Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREE APR Flash (Chip) Trials in San Antonio, DFW and the Valley!

1. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      07-25-2007 04:06 PM #1
      FREE APR SOFTWARE (FLASH TUNE) TRIALS NOW AVAILABLE IN NORTH, CENTRAL AND SOUTH TEXAS AREAS!

In a perfect world you'd be able to try out your product before buying, right? We agree! If you're looking for some of the finest performance software available for your turbocharged Volkswagen or Audi, Texas area dealers are now offering free trials of the product for you. That's right, all APR ECU Software Upgrades that installed via Directport Programming are eligible for a 6-hour free trial. This means you can experience the performance of the APR ECU Software Upgrade for your vehicle at no cost to you for 6 hours of driving time! To receive a free trial, please see these long time Texas APR dealers below for an appointment. Each dealer has been doing APR for up to 5 years now with over 100 cars done per shop. Where are you located in our big state? North, Central or South Texas?

Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington: DUBsquared is located in Arlington in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and was started by Volkswagen legends of Jeff Key and Billy Tylaska, two of the more experienced watercooled tuners in all of Texas. Jeff Key is a certified Volkswagen tech that is responsible for helping build some of the fastest MK3 VR6s to come out of the DFW area, while Billy T. made his mark years ago as one of the first guys in the country to put down big power in a MK4 1.8T. Billy and Jeff's newest project is low a 10 second MK2 VR6 that recently made over 700 whp! Also on the DUBsquared team is Philip Wight, the now new owner and operator of the shop. DUBsquared can service Volkswagen/Audi owners in the DFW area on anything from APR Chip Tuning, to brake jobs, to timing belt installs or full-on motor swaps and turbo conversions.

DUBsquared
      1218 Colorado Lane
      Arlington, TX 76015

- PHONE: 817.277.5593

- WEB: http://www.dubsquared.net

San Antonio/Austin: MJM Autohaus is the stocking Master Warehouse Distributor for the Central and South Texas regions for Air Lift, ARP, B&G, Eibach, Hawk, KONI, NEUSPEED and Sparco, and Standard Warehouse Distributors for Forge Motorsport, H&R, JE Pistons, Magnaflow, MOMO Prothane, Power Slot, StopTech, as well as offering storefront retail services on OEM and maintenance parts. MJM can also offer installation services for customers, as well as wholesale programs for qualified shops, jobbers and resellers.

MJM Autohaus
      10740 Hillpoint #4
      San Antonio, TX 78217

- AIM: mjmautohaus or JUANatMJM

- PHONE: 210.DUB.PART (382.7278)

- WEB: www.mjmautohaus.com

McAllen/Rio Grande Valley: Deep South Tuning is the RGV's source for all Volkswagen and Audi tuning services. Julio has been serving the McAllen and surrounding areas for almost 5 years now and offers products from ABD Racing, APR, Autotech Sport Tuning, NEUSPEED and more. For those south of the border in Mexico, DST can also assist you with the performance needs of the Spanish speaking enthusiast, too.

Deep South Tuning
      1620 S. 29th Street
      McAllen TX 78503 USA

- PHONE: 956.225.6899

- WEB: www.deepsouthtuning.com

Last edited by sales@mjm; 11-29-2011 at 09:12 PM.

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 VW GTI 1.8T
      07-30-2007 07:05 PM #2
      Wow, Dubsquared is about 4 blocks from my house, and I didn't know it even existed. I'll have to stop by sometime and check out the shop.

3. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      07-31-2007 01:58 AM #3
      Quote, originally posted by fli gti »
      Wow, Dubsquared is about 4 blocks from my house, and I didn't know it even existed. I'll have to stop by sometime and check out the shop.

Billy and Jeff will set you straight.

4. Banned
      08-06-2007 07:56 PM #4
      el paso??

5. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      08-07-2007 12:39 AM #5
      Quote, originally posted by mindytoyvw »
      el paso??

It's a city way out in West Texas. I-10 will take you straight there from San Antonio, but it's almost a 7 hour trek.

If you're asking if there is a dealer out there, no, there isn't.

You can always mail us your ECU and we can bench flash it. Turn-around time is same day.

Give us a call and ask to speak with Juan, our software tech. He'll give you the details on how to get the bench flash taken care of for you.

Through the month of August, we'll be offering the Forge 007 DVs for $100 with purchase of any MK4 1.8T Stage I or REVO Big Turbo flash.

AIM: JUANatMJM

AIM: mjmautohaus

6. Banned
      08-07-2007 07:40 PM #6
      well actually i have a 1995 gti vr6 sced. anything for that?

7. 08-08-2007 02:30 PM #7
      Feel free to shoot me an email reagrding any services that Dubsquared might be able to provide.

Billy Tylaska=1.BillyT=dubsquared

Search for username 1.BillyT for resume and credentials

We're open 11-7 Monday-Friday and 11-5 Saturday.

info@dubsquared.net
      817 277 5593

I was a man... I was a good man... Selling insurance...

8. Banned
      08-13-2007 03:58 PM #8
      yeah right now im looking for c2 fueling. how much for a lsd?

9. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      08-14-2007 04:25 AM #9
      yeah right now im looking for c2 fueling. how much for a lsd?

The diffs are on our site. Give us a call about the C2 stuff.

Let's try to keep this thread free of anything but software flashing.

10. 09-05-2007 05:06 PM #10
      What about Brownsville TX??? I have a Seat Leon FR Stock

11. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      09-06-2007 07:12 AM #11
      Quote, originally posted by FormulaRacing1 »
      What about Brownsville TX??? I have a Seat Leon FR Stock

Give us a call about that, as there are few things Juan needs to discuss with you.

12. Banned
      09-14-2007 01:05 PM #12
      so these are for mk4 1.8ts? do we need to pay for anything? how does this work?? do u have a controller to controll wether or not to use the program or be oem, valet, etc?

13. 09-14-2007 04:48 PM #13
      All switching is done through the cruise control button.

Another cool thing about the trial, for someone in your position, is that if you drive to the nearest APR dealer, which might be 500 miles, and get a trial, then drive home and decide you want to make the purchase, once payment has been arrange, the shop that flashed you will give you a code that you enter into the system via the cruise control button and it unlocks the flash. No need to drive back to get the flash unlocked.

14. Banned
      09-14-2007 04:51 PM #14
      i dont get it? so u go they install a trial for free? if u like it then u keep it? for how long does the thing last? how much is it?

15. 09-16-2007 07:24 PM #15
      6 hours of drive time. No charge for a trial at my shop.

16. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      09-18-2007 05:26 PM #16
      i dont get it? so u go they install a trial for free? if u like it then u keep it? for how long does the thing last? how much is it?

That is correct. The trial itself is free of charge. It's for a total of six (6) hours of driving time for the trial. If you like it, you can choose to pay for it and it stays on your car until you want it removed.

The retail cost for a Stage I flash is $499.95.

17. Banned
      09-18-2007 06:44 PM #17
      ok i got a 2001 jetta 1.8t. what can u guys do and for what price?

18. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      09-19-2007 12:38 AM #18
      ok i got a 2001 jetta 1.8t. what can u guys do and for what price?

I'm pretty sure the answer to that question was answered in the post right above yours. What exactly did you want to know that isn't answered by either myself or Billy at Dub Squared in this thread?

In an effort to keep this thread short and not a 10 page one full of 'conversation', send either Billy or myself an IM so we can give you personal consultation on what it is you're trying to do with your project.

MJM also has AIM at mjmautohaus or JUANatMJM.

19. 10-08-2007 10:18 PM #19
      Just to make sure all the flashes are $499? Just checking here.

20. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      10-09-2007 04:25 AM #20
      Quote, originally posted by klg0143 »
      Just to make sure all the flashes are $499? Just checking here.

All flashes are not $499. Some applications are more, some are less.

You can see all retail pricing at http://www.goapr.com

21. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      11-15-2007 11:31 PM #21
      MJM Autohaus also does NEUSPEED Optican and REVO software flashing in-house, too. For those looking to put together a performance package with a software upgrade, diverter valve, cold air intake, pulleys, or exhaust - let us know, we can put something together for you.

22. 11-29-2007 09:06 PM #22
      Trial??? software flash meaning....?

23. 01-08-2008 01:21 PM #23
      Got my flash from Billy this past weekend at Dubsquared. Great guy, would recommend him to anyone.

24. 02-14-2008 03:07 AM #24
      I am in the Dallas area, and am looking to setup my new 2008 R32 for the SCCA STX Solo II class. I am looking into getting the ECU flash, an air intake, swaybars, modify the stock exhaust (for now), and a 4 wheel alignment. Coilovers will come later. What could you do for me? I have been looking at either the VF or EVOM air intake system, and have had all sorts of comments on REVO or GIAC software (but nothing about your APR s/w), and have not found much other than H&R having a complete (FR & RR) set of swaybars. This is not for the street! This is for competition, and up against great drivers, and the tough to beat WRX's in my class. So I need serious work, and from someone familiar with AutoX. Thanks

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI(SOLD), 2010 Passat Wagon, 2012 Jetta GLI(SOLD), 2011 CC R Line
      02-16-2008 01:02 PM #25
      Quote, originally posted by jess@mjm »

Billy at D2 is the Dub shop to go to in the DFW area.

i couldnt agree more

AJ
      Instagram: aj_p

26. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      02-20-2008 02:16 AM #26
      Quote, originally posted by leperkuan »
      Trial??? software flash meaning....?

"Trial" refers to being able to "try-out" the software for free. We offer free "trials" of the performance software for five (5) hours of driving time. If you like it and want to keep it, we work out pricing on the software. If you do not like the extra 30-35hp in your 1.8T or the near 45-50hp gain in the 2.0L FSIs, you do not have to pay for it. It's a free "trial" of the software. No harm, no foul...

"Software flash" refers to us being able to "chip" your vehicle via your OBD port rather than the old school conventional way of popping your hood, pulling out your ECU, and soldering a "chip" into it.

I'm not sure if that explanation answered your questions or not, but if you have any other inquiries, feel free to phone either us here at MJM or DUBsquared up in the DFW area if either of us can be of any further assistance.

Quote, originally posted by Harry_Krishna »
      I am in the Dallas area, and am looking to setup my new 2008 R32 for the SCCA STX Solo II class. I am looking into getting the ECU flash, an air intake, swaybars, modify the stock exhaust (for now), and a 4 wheel alignment. Coilovers will come later. What could you do for me? I have been looking at either the VF or EVOM air intake system, and have had all sorts of comments on REVO or GIAC software (but nothing about your APR s/w), and have not found much other than H&R having a complete (FR & RR) set of swaybars. This is not for the street! This is for competition, and up against great drivers, and the tough to beat WRX's in my class. So I need serious work, and from someone familiar with AutoX. Thanks

If it's the hard parts you're looking for over the software (coilovers, sway bars, intake, etc), you can see what we have to offer on our online catalog at http://www.mjmautohaus.com under the MK5 R32 category.

On the software, we offer REVO, APR, and NEUSPEED all in-house here. We are in San Antonio, though, so unless you wanted to drive down here or ship us your ECU, we probably won't be much help in this department. If you would, however, like to go with REVO (since you claimed you didn't want APR) and wanted to go a rear sway bar at the same time, we could certainly entertain the idea of working out a package discount on the two. If the drive down here to the Alamo City doesn't sound appealing, I'm sure Dubsquared in Arlington would certainly get you taken care.

Feel free to give either or Dubsquared us a call if we can help.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 1.8T
      02-29-2008 10:29 PM #27
      I'm really happy with my APR software. The fact that they offer a free trial was one of the reasons I went with APR over GIAC. Billy at Dubsquared was really helpful....

28. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      03-24-2008 06:09 AM #28
      Quote, originally posted by bill1975 »
      I'm really happy with my APR software. The fact that they offer a free trial was one of the reasons I went with APR over GIAC. Billy at Dubsquared was really helpful....

29. 04-20-2008 08:15 AM #29
      Quote, originally posted by MJM Autohaus »

"Trial" refers to being able to "try-out" the software for free. We offer free "trials" of the performance software for five (5) hours of driving time. If you like it and want to keep it, we work out pricing on the software. If you do not like the extra 30-35hp in your 1.8T or the near 45-50hp gain in the 2.0L FSIs, you do not have to pay for it. It's a free "trial" of the software. No harm, no foul...

"Software flash" refers to us being able to "chip" your vehicle via your OBD port rather than the old school conventional way of popping your hood, pulling out your ECU, and soldering a "chip" into it.

I'm not sure if that explanation answered your questions or not, but if you have any other inquiries, feel free to phone either us here at MJM or DUBsquared up in the DFW area if either of us can be of any further assistance.

Answered it pretty good, another question, trial... i come with $XXX.XX amount of dollars and put a deposit on this flash and if i dont like it within 5 hours you downgrade me and give me my money back? or does it just fade away?

30. 05-17-2008 05:47 PM #30
      I'm in Dallas. Do you program TDis? I didn't see it on your website.

31. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      05-20-2008 03:14 AM #31
      Quote, originally posted by The Chris »
      I'm in Dallas. Do you program TDis? I didn't see it on your website.

We, MJM Autohaus here in San Antonio can, but I do not think DUBsquared is doing TDI software as of yet. Contact them via their contact info for more info, as it's a much closer drive to you than we are. If you'd like to make the trek down here to the Alamo City for a tune, we'd be glad to accommodate you. Please contact us for more info.

32. 05-23-2008 12:29 PM #32
      Eurosport Automotive in Plano is also an official APR dealer, according to goapr.com.

33. 05-23-2008 05:41 PM #33
      Has APR come out with the flash for the MKV R32 yet? Last I heard from them, it was still being worked on

34. 05-28-2008 04:19 PM #34
      I am here in the fort worth area, do you need to test anything on the 2004 r32? I am up for whatever. Hit me up. I think I may Know a customer of yours already. Just lest me know.

-D-

35. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      05-29-2008 01:59 AM #35
      Quote, originally posted by leperkuan »

Answered it pretty good, another question, trial... i come with $XXX.XX amount of dollars and put a deposit on this flash and if i dont like it within 5 hours you downgrade me and give me my money back? or does it just fade away?

The trial is free - there is no deposit. We load the trial on the car and there is five (5) hours of driving time at no out-of-pocket cost to you. After the trial is up, you can decide whether or not you like the power and whether or not you want to keep it. If you want to keep it, there are packages starting at $400 to $600 dependent upon your application.

Quote, originally posted by FunkytownR32 »
      I am here in the fort worth area, do you need to
      test anything on the 2004 r32? I am up for whatever. Hit me up. I think I may Know a customer of yours already. Just lest me know.

-D-

If you're located up in the DFW area, give Billy at D2 a ring or contact them via email. Billy and crew will definitely get your R32 squared away. You should see the one they're building now. Mucho horsepower - rumor has it in the four (4) digits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast