Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Neuspeed Coil Springs - upside down?

1. 07-05-2007 07:35 PM #1
      Hello VWVortex Forum!

I just had my mechanic install some Neuspeed Coil Springs on my Golf IV.
      As I am inspecting the job they did, i noticed the logo and information branding on the coils is upside down when viewing the springs in the front. Couldn't check the rear yet.

My question is:

Is this normal? How do i know if they installed it correctly? My gut (being a graphic designer) is that the logos should be right side up, but my expertise is not in cars.

I also noticed the right shock top screw that is viewable under the hood is slightly hovering over the chassis. The left shock is snug to the chassis, but the right one has about a 1/4" gap from the mount to the chassis. Any advice on that as well. Much appreciated.

(please go easy on me if this is a stupid question, but you guys are my know it alls when it comes to VW ) thank you for your input.

Robert

Modified by sphereboy at 9:27 PM 7-5-2007

2. 07-05-2007 07:37 PM #2
      i dont think it matters if its upside down or not
      Old: mk4 2001 Matchstick Red JTI VR6 5sp - giac cam chip, 262 cams, ram air intake, catless borla exhaust, coilovers, 17" work equips, filled hood notch/badgeless grill, shaved fenders, euro rub strip, satin black b-pillars/roof...traded in
      New: mk6 2011 CSG GTI 6sp - cts turbo downpipe/intake, eibach pro street coilovers, dieselgeek shortshifter...work in progress

Vehicles
      '61 Beetle '04 A4 '08 Silverado
      07-05-2007 07:38 PM #3
      The front can only go in one direction and the rear should have the closer coils at the bottom. Lots of spring manufacturers do this.
      HTH
      Richard
      P.S. 2001 and 50 posts that has to be a record.

4. 07-05-2007 08:51 PM #4
      ^^^^^^yeah that is correct. good luck with the coils.

5. 07-05-2007 09:29 PM #5
      Quote, originally posted by automan21 »
      ^^^^^^yeah that is correct. good luck with the coils.

thanks. they feel very nice. makes me want to take corners a little snappier.
      i checked out the rear coils and the tighter coils are towards the bottom.

Any ideas on the mount sticking up from the chassis. Looks weird to me. I might swing by the mechanic and ask them, but i wanted to get your feedback as well. That way he can't jerk me around.