|Apparently the above is not clear enough for everyone, so let me spell it out:
- Where a customer has an on-going dispute with a distributor, we expect the distributor to acknowledge and work with the customer to whatever level the customer is willing. As a minimum, that means timely and frank emails or other contacts about the status of the customer's complaint, and the steps being taken to resolve it.
- Ignoring the customer is never a satisfactory response. This will be taken as a de facto admission that the customer is correct is all their assertions.
- Where a customer contacts Bruce, Al or I for assistance, we will side with the customer until we hear from the distributor (and possibly beyond, depending on the response).
- We expect the distributor to give a full and frank account of the facts (including the original problem and the steps being taken to resolve it)within 48 hours maximum (ideally with 24 hours).
- We have a responsibility to the users of the forum to act quickly to prevent potential problems originating with certain distributors. This means that distributors who do not participate in this finding of facts will very quickly lose their ability to post on this forum, their advertisement(s) in these forums, and any advertisement(s) they might have in the manual and/or FAQ.
Posting any material on these forum is a privilege, and no-one has the right to an advertisement. The reinstatement of any or all of these are at the management's discretion, is subject to both a plausible promise of acceptable performance and the restitution of any costs involved in settling the customer's dispute.
The bottom line is that customers must be able to trust distributors, and distributors are responsible for establishing and maintaining that trust.
If we have to get involved, this indicates a very serious problem, and should be attended to immediately. Once we get involved, it is not enough simply to satisfy the customer, you must convince us that steps have been taken to ensure a similar situation will not occur again.
Hope everything works out for everyone.