Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Cat crapping on rug!!

1. 07-20-2007 09:49 PM #1
      I have seen the posts about the dogs doing this, but you don't often here about a cat doing it. He is getting older now so that may play a part (almost 20 YO). It just started out of the blue a couple of days ago. He seems healthy otherwise. There have been no changes in litter, or box location. Food has been the same for over 2 years. Tonite I even scrubbed his box, the litter one that is.
      Anybody here have any suggestions, or experiance? I love the old guy, but I cannot have him ruining my rugs. Help

Vehicles
      1999 Cosmic Green Jetta TDI
      07-20-2007 11:42 PM #2
      20 years old?! Wow, God bless the little guy! I'd have a vet look at him b/c at that age my first thought is a medical problem.
      Quote Originally Posted by KahviVW View Post
      Wow, TCLers are not a photogenic bunch
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      My god...this thread is pure homosexual excellence.

3. 07-21-2007 07:10 AM #3
      I was thinking the same thing. Anybody on here from Aston Pa. area? I was wondering about Chichester Animal Hospital. I used to use Springfield Vet, but it is a bit of a drive. He doesn't like car rides. Any opinions appreciated.

Vehicles
      2012 BMW 135i, 2004 Honda Civic
      07-23-2007 04:33 PM #4
      I would suggest reading up or posting your question also on http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/

Excellent advice and recommendations over there!

The original car modding app DUBMODDER: interactive car customizer

5. 07-25-2007 02:53 PM #5
      Maybe the cats just old and doesn't give a f'k where it craps. j/k

But seriously, do they sell depends for cats?

6. 07-25-2007 10:48 PM #6
      i've seen diapers for dogs so maybe somewhere there are some for cats?

7. 07-30-2007 12:13 AM #7
      Yes I could just see it know. Blakie in a diaper! No, don't see that happening. I would be mauled from elbows to fingertips trying to put them on.

He did go to the vet Friday. They had a tough time with him. He tried to bite everybody he could. Hehe still has some spirit in him. Anyway they said he has an overactive thyriod, along with some intestinal problem they could not identify. I was given some form of kitty Kaopectate to give to him once a day.
      He has shown some improvement. Only one accident this weekend. My buddy will be with me for awhile longer.

Vehicles
      E90 335i and MK6 Golf
      07-31-2007 05:11 PM #8
      The cat that I grew up with and lives with my mom is still going strong at 24!

He had a spell a year ago that we thought was death but ended up just being an infection!

Vehicles
      93 SLC, 04 Touareg V8, 2000 Jetta TDI - RIP
      07-31-2007 05:44 PM #9
      We have a 15 year old kitty who does the SAME thing! He dumps anywhere from 6" - 12" from the box. Always urinates in the box. Sometimes he'll go a few days "hitting the mark" and then it's back to just barely missing. His food has not changed, we've lived in the same apartment for 2 years. We clean the litter box every day, but have let it go two days to see if that makes a difference. Doesn't seem to matter. We have one other cat who never misses.

We eventually gave up and put a big piece of plexiglass in front of the litter box. If anyone has an idea, we'll happily give it a try.

Here's the critter in question: (he's the one on bottom)

<click for larger>

Peace!

Peace!
      93 SLC, 04 Touareg V8
      GBNF: 77 Chevy 1/2 ton, 79 Rabbit, 84 GTI, 88 GTI-16V, 00 Jetta GLS TDI, 00 Deville
      Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength - E. Hoffer
      Hate is like drinking poison and wishing your enemy would die. - Native American

10. 08-05-2007 12:01 PM #10
      My cat is 18 yrs old and just starting crapping in the bath tub every single day.

08-13-2007 10:42 PM #11

12. 04-27-2012 07:04 AM #12
      It becomes very annoying when your pet you love..ruins things which are not meant to..try vinegar for cleaning your rug..and also there are many rug cleaning agents in the market..which will make your area rug the same as it was before..

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      05-13-2012 12:42 AM #13
      Old thread but out 20 year old cat randomly refused to go in the box all of a sudden. Just started going next to the box. No medical issues... We just started putting down puppy training pads and he'd go on those, since he was fixated on the location. 9 months later and he's randomly back in the litter box, although we still leave the pads just in case .

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

14. 05-16-2012 10:33 PM #14
      I thinks you should try this to protect your rug. There are so many great synthetic grasses types around at the moment, if you pick a good quality one that is made locally to color match your environment.

15. 05-18-2012 01:15 PM #15
      Cats peeing/pooping where they shouldn't means they are sick. Have him checked for a UTI.

Vehicles
      mine :: mk6 gti & mk3 morris mini :: his :: mk2 gti aba-t & mk4 gti vr6 :: ours :: mk1 cabby
      05-21-2012 11:54 AM #16
      it doesn't always mean that they are sick or have a UTI, my cat passed last summer, but for about 2 years prior he pooped just outside of his box. we took him to the vet and everything was fine, our vet told us that sometimes that happens as cats get older, especially in houses with multiple cats.

17. 06-02-2012 10:14 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Katie-S View Post
      Cats peeing/pooping where they shouldn't means they are sick. Have him checked for a UTI.
      Not necessarily. I have a female that ever since she was a kitten would randomly poop close to, but not in the box. Clean box, dirty box, different litter, change diet, nothing matters. She's pushing 14 yrs old now and still does it. I think it's just her way of saying F.U.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      06-14-2012 11:18 AM #18
      I had the opposite happen with a new kitten. she always has gone to the litter box and last night the door was closed to the bathroom so she could not use the litter box woke up in the morning and she always plays in a paper bag thats just slightly bigger than she is. looked in it sitting upright and she had pooped in it because she did not want to dirty the carpet. shes a great cat lol
      Demokratically Elekted Harbinger of Beetus & Confektionariy Devices of The Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      I contribute nothing of value to this thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eberger View Post
      Methamphetamine and masturbation go together like chocolate and peanut butter... I guess.

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      06-14-2012 02:10 PM #19
      My 1 year old does that when the liter box isn't perfect. Err! She is a princess though so it is ok.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      2013 JSW TDI DSG Candy White, 2011 Kia Optima SX (Turbo) / 2011 JSW TDI 97 Jetta GT & 91 Passat wag
      06-14-2012 02:43 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      My 1 year old does that when the liter box isn't perfect. Err! She is a princess though so it is ok.
      Oh yeah, we fight this occasionally with our cats (4) but really it's just ONE cat and of course her name is "Monster".

For the OP, a 20YO cat is really up there and it could very well be a health issue or an ability to get into.out of the box?
      2013 JSW TDI, Nav, Kessy - White, Pano roof, Canvas Back dog/cargo liner
      13% tint, 30% on Pano, rear spoiler, mud guards.
      Replaced - Trouble free 2011 Sportwagen TDi Salsa Red. Oo>=====v=====<oO/
      2011 Kia Optima SX (Turbo) Corsa Blue - 13% Tint, LED interior lighting, "Big Boy" horn, T badge. BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2

21. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '05 3, '12 TSX
      06-14-2012 04:31 PM #21
      One of our cats always poops on the concrete floor in the basement utility room, inches away from the litter box. He's been doing this since he was little in every place we've had. Never on a rug, or wood, or linoleum... just concrete. I think he likes rubbing his butt on it

Our older cat, max, pooped a few times in one of our extra bedrooms in the middle of the night. Nice and solid, no big deal to clean up. But he has arthritis in his hips. He clearly didn't want to walk all the way down 2 flights to the basement. So we put a small box for him in the laundry room on the bedroom level.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '05 3, '12 TSX
      06-14-2012 04:32 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by cwescapexlt4x4 View Post

For the OP, a 20YO cat is really up there and it could very well be a health issue or an ability to get into.out of the box?
      We just replied to a 5 year old thread. Cat probably isn't around any more.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.