amp, sub, and line out converter to his GTI (rabbit is pretty much the same). I finished installing mine on my rabbit, and though I had most of it done before I knew this existed, I still referenced it when finishing off. A BIG Thank you to 2litrebully - I know he wasn't the first or only one, but it's BY FAR the most detailed.

PART 1 GTI Sub Amp and LOC Installation, 91 Pictures Total - 56k Beware!

PART 2

PART 3

Once again, I had nothing to do with this, just making it easy to put on the DIY Sticky. Thank 2litrebully if/when you use this
      Last edited by LangsamKafer; 07-14-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Updated old style URLs.
      United Motorsport Software|AWE-Tuning Cat-Back Exhaust|LNT Intake|Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sports|Neuspeed 25mm RSB|NLS Short Shifter w/ 42dd Bushings & VMS Shift bracket bushings|BFI Torque Mount Insert|Lead foot

Friends don't let friends be like Av. and PSU.

2. 05-29-2007 07:35 PM #2

3. 12-16-2008 11:32 PM #3
      how can we go from 4 channels on the headunit and end up with 10 speakers? are there crossovers somewhere in the doors? are the outputs on the headunit full frequency? if i had an amp in my "premium" 09 GTI, where would it be??? thank you

West Chester
      2011 VW GTI
      12-22-2008 11:23 AM #4
      Yes there are crossovers in the doors

5. 01-06-2009 10:46 PM #5
      I know this is an epic revival, but how the hell do I hook up this:

To this LOC I just bought:

6. 05-16-2009 09:59 PM #6
      I recently installed my subwoofer and now the radio is not working. I am not sure whether or not is an electrical problem or a sotware issue with the codes. Please help.