Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Bluetooth Installation in 2006 Touareg V10 w/ DVD NAVI

1. 07-02-2007 12:41 PM #1
      I am getting ready to install the bluetooth setup that V10 installed and posted here:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3120147

I just wanted to know if, the new button module would require and VAG-COM recoding or the running of additional wires into the plugs since this button/feature does not exist on my current setup.

Spockat, how much for the button module as well. I could not find it ay OEM.PLUS. IM me if possible. Part # 7L6 959 538 E

Thanks for all the help

2. 07-02-2007 07:37 PM #2
      No VAG-com coding required. Totally plug and play.

Good luck, I am still enjoying mine every day. I think this mod tops the keyless start. Both are absolute necessities.

3. 07-02-2007 07:50 PM #3
      I psyched to get it and install it, especially since they have made a new harness that is more plug and play than before and does not need a seperate power line run to the parrot box!!!

Is the new button module really worth it, or just stick to the +/- volume controls? I figure having the phone button just makes a whole lot easier!!!

4. 07-02-2007 09:22 PM #4
      I have wasted 180 bucks on other things for a lot less long term benefit. Yes, I think it's nice to have ...

Modified by teutonicv10 at 6:23 PM 7-2-2007

5. 07-02-2007 11:04 PM #5
      I have the parriot 3200 has voice recognition for nane or number,can scroll thru my phone book on its screen,i use it with a motorola phone

[IMG][/IMG]

6. 07-19-2007 12:36 PM #6
      I hope you dont mind me pestering you about the Bluetooth install you did again. I have gotten everything that you spelled out, but when I spoke to Howard over at ParrotKits to get the harness he did mention that I would have to remove 2 wires and relocate them to our green plug? Is this true and did you have to do this. Any tips on removing the wires from the plug, I know some plugs can be downright nasty to pull pins out of!!!!

PS
      What the hell does the Star button do on the new button cluster? I am hoping for front passenger eject (OK sometimes )

7. 07-19-2007 08:44 PM #7
      Quote, originally posted by whammie »
      I hope you dont mind me pestering you about the Bluetooth install you did again. I have gotten everything that you spelled out, but when I spoke to Howard over at ParrotKits to get the harness he did mention that I would have to remove 2 wires and relocate them to our green plug? Is this true and did you have to do this. Any tips on removing the wires from the plug, I know some plugs can be downright nasty to pull pins out of!!!!

PS
      What the hell does the Star button do on the new button cluster? I am hoping for front passenger eject (OK sometimes )

I did not have to relocate any wires. I think that is only applicable to the CD based Nav. That said, you should double check with Howard if he changed the harness.

The star button on my '04 V10 caused the Nav to repeat the voice command. I have not gotten that to work on the '06.

8. 07-20-2007 12:02 PM #8
      Howard did change the harness but only by adding in a power line to the parrot kit so you do not have to splice into anything.

As far as I know he was mentioning a green plug that is in the spot where the large connector goes into the back of the radio that is only used, as he is aware of, on the Touareg. It is this green plug, not present on other VW's that he said I would need to pull the 2 tel wires out of his plug and put into the green one?

Now you may be right that is on the CD Nav and not the DVD Nav system????

Guess I will just have to wait and see when I get my grubby paws on it.