Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Air Conditiong Outrageousness

1. 06-13-2007 04:03 PM #1
      What is the average wait time for A/C parts?

My 2006 GTi was in for the 25K service last Wednesday in Pittsburgh at one dealership. Last Thursday it was towed to a dealership in Cincinnati with a blown serpentine belt due to the AC Compressor seizing.

The dealership in Cincinnati only looked at the car on Friday after I placed a call to VWOA. The car is still in Cincinnati and I am now being told the parts (Compressor, Condenser, etc.) will not be in for another 10 days, but they cannot guarantee when it may be done.

Best of all roadside assistance wouldn't take my call on Thursday and is now telling me that I never called.

2. 06-13-2007 05:21 PM #2
      I don't really know the answer to your question however I am currently in need of a fix to my A/C as well and there are a lot of posts on this forum about messed up compressors so it's possible that this is a huge problem with 06 V-Dubs and there's a shortage of parts.

FYI, I had an appointment to get mine fixed today but cancelled for two reasons. #1, Joe Heidt motors has the worst service department I've ever encountered and I'm still scratching my head as to why I bought my second VW from them. They won't give me a loaner car even though it had been negotiated upon sale. #2 I was able to have my new exhaust installed today and between more power and A/C I'll take more power every time.

I just got off the phone with Palisades VW/Audi and they gave me an appointment for tomorrow and are willing to give me a loaner for $12.00. Although I'm not thrilled with the $12.00 charge, at least they were accomidating, Joe Heidt has scrappy hours and they offer nothing in the way of real "service."

Anyway... I'll let you know how quickly they fix it and get it back to me. Oh, and once again -- Joe Heidt BLOWS... and did I mention they really blow!!! Now you know why I really posted.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2006.5 / VW / MKV GTI
      06-15-2007 08:21 AM #3
      2005 / 2006 ?
      2006.5 MKV Pkg1 / Provide VAG-COM support
      Monmouth County NJ
      http://www.philipsautolighting.com/popup_bulbfinder.asp

4. 06-15-2007 08:24 AM #4
      That sucks to hear.
      Truth is the light / Never give up the fight. -Bob Marley

5. 06-15-2007 10:56 AM #5
      Okay, so here's the story:

Called Wed for an appointment, they give it to me for Thursday. (EXCELLENT!!!) Brought the car in, paid $12.00 for the loaner car, Joe at Palisades told me if it was a leak or a bad compressor it was under warantee but if it just needed a recharge it was on me for $150.00. Talked to them yesterday afternoon and after some discussion he told me it had been recharged and that the tech was finishing up and it should work and that I could come pick it up. Five minutes later he calls me back and says the tech did find that it was in fact a bad compressor after all and that he needed the car overnight and would work on it first thing in the morning. Called me at 10:00am to tell me that he didn't have all the parts in stock, they wouldn't have them until Tuesday but I could come and pick up the car and they would provide my loaner on the second trip free of charge. Then when I got to the dealership they told me that the mods on my car MAY cause them to charge me SOMETHING if they got in the way of the repair. That concerns me but it didn't seem like he was trying to screw me... especially after he said I could supervise the repair. Anyway... looks like I'm still without A/C for another week or so but so far I have no complaints... and I'm a pretty demanding customer. So the saga continues...

6. 06-15-2007 11:09 AM #6
      What dealer was it?

7. 06-15-2007 11:28 AM #7
      Quote, originally posted by vdub305 »
      What dealer was it?

Sorry... should have mentioned it... Pallisades VW on Rt. 59 in Nyack, NY.

8. 06-18-2007 02:44 PM #8
      Update... GTi is still in Cincinnati waiting for parts. The car is at Century VW. VWOA is currently telling me that it could be 10 more days for parts.

9. 06-18-2007 02:58 PM #9
      Gotta tell you; Palisades is promising to have my new compressor tomorrow. I haven't talked to them yet today but the guy there seemed confident. You might want to investigate further.

10. 06-18-2007 03:08 PM #10
      Century is not returning my calls.

11. 06-18-2007 04:24 PM #11
      I'm headed to Cincinnati tomorrow and could do some reconnaissance down at Century. That is absurd that they had to tow your car all the way to Cincinnati. I would think it's easier to have the parts shipped than the car. But then what do I know...

12. 06-24-2007 08:03 PM #12
      Now Palisades tells me it's on national backorder. He said he'd try to get it as quickly as possible but most likely wouldn't have it until about July 9th.

I'm just going to call every few days to keep the guy on top of it... he didn't return a bunch of my calls but I don't think it's so much him as it is the runaround from VWoA. Fo' Sho' these guys are better than Joe Heidt.