Another busy night. All photos aren't working right now as our host just moved all data from one server to another and the DNS information will take 48 hours to start working again. So, I'm stuck with an IP address until the DNS is resolved. (should be working by tonight)
Anyway, while I had daylight I worked on the turbo Rabbit instead of the Golf. I wrapped the exhaust to keep it cooler in the car as the exhaust pipe runs where the passenger seat would normally be located. I'll get photos up once the site is back up. I didn't realize that the exhaust wrap has a lot of metal flakes in it.... my arms felt like they were covered with broken glass and started to feel itchy. Great.... didn't see a warning on the box (there isn't one) so I'll have to suffer.
Since Joe (Axis) will be over tonight assisting (read: doing all the work) with hooking the N75 valve up to the ECU, hooking the A/F narrowband output to the ECU, programming the ECU to accept the inputs from the aforementioned, and finally terminating the stock wiring harness, I spent my time unwrapping the entire under-hood harness (de-mummifying) so that his time could be better spent focusing on the wires instead of the super sticking/PITA to remove wrap. I'm sure every English teach in the land just loved that long run-on sentence.
Car should be running tonight and we might do some data-logging and programming to set the boost level to 18 psi (or slightly lower) as that is what the current tune is set at. I'm still waiting to get into the dyno for the full tune (might still leave it at 18 psi for now to sort everything out and then turn it up as the summer progresses).
Modified by Rabbit Farmer at 6:31 AM 7-3-2008