Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FREE APR Flash (Chip) Trials in San Antonio, DFW and the Valley!

1. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      02-20-2008 01:16 AM #26
      Quote, originally posted by leperkuan »
      Trial??? software flash meaning....?

"Trial" refers to being able to "try-out" the software for free. We offer free "trials" of the performance software for five (5) hours of driving time. If you like it and want to keep it, we work out pricing on the software. If you do not like the extra 30-35hp in your 1.8T or the near 45-50hp gain in the 2.0L FSIs, you do not have to pay for it. It's a free "trial" of the software. No harm, no foul...
      "Software flash" refers to us being able to "chip" your vehicle via your OBD port rather than the old school conventional way of popping your hood, pulling out your ECU, and soldering a "chip" into it.
      I'm not sure if that explanation answered your questions or not, but if you have any other inquiries, feel free to phone either us here at MJM or DUBsquared up in the DFW area if either of us can be of any further assistance.
      Quote, originally posted by Harry_Krishna »
      I am in the Dallas area, and am looking to setup my new 2008 R32 for the SCCA STX Solo II class. I am looking into getting the ECU flash, an air intake, swaybars, modify the stock exhaust (for now), and a 4 wheel alignment. Coilovers will come later. What could you do for me? I have been looking at either the VF or EVOM air intake system, and have had all sorts of comments on REVO or GIAC software (but nothing about your APR s/w), and have not found much other than H&R having a complete (FR & RR) set of swaybars. This is not for the street! This is for competition, and up against great drivers, and the tough to beat WRX's in my class. So I need serious work, and from someone familiar with AutoX. Thanks

If it's the hard parts you're looking for over the software (coilovers, sway bars, intake, etc), you can see what we have to offer on our online catalog at http://www.mjmautohaus.com under the MK5 R32 category.
      On the software, we offer REVO, APR, and NEUSPEED all in-house here. We are in San Antonio, though, so unless you wanted to drive down here or ship us your ECU, we probably won't be much help in this department. If you would, however, like to go with REVO (since you claimed you didn't want APR) and wanted to go a rear sway bar at the same time, we could certainly entertain the idea of working out a package discount on the two. If the drive down here to the Alamo City doesn't sound appealing, I'm sure Dubsquared in Arlington would certainly get you taken care.
      Feel free to give either or Dubsquared us a call if we can help.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 1.8T
      02-29-2008 09:29 PM #27
      I'm really happy with my APR software. The fact that they offer a free trial was one of the reasons I went with APR over GIAC. Billy at Dubsquared was really helpful....

3. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      03-24-2008 05:09 AM #28
      Quote, originally posted by bill1975 »
      I'm really happy with my APR software. The fact that they offer a free trial was one of the reasons I went with APR over GIAC. Billy at Dubsquared was really helpful....

[IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

4. 04-20-2008 07:15 AM #29
      Quote, originally posted by MJM Autohaus »
      "Trial" refers to being able to "try-out" the software for free. We offer free "trials" of the performance software for five (5) hours of driving time. If you like it and want to keep it, we work out pricing on the software. If you do not like the extra 30-35hp in your 1.8T or the near 45-50hp gain in the 2.0L FSIs, you do not have to pay for it. It's a free "trial" of the software. No harm, no foul...
      "Software flash" refers to us being able to "chip" your vehicle via your OBD port rather than the old school conventional way of popping your hood, pulling out your ECU, and soldering a "chip" into it.
      I'm not sure if that explanation answered your questions or not, but if you have any other inquiries, feel free to phone either us here at MJM or DUBsquared up in the DFW area if either of us can be of any further assistance.

Answered it pretty good, another question, trial... i come with $XXX.XX amount of dollars and put a deposit on this flash and if i dont like it within 5 hours you downgrade me and give me my money back? or does it just fade away?

5. 05-17-2008 04:47 PM #30
      I'm in Dallas. Do you program TDis? I didn't see it on your website.

6. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      05-20-2008 02:14 AM #31
      Quote, originally posted by The Chris »
      I'm in Dallas. Do you program TDis? I didn't see it on your website.

We, MJM Autohaus here in San Antonio can, but I do not think DUBsquared is doing TDI software as of yet. Contact them via their contact info for more info, as it's a much closer drive to you than we are. If you'd like to make the trek down here to the Alamo City for a tune, we'd be glad to accommodate you. Please contact us for more info.

7. 05-23-2008 11:29 AM #32
      Eurosport Automotive in Plano is also an official APR dealer, according to goapr.com.

8. 05-23-2008 04:41 PM #33
      Has APR come out with the flash for the MKV R32 yet? Last I heard from them, it was still being worked on

9. 05-28-2008 03:19 PM #34
      I am here in the fort worth area, do you need to test anything on the 2004 r32? I am up for whatever. Hit me up. I think I may Know a customer of yours already. Just lest me know.
      -D-

10. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      05-29-2008 12:59 AM #35
      Quote, originally posted by leperkuan »
      Answered it pretty good, another question, trial... i come with $XXX.XX amount of dollars and put a deposit on this flash and if i dont like it within 5 hours you downgrade me and give me my money back? or does it just fade away?

The trial is free - there is no deposit. We load the trial on the car and there is five (5) hours of driving time at no out-of-pocket cost to you. After the trial is up, you can decide whether or not you like the power and whether or not you want to keep it. If you want to keep it, there are packages starting at $400 to $600 dependent upon your application.
      Quote, originally posted by FunkytownR32 »
      I am here in the fort worth area, do you need to
      test anything on the 2004 r32? I am up for whatever. Hit me up. I think I may Know a customer of yours already. Just lest me know.
      -D-

If you're located up in the DFW area, give Billy at D2 a ring or contact them via email. Billy and crew will definitely get your R32 squared away. You should see the one they're building now. Mucho horsepower - rumor has it in the four (4) digits.

Vehicles
      2015 Dodge Challenger RT, 2015 Ram
      08-02-2008 05:53 PM #36
      Just got hooked up today at dubsquared. Great place and I plan on taking the Audi back next.
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

12. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      08-07-2008 06:50 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Soldaten View Post
      Just got hooked up today at dubsquared. Great place and I plan on taking the Audi back next.
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Last edited by sales@mjm; 01-11-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Vehicles
      '09 Audi A3 Quattro
      09-22-2008 11:25 PM #38
      can't wait till autumnfest! i want a damn chip!
      what big time specials are we talking about?
      can we get them earlier in the mood of autumnbahn?

14. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      09-25-2008 01:29 AM #39
      Quote, originally posted by yohoitztho »
      can't wait till autumnfest! i want a damn chip!
      what big time specials are we talking about?
      can we get them earlier in the mood of autumnbahn?

Email us through our site at http://www.mjmautohaus.com and we'll see what we can do.

15. 10-15-2008 02:43 AM #40
      i never knew that you guys had a full install shop? i thought you were just a distributor. good to know. when i do my crazy upgades i have a place to go near school, and near my home in dfw

16. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      10-15-2008 05:35 AM #41
      Quote, originally posted by dallas04gli »
      i never knew that you guys had a full install shop? i thought you were just a distributor. good to know. when i do my crazy upgades i have a place to go near school, and near my home in dfw

We can certainly install any product you buy here, but we are contemplating removing our puny one-car install bay to make room for stocking more product. The small amount of installs we do does not justify the volume of parts and accessories we ship, thus why we are probably going to discontinue doing things like timing belt installs, sway bars, coilovers, etc. This will, however, be at least until our new facility is finished being built (an estimated 9-12 months away). Our recent Brembo and Sparco distributing deals has left our warehouse space to a minimum. Regardless, we'll always offer in-house flashing for many makes and models, as this does not require must and can be done in the back.
      Definitely stop by and say hello if you are ever in the area, though.

17. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      10-30-2008 07:00 PM #42
      NOVEMBER SPECIAL:
      MK4 1.8T flash customers receive the following deals with purchase of software.
      - Forge 007V ($100)
      - Forge Turbo Inlet Pipe ($150)
      - NEUSPEED P-Flo Intake ($125)
      - Kinetic Motorsport Front Mount Intercooler ($625)

Vehicles
      991 C2S / F80
      06-10-2009 06:42 PM #43
      Pm'ed
      Lover: F80 M3 / 991 C2S
      Previous loves: E92 M3 / 07 S2k / '12 GTi / G37s / 370z / '12 GTi / 06 s2k / 10 Civic Si / 08 R32 TR / 06 s2k / 02 s2k / MZ3

19. 02-25-2010 10:44 AM #44
      Do we know if APR has anything yet for the 10' TDI 2.0? I am doing suspension work now on my 2010 JSW DSG TDI & look forward to this option.

20. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      03-01-2010 07:02 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by markart »
      Do we know if APR has anything yet for the 10' TDI 2.0? I am doing suspension work now on my 2010 JSW DSG TDI & look forward to this option.

Coming soon to a dealer near you! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      03-08-2010 09:16 AM #46
      hey are these trials still available?

22. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      VAG Toys
      03-09-2010 09:45 AM #47
      Quote, originally posted by jayzus »
      hey are these trials still available?

They are indeed. Give us a call to set up an appointment. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

23. 04-20-2010 01:05 AM #48
      ok dont get all mad or anything
      "newest project is low a 10 second MK2 VR6 that recently made over 700 whp!"
      honestly shouldnt a mk2 with 700 whp do better than 10 sec?
      ive seen alot of 7 second mk 2's with 16vt's
      again sorry if im detracting from anything

Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      04-23-2010 07:49 PM #49
      anything like this for the 2.5?

25. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      Euro Whips
      04-23-2010 08:45 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by vdub10golf »
      anything like this for the 2.5?

Yes, we offer software from several different companies for your 2.5L motor.
      Give us a call or email us with some details on your car so we can see if we have a file for it (we'll need the VIN).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast